SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we stick together after the election??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Can we stick together after the election?? Reply with quote

Hi everybody. I was just wondering if everybody is willing to commit attention to our site even AFTER the elections. Irrespectively by how many %'s Kerry will lose with, I still think the swifites have a moral obligation to continue their message and I am the first one to hold the banners as well.

Prince Lazar
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm so burnt out at the moment that I don't even want to think about what happens after the election.

We've still got such a lonnnnng way to go - and it's going to be a fight every day. If the stakes weren't so high, I'd feel tired, just thinking about it. As it is, at the moment, I can't afford to get tired and I'm focused on defeating Poser Kerry.

After the election and a few days of rest and comedy DVD's and trashy novels, then I might be more ready to commit myself to continued efforts. Wink

One I already have my eye on is "Vietnam Veterans for Academic Reform" and another is "Stop Hillary PAC."

So, just in case there are a lot of other people who are hyper-focused and not thinking a month ahead, you might want to save your question and ask it again a few days after we've had a chance to absorb the results of the election and unwind. Wink
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Quote:
Can we stick together after the election??

I must tell you that I will always respect the office of the President of the United States.

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS

Last edited by oasis on Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Either we hang together or we will all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin

On a serious note that is an excellent idea. Either in this group or another one. That is how Moveon was able to get going right away. They never went away just lay dormant after Clinton left. We need to go into a subdued but active mode to high-light/bring out anything that the Dems might try. If we do not stay actively involved we will have to start from scratch 2 or 4 years from now.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyNavyNavy, I'm glad to read you've noticed Vietnam Veterans for Academic Reform. So have I. Lately I've been thinking that the reason the country got into this critical condition is that we failed to teach our children the history and heritage of the U.S. There isn't much purpose to a school system that not only doesn't promote the continuation of the nation, but actively works to undermine it. These days, public school textbooks (and many of the teachers) teach about America the Imperialistic, the Capitalistic, the Chief Polluter, the Colonialist, the Hegemon, the Warmongering, the Blah, blah, blah. Most colleges still don't allow R.O.T.C. on their "diverse" campuses. The kids might think it was ok.
Just as a church that fails to teach its doctrine withers away, so with a nation. We have expected our young to somehow absorb what it means to be an American, while America haters have been energetically and passionately teaching them to despise their nation and crave globalism.

I intend to see what I can do for this organization. I know we have to first finish stomping Jason into the dust so he can't get up again at Halloween. But if all goes well, I think that returning sanity to the education system is a worthy way for the Vietnam generation (and all Americans) to follow through on what the SwiftVets started during this campaign. I hope some of the talented and passionate people who come here will look at it, too.

I can close my eyes and visualize a pale, thin, commie-sympathising metrosexual college professor looking up from his Chomsky and peering up over his reading glasses to see a band of REAL MEN with big, nuclear-tipped balls marching into his ivory tower to demand accountability. I can almost hear his geeky little squeak ...ah, but I've been spoiled by all the testosterone emanating from this site. I can almost hope that masculinity is becoming fashionable again.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowy, I'm with you.

I'm a real guy and I try to be everyday.

I own guns and I hunt (I own assualt rifles because I can and they are legal).

I'm slightly over weight (small pot belly)and I have a scared up face from a few accidenst and bad acne as a teen.

I eat meat with relish and enthusiasm.

I drive an 11 year old nice pickup with dual exhaust and a homemade Swiftvets sign in the window.

If some asks me I tell them what I do not like about liberalism.

I used to smoke even though I always knew it was bad, but hey it's my life.

I work on cars myself and have the equipment to change a motor out.

However, I read and read and read and always have. I love both my small children to death! I show them both by hugging and kissing them and I don't care if it makes me look feminine. I'm 6'3 and 220 lbs and I can take the heat for that.

I go to church and I know how to act in a professional manner, I even own 7 suits and about 30 ties.

I have no college degree, but I do the job of a college grad for a large corporate company.

I'm a real man and no metrosexual is going to tell me how to look or smell. My wife is very pretty and I am the ugly one, but she likes me because I am a man and I act like a real man.

My wife like many other women like rugged men that act like men. Not boys who have 30 personal care products in the medicine cabinet.

The ugly rugged men with big ones will always come out ahead! Twisted Evil
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: The fight has just begun Reply with quote

Regardless of this election and I pray to God every day that George Bush will win. I think the Clintons will see to that. We have even a bigger problem coming in 2008 for another threat to this nation. Satan herself will be running. I pray we get some breathing room. Four years to work on the next threat. I'm optomistic about the near futher because the Clintons do not want Kerry to win. If he does win, I wouldn't sell him life insurance. The Clintons will have to find a way to get rid of him for 2008. Just an observation.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: hang Reply with quote

N,N,Navy,
Hang in there girl, make em wish they never met ya!
Take a short break, bbq, watch that movie,(I watched Outlaw Josie Whales last night). I really like the Indian dude!
This party just got started, but it would be like watching news 24/7, you can see to much.
Enjoy a break, see ya mon. or tues.
Aint nothing gona happen this weekend but ( gentelmen, on your marks,get ready----SPIN)
Wink
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun, I knew there was something I liked about you. If I see your pickup I'll pull you over and we'll have a steak dinner and a few brewskies and talk some serious history and theology. With some politics on the side. Maybe you'll lend me that engine swapping equipment. I have a few hulks over here that need rearranging.
Here's to men!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: