SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Inspirational Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: An Inspirational Story Reply with quote

Here's a real treat to read.

Inspired by Protest Warrior, a conservative high schooler DARES to exercise his right to freedom of speech at his local high school and documents his experience in an incredibly well-written article not to be missed.

Operation Tiger Claw
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, it is an article not to be missed. Great read about the mentality in our public schools. This kid is really on the ball.

NoDonkey
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: An Inspirational Story Reply with quote

It reads like the principal and the VP are doing the best they can here. I can't imagine what it takes to keep order at a high school.

But the teacher that tore this kid's signs down is in the wrong profession. What's great about this kid is that he's actually interested in politics and what's going on in the country, in contrast to so many kids who are tuned out and absorbed by pop culture nonsense.

If I were a teacher and I had a student like the girl who opposed the subject of the article, I would encourage her as well. It has nothing to do with politics. Plus, maybe if I would have worked for the Carter campaign when I was in 9th grade I wouldn't have stayed a Democrat as long as I did.
Tad Belknap
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it appears the PC teacher is also an advocate of obesity in America.....
Embarassed
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: This should all give us hope for America’s future. Reply with quote

This should all give us hope for America’s future.

The right thinking members of this generation continue to almost overwhelm me.

I have 3 Sons 21,19,17 that would love to join with this group of right thinking Americans.

Justin 21, is a senior at Winnona State University MN, he is a communications major and plans on becoming another truth detector. He is also a member of the young republicans and serves as a senator on the student council. Jordan 19, began his 6 year enlistment with the US Navy 3/04. He is at Great Lakes now studying advanced electronics and will be deployed 10/04. Jered 17, is going to graduate from H.S. early and go to Great Lakes for basic training 01/05 he plans on being a Navy Diver, Seal, or flight crew member. If he fights like he plays hockey he will make one hell of a warrior.

Veterans we need to stand strong behind this generation we need to confront the media and tell them we will not let you get away with doing to them what you did to the Vietnam era veterans. Please take the time to confront the media on their behalf when ever appropriate.

Please excuse the proud father bit I just could not help myself.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Operation tiger claw Reply with quote

I best liked his point below because part of it can easily be transferred to what happens in a war such as Afganistan or Iraq. Also for an 18 year old he has guts- most people would lash out or run for cover. He stayed cool under pressure unlike a certain Senator running now for President. The pitiful thing is I didn't read that any 'teacher' came to defend him. That only shows how left and anti free speech the teachers are now. Everyone remembers how the left always tried to shut down free speech in the 60's by shouting down anyone who disagreed. It's happenning again!!!! Sad

3. Be ANNOYING

Make it clear that you are in it for the long haul and that even if you don't win today, you will be right back tomorrow to keep at it.

A war won by attrition is still a victory, so don't be afraid to wait it out and wear your opponent down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: