SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat vets have taken another vote from sKerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skytrooper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Swift Boat vets have taken another vote from sKerry Reply with quote

skytrooper82nd
Hannitized Poster

Posted: Sunday September 26, 2004 12:32 am Post subject: Something really funny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I was sitting on my front porch drinking a cup of joe. Some of you might remember the little run in I had with a guy at a neighborhood cookout. He is a Kerry supporter, or I may say was. Well as he passed by I waved, he didnt, I watched him drive by and noticed that the Kerry/ Edwards bumper sticker was gone. Funny I thought. Well on the way to physical therapy, I asked my wife to loop the neighborhood. As we drove by his house, the Kerry/Edwards sign was missing from the front yard. I wondered if he wised up and had a change of heart.

This evening, my next door neighbors dropped by to see how I am doing. Great people, Jim helped my son cut the grass and then blew the driveway and walkways off. Jim, joined me on the front porch (my new favorite sitting spot where I can somewhat get comfortable) for a cold one. I asked what was the deal with mister liberal and no Kerry signs. They play golf together often. Jim told me that Mr. Liberal was to embarrass to drive around with the sticker on his car anymore. The guys at work was constantly hammering him about what a joke and liar Kerry is. He also said that he hates losing at anything. He said that he thinks Kerry is going to lose and big. Jim asked him if he stopped rooting for the Dallas Cowboys everytime they lost a game. If not, why would he stop supportting Kerry in the middle of the campaign? His response was, he could no longer support Kerry after he started paying close attention to what Kerry was saying. He said that oneday it was, "I am for the war", the next day, " this war was a mistake". He also said that he didnt really know what Kerry stood for other than "I served in Vietnam". Jim asked when he started questioning Kerry honesty. I said he was sitting in the office of another co-worker waiting for him to get off the phone so they could go to lunch. He was bored and picked a book and was thumbing through it. He at first thought it was a book about Kerry's service in Vietnam. It was Unfit for Command. He thought it was a bunch of lies because of what he heard on the news. At lunch he asked his coworker why he would believe anything in that book. The guy told him if he would read the first three chapters with a opened mind, he would buy lunch the rest of the week. The next day he said he read Unfit until he fell asleep. Asked to keep it until he finished.

Well, come to find out, his father was a grunt in the 101st Airborne (when it was still the real Airborne, not dopes on a rope) and served in Vietnam for two tours. He called his father and started talking about what he read and asked what he thought about Kerry. His father said that Kerry was full of crap and a liar. He remembered alittle about how Kerry dumped on his fellow vets. He never thought Kerry would run for president with a past like his and who would support a man that would dishonor the uniform and the men wearing it? I wonder if he told his father that he was a supporter of Kerry? Will have to ask Jim if he told him.

After reading Unfit and talking with his father, he decided to strape the sticker off his truck and he threw away the yard sign. I asked Jim if he told him who he was going to vote for. He said that he now would never vote for Kerry after reading Unfit, talking to his father and some visits to Veterans websites against Kerry. Said he might vote for Bush, but might not vote at all.

The Swift Boat Vets changed his mind not to support Kerry at least, even if he doesnt vote Bush its ONE LESS VOTE Kerry will get. The SBV's can also take credit for a father and son talking to each other again after 5 years because of a disagreement.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked off two Kerry voters at one of the shipyards I subcontract to. Both younger Veterans (Panama, Gulf 1). They only knew what the Democratic Convention "Dog & Pony Act" put out on John Kerry, "War Hero(tm)". They have since found that their Supervisor and Welding Forman were both Vietnam Vets, read UFC and got the "streight" from all three of us. I beleive we may have changed the minds of a few of the younger workers (non-veterans) while we were having these discussions. I don't see any Kerry stickers in the Yard parking lot............
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! Great! Gives me inspiration! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have loaned my copy of Unfit for Command to my step father. Before you ask me why he didn't just go buy it...he's a Korean War Veteran. He's truly a centrist too, and will probably vote for Kerry.

I told him to take good care of my book, because I got it early, and I believe it's a first run. I kept the dust jacket in a drawer, (I remove them whenever I loan out a hardcover book) so it doesn't get damaged.

We'll see what he thinks of it. Who knows...? I try to keep the partisan out of politics when talking to him, there's no point in trying to convince him of anything, he's been shot at by commies and lived.

If anything...I owe the man a drink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: