SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a scaredy cat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saraleslie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Just a scaredy cat Reply with quote

Between the conventions and this Rather flap and the underlying ongoing questions about the President's supposed qualifcations to be Commander-in-Chief based on National Guard Service versus John Kerry's supposed qualifications based on being a Vietnam war hero, I have been doing a lot of thinking.

Since I'm just one of those late night, pajama-clad "******* idiots," I am giving myself the perogative to whatever conclusions my active mind can conjur up.

With that disclaimer:

Kerry is called a war hero, even by GWB, because he went back, alledgedly under fire, to rescue a comrade floundering in the river.

So why was one of Kerry's crewmates in the river in the first place?

He was knocked off the boat when Kerry took off like a bat out of hell.

Not so all the rest of the boats, according to the Swift Boat guys. They stayed to protect the 3-boat that had hit a mine.

So, my armchair psychology tells me that when that 3-boat blew, Kerry nearly wet his pants and subsequent heroism aside, his actions from then on reflect where his head was at back then and frankly, exactly where it still is today. A healthy respect for the horrors of war is a good thing in a Commander-in-Chief, but pure terror and a post traumatic stress disorder, however buried, is a prescription for absolute disaster for the United States of America.

Peace at any cost is not an option for a soverign nation. John Kerry voted against the first Gulf War even though all his criteria he states would be necessary today for him to support Iraq were in place then ... huge international coalition, liberating not invading, etc, etc. He trashed his fellow military comrades in the seventies and he continues to do it today ... only today instead of saying "the soldiers," he says "Bush." But it is all the same. George Bush is not "running" the day to day operations in Iraq, the soldiers, marines and airmen are ... so every time Kerry bad mouths the way things are going, he is doing the exact same thing he did after returning from Vietnam and while that conflict was still active.

Silver and Bronze Star for bravery ... hmmmm, well he did go back and I'll give him credit for that ... but that does not hide the fact that that crewman would not have been in the drink had Kerry not freaked in the first place.

John Kerry as a Senator can use his "fear" to balance out a situation, but a man with such a long standing and provable PTSD history should not be in the White House Situation Room at a time of crisis.

Just my opinion. Rolling Eyes
Mekong Delta, salvage and repair)
We suffered at home too.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Just a scaredy cat Reply with quote

saraleslie wrote:
...So, my armchair psychology tells me...

Pretty clear thinking for a pajama warrior. I too see it your way and couldn't have said it better. Keep your clear thoughts coming.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you wrote and your conclusions. BTW, I love the Murrieta, Temecula, and Wildomar area. Wished it had stopped growing, though.

I would take exception to Kerry having PTSD. I worked for 25 years in community mental health and have participated in VA groups for people with all kinds of Axis I disorders, including PTSD. While it is somewhat true that many symptoms of PTSD can be hidden from the outside world, not one of the veterans I've known and/or treated evidenced the absolute arrogance, complete lack of true empathy, and a very excessive sense of entitlement that Kerry shows to us every day . I am positive he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder and probably many of the characteristics of the other disorders of Cluster B Personality Disorders:

1. Anti-social;
2. Histrionic;
3. Borderline.

Finally, not one veteran I've met with true combat-related PTSD makes those experiences or any awards, medals, or commendations they received a part of their introduction, especially to strangers, as Kerry did and does almost every day.
saraleslie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
I like what you wrote and your conclusions. BTW, I love the Murrieta, Temecula, and Wildomar area. Wished it had stopped growing, though.

I would take exception to Kerry having PTSD.

Okay ... I was trying to be charitable as the only other word then is coward.

I like it here too, especially because I got in just before the boom. But, my reasons for staying in California ended with my Mother's death last month, so I'm looking to get back to lakes and real trees somewhere as yet undetermined.
Mekong Delta, salvage and repair)
We suffered at home too.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to R&R

Thanks
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Just a scaredy cat Reply with quote

saraleslie wrote:
Between the conventions and this Rather flap and the underlying ongoing questions about the President's supposed qualifcations to be Commander-in-Chief based on National Guard Service versus John Kerry's supposed qualifications based on being a Vietnam war hero, I have been doing a lot of thinking.

not only that, I heard that he was with a few othe people on 9/11 and said that they 'couldn't even think' for 40 minutes.... and they make a federal case out of Bush not doing anything for 7 minutes? I'm sure he should have jumped up and ran out of the room! For one thing, I don't think the Secret Svc guys would want him leaving where he was until they did an additional check around the area - considering we were under attack - I'm sure everything he needed to do was already in place (phone numbers already being dialed....) - what do they expect him to do? put on his superman cape and fly to the towers - no one knew what or where something would happen next !

BUT 40 MINUTES ?????
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: