SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moveon: Bush to blame for "extreme" hurricane seas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Moveon: Bush to blame for "extreme" hurricane seas Reply with quote

Moveon saying that President Bush is to blame of making weather stronger.

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/september/0923_moveon_bush_hurricanes.shtml

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Last edited by God and Country on Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was only a matter of time.

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: ... blame the SwiftVets Reply with quote

Actually, they are probably being made worse buy the SwiftVets. Here's how it works.. the SwiftVets have put candidate Kerry in a lot of hot water and hot water fuels hurricanes - QED!
CrazyIvan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I can stop worrying now that I know who to blame. Rolling Eyes
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad thing is there are way too many foolish and gullible people who will believe such nonsense. But that is the Democrats' constituency, people who are easily led, people who will not think for themselves and people with a personal agenda usually involving personal power or government handouts. Sprinkle in a few ideologs and youthful idealists who have little experience in life and you have the modern Democrat Party.

The Democrat leadership, knowing this, exploits them to political advantage by promissing more handouts, outrageous but flawed utopian ideals (see Kyoto accords) and then fabricates lies about anyone who's intelligent enough to see the truth about them.

All that is necessary to get their ticket into Shangra La is to relinquish their freedom and personal responsibility into the hands of those who would take care of them. Ah, blessed communism.... So misunderstood!
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha...MoveOn said nothing has been done during the Bush Administration to try to combat the negative effects of Global Warming, but just now on Fox, they say new pollution emission controls are going to be requried, and the car companies are saying it would increase costs up to $3,000 more per vehicle.

I actually hope MoveOn actually runs a TV ad on this, it is absolutely ridiculous blaming Bush for hurricanes.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the working title for the MoveOn global warming ad was (ready?) .... Fortunate Sun
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are people so effing stupid to think 3 years of anything will change nature? What folly it is to think Bush controls the weather.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
Are people so effing stupid to think 3 years of anything will change nature? What folly it is to think Bush controls the weather.
Since when have the folks at moveon ever been driven by fact or logic?
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard for me to believe that anyone could be so stupid, so ignorant as to believe that one president, short of launching all-out nuclear war, could have a macro effect on earth's climate in such a short period of time! There are clearly natural short-term as well as long-term cycles in the earth's climate, with the multiple ice ages that the earth has endured and recovered from as a prime, albeit extreme example. While it is apparent that the prevailing winds and currents this season have been very unfavorable to Florida, (and I extend my deepest sympathies to all of our friends there, so violently affected by these storms) it is equally apparent that we are not even "half-way through the alphabet" with named storms this season. I am no expert, but that seems pretty typical to me.
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chemtrails.............

Here is where some of these wackos get this idea!

http://www.chemtrailcentral.com/
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, it gets better...

BOR had famous feminist Naomi Wolf on the other night, and I swear that gal was dumber than a post.

When they got on the topic of President Bush, Wolf proceded to blame the President for "lots of bad things, including trashing the environment. She danced around O'Reilly when he tried to pin her down on several issues, including the enviroment.

He finally asked her directly for an example of how Bush was ruining the environment - and she replied "Well, you know the icebergs are all melting."

I laughed until I almost fell off the couch! My husband came in from the kitchen to see what was so hysterical. She made a few other stupid and condescending comments, but I can't recall them all. Maybe there's a transcript out there.

So...that's it...the President of the United States is offically now responsible for all iceberg meltings.

Un-be-levable.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That site is totally reprehensible. There isn't a shred of science in what I found there. Just a pack of lies. Very Kerry-esc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Moveon: Bush to blame for "extreme" hurricane Reply with quote

God and Country wrote:
Moveon saying that President Bush is to blame of making weather stronger.

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/september/0923_moveon_bush_hurricanes.shtml

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Give me a break! Rolling Eyes How pathetic and small minded of moveon. Sad
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When they got on the topic of President Bush, Wolf proceded to blame the President for "lots of bad things, including trashing the environment. She danced around O'Reilly when he tried to pin her down on several issues, including the enviroment.

Naomi Wolf. What a headbanger. When asked what she thought about Laura Bush she made a snide remark about there being nothing to dislike about a librarian (as if that is a snarky occupation). When asked if she likes Laura Buash she replied, "What's there not to like? I lilke Xanax too."

Who the heck does Naoma Wolf think she is? So darned typical of the left heads thinking they are morally and intellectualy superior to the rest of the world. She is a first class phony.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: