SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Totally discusted

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Totally discusted Reply with quote

I just read all of the posts on this forum and have a headache. I have watched as much of the press conference and testimony as I could. This is what I have learned, the swiftboaters did not serve with President Bush and on all accounts have refused to comment on him. They did in fact serve with Kerry and have every right to speak their mind as did Kerry in 1971. What troubles me is that a large number of posts are avid Bush haters, and just simply repeat the prerecorded DNC jibberish. This group is Democrat and republican alike and to me that say's something. To all of you who served I commend you, I served 8 years in the Marine Corps myself. My son is serving in the Corps as we speak. Bush has not ever campaigned or claimed that he was a war hero, people who served with him have the oppertunity to speak out. Kerry on the other hand has claimed that fact and therfore opened himself up to scrutiny. This website is about Kerry and his service or non service, not Bush or me or the Veterans who speak out. These Vets have stayed quiet for over 30 years even when they were accused of attrocities. Now this is Kerry's second time on camera telling his account of the war which is a far different account than in 1971. These Veterans deserve their first camera appearance to defend their honor and if you weren't there you are ignorant to the facts. So go my fraternal brothers and tell the truth, we work on a majority system in this country and so far the score is 189 to 1. Semper Fi Comrades.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to argue with any of that. Only a few quibbles. There has only been 1 person who came out and said he served with Bush. But he was discredited when he actuall gave dates Bush was on record as being elsewhere. Ultimately, that really is neither here nor there except for the fact that he has commented on it and is unable to prove where he was. He made a choice, like many of his contemporaries to avoid service. I have no problem with that except for his not being totally honest about it. Given the situation I don't know how I would react. That is one of the reasons I have avoided comment on quite a few posts here. You guys went into a situation that I have no frame of refrence on. Onlike other people from my side on this site, I respect and honor your service. I disagree with some of your points, but do not begrudge you them.

My other point is that this election in not being run in a vacume. I come here only to refute points and to make a few of my own. As I see it the current administration has made blunder after blunder. I honestly am not sure what can be done to fix many of the things I have discussed in other threads, I only know something must be done. And the way to start is to have a new administration.

As far as the people who show you total disrespect, I am sorry. I have seen a couple of posts that deserve that, but the vast majority of them do not. I have no doubt that I would really enjoy sitting down and having a beer with most of you. I love honest and respectfull debate and have been given that almost every time I haveput up a comment. I wish the hatefull partisanship that has taken over our country wasover.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to sit down with you only mine would have to be a margarita, which I might add is being prepared as we speak. I appreciate your respectful response, however the point of my post is to not debate Bush verses Kerry it is to debate Kerry verses Kerry. This website is about Kerry and Kerry alone and Bush slamming or comments have no buisness here at all, they don't connect or relate to the issues that the swiftboaters have brought fourth. All I ask is to expose Kerry as a liar or fraud or exhonorate him in full. If you are in Kerry's corner prove to me that he is the hero he claims to be on his merrit and don't divert the issue to Bush. Diversion is dodging the facts and I want the truth about Kerry. As for my personal opinion this is not an issue of who you want in the Whitehouse it is an issue of whether Kerry is sutible for and competent for the job in the event he would be elected. His 1971 testimony in my opinion are enough to say no. His hero status true or manufactured has nothing to do with my opinion, what is on the tapes and his activity after the war is what weighs heavy on me. You see I had two brothers over there at that time and it appauls me to no end that he engaged in the Hanoi Jane club while truely honorable men were in country fighting. And both of my brothers did there full tours in country, not four months as did Kerry. So until someone proves to me otherwise an administration change of this magnitude would amount to a total surrender of our way of life to the terrorists.
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Partisan? Reply with quote

When I see references to DNC jibberish, I, for some reason, get a sense that this is a partisan issue.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only for those who puke it. I for one want the facts about Kerry and Kerry alone, good or bad. There are many websites that are designed to attack Bush and it is the appropriate forum for the DNC delegation to do so. This is about Kerry and his record alone and any diversion from that fact is DNC Jiberish. So all you Democrats out there don't be offended I would say the same if the roll was reversed and the GOP slammed Kerry to divert from the true issues on a Bush truth website. I don't go there because Bush has nothing to prove to me. Kerry does.
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Proves my point Reply with quote

Marine4life. Your post kind of proves my point that this organization is a front for a political candidate, and the claim of wanting the truth is lacking.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Totally Disgusted Reply with quote

Marine 4 Life, you certainly have my respect,and admiration. These vets have had more than their share of the liars,and troublemakers. To have to read more attacks, on THEIR own website,is taking it too far.

My husband would love to sit down over a drink with you,and I would just enjoy listening.(Make mine strong black coffee.) Very Happy
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: People who disagree with you? Reply with quote

The purported purpose of this organization is the truth. The more I see of the people on this forum makes two things very clear. 1) the truth this group seeks is partisan in favor of one presidential candidate. 2) The truth often comes from a discussion of different views, except when people have no interest in the truth and lower themselves to the point of labeling people they disagree with as "liars" and "troublemakers." The world should be so simple for you. Another poster says that this group has created a PAC. IF so, where does the money go to, or do I even need to ask? Given the mentality that I have seen here, I would not be surprised if some would like to establish Gulags for those they disagree with.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Disgusted Reply with quote

Do you ever listen to YOUR hero?? If you'll listen real close you'll hear,and see him change his mind from one hour to the next.LOL He still hasn't told us how he'll perform all these promised miracles.That is, after he decides what "IS" is! You're too funny. Razz
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Who is my hero? Reply with quote

And who do you think my hero is? Why don't you read my initial post on this forum before you start making comments about things you know nothing about. However, your response is consistent with what I have seen so far about this group that claims to seek the truth but is highly partisan and is a front for one of the presidential candidates.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Partisan? Reply with quote

academicanarchist wrote:
When I see references to DNC jibberish, I, for some reason, get a sense that this is a partisan issue.

Do you mean this?? Kerry was interviewed tonight by one of his biggest fans. Alan Colmes on Fox. Even with poor Alan trying his best to help him say the P.C. thing..he couldn't take the help.He licked his lips,eyes narrowed,and mumbled something. I've rerun the tape 3 times and STILL don't know what he said. Guess he didn't have time to see how the polls were going,and didn't quite know what to say,even with help.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudo's Marine wife, my blood is true green. Chances are your husband and I have already sat down for a beer. If not in person in Marine spirit. And to the other fella for the partsian comments, well if that is all you have to say for Kerry then my point was well made. Diversion of the facts instead defending Kerry's honor. But I will not argue with you on that issue, if you believe that this is a website for Bush to be reelected then as a democrat you are on the wrong website. May I suggest johnkerryfor president.com. That is a place that the blinders are on in full force on this issue. This website was created for swiftboaters both democrat and republican alike. The members of this organization who I might add are democrats too have made it very clear that they do not support Bush with their efforts, it is merely to tell the whole truth about Kerry. My thread was about this exact issue so you sir are the partisian one in this conversation and are one of the reasons that I posted in the first place. You have shown that you can't defend Kerry on his character just keep the partsian nonissue alive.
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Marine Wife Reply with quote

I think you missed my point. The partisan orientation of most of the people posting on this forum is very clear: supporters of the current president. In his profile, Marine4life says that he is interested in history and the truth. From his posts, his version of the truth is highly partisan and poltically motivated. I sent an e-mail to this group a while back asking the same question that I have posted on this forum. The mission statement of the group is very clear: "We believe it is incumbent on ALL presidential candidates to be totally honest and forthcoming regarding personal background and policy information that would help the voting public make an informed decision when choosing the next president of the United States." What I have seen is that the organization and most of the posters on this forum are highly partisan, and the statement is a sham. I will add that I never received a response to my e-mail. On election day 1996, I spent time on the RNC board, and the views and attitude of the regulars on that forum are little different from many of the posts I have seen on this forum. Now, if you can show me otherwise, I will listen to what you have to say.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know exactly how you get partisan out of my posts but so be it. If I were slamming Kerry as you have done Bush then I would say I was partisan. I have not slammed Kerry at all and I made it clear that if you could prove to me otherwise I want to know. Now with that in mind get to the facts and tell me something that will change my mind about Kerry, I am done with this partisan diversion tactic that you have deployed so eliquently. I have the testimony of the Vets that served with him and a copy of the 1971 tape and that is not partisan it is facts. Show me something to refute that, I am listening but not hearing anything. You sir are partisan on this forum, so take your blinders off and engage in real debate of the issues. You don't want to because noone in Kerry's corner can deal with the truth. All I ask is for you to bring a legitamate discussion to this thread, and drop the partisan line. Show me something that refutes the allegations against Kerry and I am all ears. In Nebraska last year I voted for Ben Nelson(dem) for the senate and Stormy Dean(dem) for gov. So my record is clear that I want the best man in regardless of his party. I also voted against Chuck Hagel(rep) for senate. So show me where my partisanship starts.
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Marine4life Reply with quote

My comment was for Marine WIfe. Sorry for the confusion.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: