SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disgraceful - Bill Kristol - Weekly Standard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Disgraceful - Bill Kristol - Weekly Standard Reply with quote

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/672upfks.asp?pg=1

Read the above link to Bill Kristol. He lays out Kerry's recent treachery very well.

note: Link changed to page 1
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa!

I almost always like Bill Kristol, but this is one exceptionally well-done column. Shocked

Not even the barking moonbats can fail to understand this kind of clarity - Traitor John, still giving aid and comfort to the enemy!

Archiving the article here, so we don't lose it:

Quote:
Disgraceful
From the October 4, 2004 issue:
The disgraceful behavior of John Kerry and his team is sufficient grounds for concern about his fitness to be president

by William Kristol
10/04/2004, Volume 010, Issue 04

WE REALLY DON'T KNOW what a President John Kerry would do about Iraq. His flip-flops about the war, his inconsistencies, the ambiguity of his current position (win or withdraw?)--all of these mean we can only guess about a Kerry presidency. He would probably be inclined to get out of Iraq as soon as possible; it might be the case, however, that as president he would nonetheless find himself staying and fighting. Who knows?

What we do know is this: Kerry and his advisers have behaved disgracefully this past week. That behavior is sufficient grounds for concern about his fitness to be president.

On Tuesday, President Bush spoke to the United Nations General Assembly. Senator Kerry decided not to say anything supportive of the president as he made the American case to the "international community." Nor did he simply campaign that day on other issues. No. Less than an hour after President Bush finished speaking in New York, Kerry was criticizing his remarks in Jacksonville, Florida: "At the United Nations today, the president failed to level with the world's leaders. Moments after Kofi Annan, the secretary general, talked about the difficulties in Iraq, the president of the United States stood before a stony-faced body and barely talked about the realities at all of Iraq. . . . He does not have the credibility to lead the world."

So Kerry credits Kofi Annan--who a few days before had condemned the "illegal" American war in Iraq--as a more accurate source of information on the subject than
the president of the United States. Kerry also seems to think it significant that the General Assembly sat "stony-faced" while the president spoke. Would the applause of delegates from China, Sudan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and, yes, France, have made the president's speech more praiseworthy in Kerry's eyes?

Then Kerry was asked about Kofi Annan's description of the war in Iraq as an "illegal" invasion. Kerry answered: "I don't know what the law, the legalities are that he's referring to. I don't know." So the U.S. government is accused of breaking international law, and Kerry chooses not to defend his country against the charge, or to label it ridiculous or offensive. He is agnostic.

Then Kerry continued: "Well, let me say this to all of you: That underscores what I am saying. If the leader of the United Nations is at odds with the legality, and we're not working at getting over that hurdle and bringing people to the table, as I said in my speech yesterday, it's imperative to be able to build international cooperation." It's our fault that the U.N. is doing almost nothing to help in Iraq. After all, according to Kerry, "Kofi Annan offered the help of the United Nations months ago. This president chose to go the other way."

Leave aside the rewriting of history going on here. The president of the United States had just appealed for help from the United Nations and its member states to ensure that elections go forward in Iraq. Kerry could have reinforced that appeal for help with his own, thereby making it a bipartisan request. He chose instead to give the U.N., France, Germany, and everyone else an excuse to do nothing over these next crucial five weeks, with voter registration scheduled to begin November 1. If other nations prefer not to help the United States, the Democratic presidential candidate has given them his blessing.

Two days later, Iraqi prime minister Ayad Allawi spoke to a joint meeting of Congress. Sen. Kerry could not be troubled to attend, as a gesture of solidarity and respect. Instead, Kerry said in Ohio that Allawi was here simply to put the "best face on the policy." So much for an impressive speech by perhaps America's single most important ally in the war on terror, the courageous and internationally recognized leader of a nation struggling to achieve democracy against terrorist opposition.

But Kerry's rudeness paled beside the comment of his senior adviser, Joe Lockhart, to the Los Angeles Times: "The last thing you want to be seen as is a puppet of the United States, and you can almost see the hand underneath the shirt today moving the lips."

Is Kerry proud that his senior adviser's derisive comment about the leader of free Iraq will now be quoted by terrorists and by enemies of the United States, in Iraq and throughout the Middle East? Is the concept of a loyalty to American interests that transcends partisan politics now beyond the imagination of the Kerry campaign?

John Kerry has decided to pursue a scorched-earth strategy in this campaign. He is prepared to insult allies, hearten enemies, and denigrate efforts to succeed in Iraq. His behavior is deeply irresponsible--and not even in his own best interest.

There is some chance, after all, that John Kerry will be president in four months. If so, what kind of situation will he have created for himself? France will
smile on him, but provide no troops. Those allies that have provided troops, from Britain and Poland and Australia and Japan and elsewhere, will likely recall how Kerry sneered at them, calling them "the coerced and the bribed." The leader of the government in Iraq, upon whom the success of John Kerry's Iraq policy will depend, will have been weakened before his enemies and ours--and will also remember the insult. Is this really how Kerry wants to go down in history: Willing to say anything to try to get elected, no matter what the damage to the people of Iraq, to American interests, and even to himself?

--William Kristol

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another instance of Kerry keeping his ears warm....by having his head up his a$$. Wrote three emails yesterday to my elected officals to express my concern. Doubt anything will come of it though.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope enough people can see through this traitor's comments and see what he is really up to. The man has no loyalty to anyone except himself. He has got to be one of the most abominable candidate I have ever seen in my lifetime.

I just liked the way Kristol laid it out all so clear.
subsailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Words of betrayal that serve the interests of the enemy Reply with quote

These words from the article above made me as angry as anything I've read. How destructive of self and others!

"Two days later, Iraqi prime minister Ayad Allawi spoke to a joint meeting of Congress. Sen. Kerry could not be troubled to attend, as a gesture of solidarity and respect. Instead, Kerry said in Ohio that Allawi was here simply to put the "best face on the policy." So much for an impressive speech by perhaps America's single most important ally in the war on terror, the courageous and internationally recognized leader of a nation struggling to achieve democracy against terrorist opposition.

But Kerry's rudeness paled beside the comment of his senior adviser, Joe Lockhart, to the Los Angeles Times: "The last thing you want to be seen as is a puppet of the United States, and you can almost see the hand underneath the shirt today moving the lips."

Is Kerry proud that his senior adviser's derisive comment about the leader of free Iraq will now be quoted by terrorists and by enemies of the United States, in Iraq and throughout the Middle East? Is the concept of a loyalty to American interests that transcends partisan politics now beyond the imagination of the Kerry campaign?

John Kerry has decided to pursue a scorched-earth strategy in this campaign. He is prepared to insult allies, hearten enemies, and denigrate efforts to succeed in Iraq. His behavior is deeply irresponsible--and not even in his own best interest."

It seems Kerry's campaign indirectly advocates the removal (assassination?) of the "American puppet."
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT ARTICLE...PLEASE E-MAIL TO OTHERS...BUMP!
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the comments by Lockhart is indefensible. Talk about giving aid to the enemy!
When does this ever stop? Kerry's been on this path since 1971.

I get so angry because the liberal media gives Kerry and his cohorts a pass on just about everything they say.

This I cannot understand. What is wrong with liberal media. Do they not see the threat we are facing? How dumb are these people?
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I think Kerry and his minions can't possibly sink any lower, they surprise me. And where is the MSM on this? Don't they see the damage this clown is doing?
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, go figure. I guess they somehow think they are immune to being beheaded if the terrorists started flowing in here instead of Iraq.
I'm beginning to think that the MSM is full of journalists with nothing between their ears. Or they are blinded by their own ideology. The combination is dangerous.
I have nightmares when I think that the MSM is the vehicle in which are elections are determined.
I think we are going to have to have a massive uprising at the MSM to get their attention.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Disgraceful... Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
...I just hope enough people can see through this traitor's comments...

Thanks for this great find. I usually read the Weekly Standard, especially Bill Kristol, but in my haste, I missed this one. Everyone here sees right through the big four-flusher but we really need to make 50 million voters recognize him for the charlatan he is.
Arty Guy wrote:
...Don't they see the damage this clown is doing?...

They didn't get it in '71 and they don't get it now. It's up to the 25 million actives and veterans -- again.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
I'm pretty new here. Whatever is best. I'm not sure what you mean.
Sorry.

don't worry about it! AND WELCOME TO OUR FORUM !

BrianC was just trying to help idiots like me who wouldn't have known there was a page 1 ! I'm sure you just took the link on p2 and posted it... after all, that would be where you ended your reading and thought it would be a good article for our forum.... and it was! yeah for Billy K!
(I would not have thought about a different link for p1 and p2!)
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it would have been better for the swiftvets to paint Kerry as having betrayed his country before he started doing it again, then media people could say, hey look the swiftvets were right and hes doing it again!

But no doubt the swifties are doing a great job.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stevie and thanks to all for their welcome.

We need to take some kind of action on this traitor but I'm not sure what to do. Anybody got some good ideas?

1971 here we go again and the MSM wonders why "Vietnam" keeps getting brought up. DUH!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
Yeah, go figure. I guess they somehow think they are immune to being beheaded if the terrorists started flowing in here instead of Iraq.
I'm beginning to think that the MSM is full of journalists with nothing between their ears. Or they are blinded by their own ideology. The combination is dangerous.
I have nightmares when I think that the MSM is the vehicle in which are elections are determined.
I think we are going to have to have a massive uprising at the MSM to get their attention.

Most older journalists are, as Michael Savage calls them:

Red doper-diaper babies of the '60's and '70's

Most younger journalists are:

Babies of red doper-diaper babies

Last edited by neverforget on Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:

yes, and I think it should start NOW! Everyone should start emailing msm's and accuse them of being biased (which they are) and working for the kerry campaign (they might as well be) and trying to throw the election (which they are trying to do) and tell them you will be contacting their affiliates and sponsers (and of course, do that). They need a flood of emails just like C BS got!

If they weren't biased and trying to help Kerry, they would have delved into the Swiftboat controversy more.... look at the attention they have given Kitty Kelly and they know her stuff isn't true... it's just against Bush!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: