SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burkett claims he has imaginary friends...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Burkett claims he has imaginary friends... Reply with quote

<blockquote>“I didn’t forge anything,” Burkett said. “I didn’t fake any documents. The only thing I’ve done here is to transfer documents from people I thought were real to people I thought were real. And that has been the limitation of my role. I may have been a patsy.”</blockquote><p>

Anyone else notice that Burkett apparently has imaginary friends?... "People I <b>THOUGHT</b>
were Real". This means clearly, that he no longer thinks these people are real anymore.
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been better for him if he were a paranoid schizophrenic. He would have run away from his imaginary friends instead of accepting forged documents from them.

An old newspaper article I read a few days ago said that he had been treated some type of mental illness (besides being a Democrat). Anyone know exactly what?
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I saw about Burkett was that he had a "nervous breakdown" at some time in the past. That can mean anything, and by itself, is not a crime. But it is the kind of history that should make a serious journalist look at the source very seriously.
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her name is "Lucy Ramirez". Trouble is no one can find her. He also says he burned the originals. How convenient.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-09-21-cover-guard_x.htm

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that is probably the only smart thing he did in this case. It is impossible to prove a fraud case without the originial copy of the fraudulent document.

I wonder which Democrat attorney told him to do that?

He could still be prosecuted for (1) destruction of evidence and (2) obstruction of justice. Those charges carry a lesser prison term/fine than (1) wire fraud and (2) attempt to improperly influence a federal election.
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One almost feels sorry for Burkett. He is way out his league. He also is the designated fall guy for the fraud. This certainly isn't going to do his mental health any good. I hope he has a good lawyer and a good shrink.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Ford wrote:

Actually, that is probably the only smart thing he did in this case. It is impossible to prove a fraud case without the originial copy of the fraudulent document.

I wonder which Democrat attorney told him to do that?

He could still be prosecuted for (1) destruction of evidence and (2) obstruction of justice. Those charges carry a lesser prison term/fine than (1) wire fraud and (2) attempt to improperly influence a federal election.

If they have the computer they were written on, they can have the evidence they need without the original. I'm contracted to do investigations for the US Attorney's office and they give me binders of documents they recover off a computer, many deleted. They all have the date created and by who (depending on the setup of the computer as to if it shows individual family members or not.) The first thing I do is go in and log the documents with the creation date, who created and subject matter. They won't need the original if it ever was on his computer if they get in there and seize the computer before he runs over his hard drive with his tractor a thousand times.
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon

You are right - I am still in the non-electronic mode of thinking. I just hope the investigators get their hands on that hard drive before he gets a chance to wipe it or destroy it.
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burkett admits connection to Cleland....
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Hi Doc- It was a rare tropical thing!! Seriously Reply with quote

Hi Doc.
I don't have time to research or revisit where I found it, but the claim against the military that he lost on appeal was for a RARE TROPICAL illness that only FIVE PEOPLE have been known to survive!! Phew! What odds!
If I find it soon I will post it on this message.
Make it a great day!
Mary Ann Parker
spudhorse
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/nation/9748929.htm?1c

Quote:
He [Burkett] said he told [Lucy Ramirez] that someone could drop off the documents while he was attending the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo on March 3. He said he was at a cattle-sale booth on that day when a man appeared, referred to him as "Colonel," then handed him an envelope containing the documents.

Burkett said he turned to put the envelope down and "when I turned back around, he was lost in a relatively small crowd."

Ho, boy. This guy definitely has a screw loose. Even his imaginary friends have imaginary friends!

And how appropriate that all this bull came from a livestock show.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine I want to create forged documents to use against President Bush -- but if the plan fails I don't want to take the fall --- what better patsy to use then a guy with known mental problems and imaginary friends ----

Maybe Burkett's friends are not imaginary but I want it to appear that way to cut the paper trail off before it leads back to "me".

Who am I?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
Imagine I want to create forged documents to use against President Bush -- but if the plan fails I don't want to take the fall --- what better patsy to use then a guy with known mental problems and imaginary friends ----

Maybe Burkett's friends are not imaginary but I want it to appear that way to cut the paper trail off before it leads back to "me".

Who am I?

That guy is a nut. He needs to be locked up. Talk about imagination... Sad
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am far more curious about a farmer in Iowa named Martin Heldt whose name pops up with great regularity when googled. Mr. Heldt seems to have quite a bit of knowledge about missing Guard documents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: