SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I trust stuff written by Ted Sampley?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sweeney
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Can I trust stuff written by Ted Sampley? Reply with quote

I've been doing more reading on the web, and I ran into the Vet Dispatch site, and Ted Sampley. I understand he also has a site with a similar mission to yours.

So, does anyone know if he is a credible source for information?
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoting Sampley - no matter how much you agree with what he says or how much sense that specific statement makes, will give your opponents a chance to impeach your entire line of reasoning.

Sampley has, for what may or may not be good reasons (others here know him far better), been designated by the media as a "fringe actor", a "radical", a "crackpot". He was part of the bruhaha in South Carolina during the 2000 Republican primaries, when he introduced Bush before a group of veterans by stating that McCain appeared to forget veterans when he returned from Vietnam. As you know, whenever you make any statement about a non-conservative like this you are questioning their service and patriotism (you are allowed to say anything you like about conservatives without earning any reproof). This was the first instance where Bush was denounced for "not stopping him." Bush has also failed in the eyes of the media to stop the Swift Boat veterans or the non-existant boos when he announced Clinton was in the hospital.

Read what Sampley writes, and if you learn something new source it somewhere else and refer to the second source. If you cannot source it elsewhere, be very cautious about using it.
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Sampley is an ally in the War to Defeat John Forbes Kerry. Ted Sampley also has issues with John McCain over the POW\MIA Hearings. One of his relatives was one of the MIA's. I seem to recall that he was convicted of punching out McCains Aide, after one of the Hearings.

I'd say Ted Sampley has led an interesting life. He paid his dues In Country. Four Bronze Stars. He's paid his dues since. He has stood up for Vietnam Veterans and POW\MIA's when the issue wasn't popular or publicized. For that, he has my respect.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift Boat vets and Ted Sampley are not affiliated with each other.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Sampley seems like one of those people who is passionate and sincere about what he stands for.
Unfortunately, he can act a little out of control at times.
His struggling with the security guards and confronting Kerry at the wall are two incidents that I remember reading about. While he is on our side, his actions cause unnecessary harm to our cause.

"Discretion is the better part of valor" is an old saying that comes to mind.

Something John McCain could use a little more of!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: