SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Idea For Operation Street Corner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: New Idea For Operation Street Corner Reply with quote

Have you heard about Operation Street Corner??

If not, download this PDF:

http://www.kerrylied.com/docs/StreetCornerConcept.pdf

Particularly in the "battleground states", we need to get people out on the streets with something like Operation Street Corner to get the word out. There are too many people out there whose votes we need, but who depend on the MSM or CNN for their news. These people simply don't know the truth about Kerry because they have never been exposed to the truth.

I have been trying to do this here in Raleigh, NC, without success. In Raleigh, you are not allowed to set up something like the Operation Street Corner poster board on the public sidewalks. You are limited to carrying a single 24" x 24" sign - and you have to have permit to do even that. I tried getting permission to set up on private property somewhere like in a shopping center or at a Walmart. No luck. I even tried renting space in a flea market mall. Not allowed.

THE SOLUTION!!

I have a small pickup truck. I am going to mount a 4' x 6' plywood sign in the back of this truck with all of my Operation Street Corner documents mounted on it. I will park the truck in a legal public parking place on a public street and get a parade permit for the adjacent sidewalk. I have checked with the police and of this is all legal. It is even legal to drive around with the sign in the truck - assuming that I can figure out how to make my sign "hurricane" proof.

I'll make some pictures of how this all looks when I get it finished and post them here. I will be going out the first time on Saturday October 2. I will go out every Saturday until election time. If I am able to make the sign "driveable", I will drive the pickup for the next month so I will get exposeure everywhere I go - and most specifically everywhere I park. I hope to be able to get some local media coverage.

I have two volunteers from this group ready to help out on Saturdays. Is there anyone else out there who can help? One man alone is a kook. Several working together are a movement.

Come on folks!! Lets get several of these operating in every state!!

Useful anti-Kerry campaign material at:
http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

This is just great! You're just great! Come on people in NC - help Bob

get the word out!!! Have flyers with info and websites ready to pass out!

Everyone from the battle ground states jump on this!!! 'beep' around your city as a moving sign!!! HAve a T Shirt made and wear it everywhere.... have a few flyers in your pocket or purse to give to anyone who asks about it !

GO ! GO ! GO! (backflip here)
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the main things that you're going to need to keep in mind if you set up one of these things - the tendency for ink-jet inks to fade almost instantly in exposure to sunlight or UV light such as office fluourescents. (Sometimes, just a matter of hours - wasted ink and paper)

Best solution - use the brand of photo paper made for your printer - either matte or glossy - more expensive than bond paper, but will last longer than bond paper, with less yellowing. The combination of your own printer's inks and paper that is made for those inks will automatically boost the longevity, somewhat.

You can buy UV spray guard and that really helps keep the fading to a minimum. Apply at least two light layers of the spray, allowing the first coat to dry before applying the second.

You can then insert each page in UV protective plastic sleeves from the office supply store. Taped to the board open end down, they will provide weather and fade protection that just might keep your display nice looking for the six weeks necessary.

Store and show your display out of sunlight as much as possible.

Hope that helps keep everyone with Operation Street Corner running with minimal frustrations and disappointments about printed longevity.

:)
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is even legal to drive around with the sign in the truck - assuming that I can figure out how to make my sign "hurricane" proof

Try a thin piece of plexi glass. Smile
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sort of what I have tried to do with my car.

Of course I'm not living in a swing state, but I still want to voice
my support of this message.

Just last night I looked at all the pics of Operation Street corner.
This morning I was thinking about the fact that the
MSM has a head lock on information getting to Joe and Jane

Averagecitizen and how it would seem that efforts like this are
the only way to revolt.

I imagined Swiftboat car caravans parading the streets of major
cities in swing states. I live in Central Kentucky, and would participate
with others in Ohio.

I agree with Bob, who wrote:

Quote:
I have two volunteers from this group ready to help out on Saturdays. Is there anyone else out there who can help? One man alone is a kook. Several working together are a movement.

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com

Last edited by SooZQ on Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, How did it go? Smile

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

how is it going for you in NC? keep us possted.... think I'll email to larry and see what flyers they have to help out.... I can manage a big board on the front line of my property but haven't known what to do about 'more
information' ; I don't want to give out any misinformation! I can make a 'pocket' on the board to put the flyers and people can stop and take one.... it's easy enough to stop on my road.... not real busy.... but does have some traffic.... including all te workman across the road building 5 new homes!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the construction went well, but I was not planning to go out and "demonstrate" until next Saturday.

I reconned potential sites on Saturday and found an area downtown on the Fayettville Street Mall where there are several museums. There was pretty heavy foot traffic there this Saturday, so that is where I will set up for my first try next weekend.

I also found that I can "demonstrate" in front of the largest Raleigh newspaper, the News and Observer", and our local NBC affiliate. I plan to go out there one or two afternoons, maybe even this week if I get my sign finished in time. The ABC and CBS affiliates are "locked" up on sites that I really can't get to. The ABC affiliate is in a high rise, with no place to park longer than 15 minutes on the street (and I doubt they would notice much even if I could sit out there all day) and the CBS affiliate is set back on a private "park" with nowhere for me to park in sight of their offices.

I got the sign construction basically completed. My sign will offer 47" x 69.5" of space on each side and it should be driveable. I wasn't able to get the plexiglas I need on Saturday, but I have found a source for 3/32" Lexan with UV protection in the plastic. I also found the UV spray that Navy-Navy-Navy suggested. With both, I should be OK. I have gotten a start on the content. I'll post pictures when I have it done.

I have a banner done (actually my wife did it - I can't let myself fall into the Kerry trap) that will go on the top of the sign that reads:

ALL OF THE STATEMENTS MADE ON THIS BOARD ARE DOCUMENTED AT
www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info

With font sizes adjusted accordingly for each line to reach across the full 69" width of the sign.

I plan to add a special page on my website that specifically addresses each point made on my sign - with links to the documentation. Something like what I did for the purple_heart_1 post I did in the R&R forum, but a lot shorter. I will make all of the content on my sign available as PDF's for others to use. I am using a banner program that has a proprietary file format. But it will save as BMP's. I am going to try to insert the BMP file into a Word document, which I can save as a PDF (whew!!), so I hope to make even my banners available to all.

Both of my "cohorts in crime" won't be able to make it next weekend. Anybody else out there want to join in??

Useful anti-Kerry campaign material at:
http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That City Ordnance in Raleigh limiting street protests is clearly unconstitutional. But then so are many or most laws today. I would personally go and read the law or ordnance very carefully. It may not even say what some cop or bureaucrat has told you.

If you want to put painful pressure on your local TV stations or other media, don't picket them. Picket ABOUT them and the Swift Vet info coverup at locations and venues like:

The Station Manager's or news anchor's church, kid's school, civic or social club, etc.

At the Symphony or Opera on opening night especially if his wife is into that stuff. She will break his b_lls for embarassing her.

Anywhere you can contact and educate people who hold EMOTIONAL LEVERAGE over your intended target person(s).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: