SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silver Star for what?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Silver Star for what? Reply with quote

The question is: Did Kerry commit murder and get a silver star for it?
His citation doesn't mention it, but at least one eyewitness reports that the enemy Kerry chased down and killed was already wounded. What do you think?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that the Navy, just like the Army, has an officer assigned to Awards & Decorations duty (A&D officer to us Army guys), has the officer-in-charge of preparing Kerry's submission for the Silver Star been heard from?
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, is there a medal or citation given by the US armed forces that you guys don't want to smear?

It's a shame that these awards for bravery and valor are so trivialized here.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:

Pity the same thought didn't cross Kerry's mind as he watched his ribbons (or was that medals?) sail over the Capitol fence.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way over the line carpro. Maybe that is ok at free republic, but I would hope the people on this board have more class than that.
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: He earned the right! Reply with quote

Whatever you think of what Kerry did or did not do when he came back from Vietnam, he earned the right to do them! He went, he got shot, he saved people's lives in combat, he even killed people in combat, all because his country asked him to. And his reward for all of this was a few medals and the emnity of a group of people with nothing better to do than try to smear him.

He earned the right to disagree with the war. He earned the right to have his opinion. And, btw, he fought for the right for you to have yours. Perhaps you should think about that when you go on about his medals.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
Way over the line carpro. Maybe that is ok at free republic, but I would hope the people on this board have more class than that.

There is much give and take in this entire forum about war crimes and atrocities. This is the same subject, just a different question.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shpw a great lack of class with that statement. The people I have dealt with here are much better than that.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: He earned the right! Reply with quote

ROTC DAD wrote:
He earned the right to disagree with the war. He earned the right to have his opinion.

Gosh, and all the time I thought that was an integral part of those inalienable rights granted by God to all men. All you non-vets out there,
A-BoooooOOOUT, FACE! FOR-WaaaaaAAAAAARD, MARCH!

On edit: oops...more precisely the First Amendment.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Kerry Reply with quote

I have a question? All this talk about Kerry's service in Viet Nam and his "Ribbons". To those defending Kerry, I ask this, what is his service record and ribbons going to do to lower the out of pocket expense I pay for health insurance, what will they do to help Social Security and what will they do to create more family wage jobs?

I'm sorry but I am tired of Kerry running on his 3 purple heart etc. My Uncle received 3 Purple Hearts in Viet Nam as well as many other medals/ribbons. He fought on the Mekong Delta and was in the My Tho area. His boat came under fire and several were wounded including himself but he managed to get the boat back to safety and save many. He continued his service in Viet Nam and didn't run like Kerry after 3 Purple Hearts.

I'm sorry, I'm off my soap box for now.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for health care help, Bush is the wrong person to ask. The only people eally helped by the medicare fiasco was the big Pharma companies. You are also in the wrong party if you are looking to rebuild the middle class since every action they have taken has been in favor of the corporations and against the working class. Pensions and over time rules are just a couple of those cases.

Kerry is not running on his purple hearts. He has talked about them and the media loves to make it seem as if that is all he is running on, but that is not the case. You may want to check out his website for his positions.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Man, is there a medal or citation given by the US armed forces that you guys don't want to smear?

Research LBJ's Silver Star. Tell me if it was deserved. Or am I trivializing it?
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:

I've seen most of your posts since you were reinstated. You don't have to worry about anyone outclassing you. I simply asked a question and invited people to respond. What kind of class is required to do that?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:

Research LBJ's Silver Star. Tell me if it was deserved. Or am I trivializing it?

YIKES! I had NO idea Greenhat. Quite a revelation, at least to me.

Quote:
The story behind LBJ's Silver Star
Merits of late president's wartime record still debated

By Jamie McIntyre
CNN Military Affairs Correspondent
And Jim Barnett
CNN Producer

Navy Lt. Cmdr. Lyndon Baines Johnson, the first member of Congress to enter active duty in World War II, was awarded the Silver Star in 1942 for gallantry in action on a flight over enemy territory. But historians have called Johnson's decoration one of the most undeserved Silver Stars in history, and CNN's review of the historical record raises new questions about the circumstances of its award by Gen. Douglas McArthur nearly 60 years ago.

CNN

While googling this info, I noted that this issue was addressed in "Stolen Valor". Time to place that on my must read list I guess.

Perhaps Johnson's bogus Silver Star might have some company on that historical list. At any rate, looks like researching the military awards of pols not only has some precedent, but some appropriateness.

If I might repeat my Kerry query....

Assuming that the Navy, just like the Army, has an officer assigned to Awards & Decorations duty (A&D officer to us Army guys), has the officer-in-charge of preparing Kerry's submission for the Silver Star been heard from?
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've seen most of your posts since you were reinstated. You don't have to worry about anyone outclassing you. I simply asked a question and invited people to respond. What kind of class is required to do that?

I have no idea what you mean by that. I have shown nothing but respect in my postings here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: