SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And the left Blames Bush for the rise in Fanactics and Lies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: And the left Blames Bush for the rise in Fanactics and Lies Reply with quote

Taunting heaven and risking an outcome from hell

By Chip Berlet

Monday, September 06, 2004

Millions of Christians in the United States are concerned with the future of Jerusalem's Temple Mount, Al-Haram al-Sharif. Some pray for the day that Christians, Jews and Muslims can share in peace the site considered holy by all three religions. Others plan for the day that the Muslim shrines and places of worship on Al-Haram al-Sharif are destroyed and replaced with the third Temple of Solomon that some messianic Jews want to build on the site.

Depending on how studies are done, there are between 45 and 100 million "born again" or evangelical Christians in the United States. In the 2000 presidential election, 32 percent of the votes George W. Bush received came from church-going white evangelicals; and 14 percent of all voters identified themselves as part of the Christian right movement, where support for an aggressive brand of Zionism is strong.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=5&article_id=8069

questionsquestions.net

Collection of links from June & July

globalresearch.ca has presented a strong series of articles lately on the subjects of new false terror threats, "regime rotation", and the Bush admin moves to open the door for an election coup (avoiding, thankfully, the "anybody but Bush" delusions which distort many interpretations of ongoing events)
http://www.questionsquestions.net/docs04/updates0407.html

This looks like it goes with Kerry's band of brothers related type links
GI Rights Hotline answers soldiers’ calls
People's Weekly World Newspaper, 07/24/04 00:00

The reality of war has the phones ringing. As the death toll of U.S. forces since the start of the war rose to 900 this week, and the Bush administration’s rationale for war lies shredded by the truth, military personnel have been contacting a loosely-knit network of dozens of conscientious objectors (CO) groups, known as the GI Rights Hotline, to find a way off the front lines.

“We get thousands of calls per month,” soft-spoken hotline volunteer Bill Galvin told the World. “The sharp spike began about two weeks before the invasion of Iraq and has only increased. We have had to bring on new counselors to meet the volume,” he said.

“Mostly, callers are soldiers who have been part of or witnessed something repulsive in either Afghanistan or Iraq. Most have served their tour and received orders to return. Many say that they would rather go to jail than go back to Iraq,” he said.

http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/5527/1/144/
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be a member of that religious right. I do believe in the right of Israel to exist.

I also believe that beheading someone in the name of God is pure evil.

No one in my church would ever accept such an action as anything but murder. Nor have I every heard anyone who would also be identified as "religious right" as advocating murder as a method to evangalize the Christian religion.

I guess the "worst" thing I have ever seen the religious right do is stand on the street corners and preach about repenting from sin and accepting Jesus as your saviour so that when you die you can spend eternity in heaven with God. Certainly it isn't as "sexy" as suicide bombings and beheadings --- yet many people find the born again crowd more scary than Islamic fanatical terrorists.

This is behavior that only God can understand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: