SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vandalism - I heard about this on Rush.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Vandalism - I heard about this on Rush. Reply with quote

http://www.madison.com/archives/read.php?ref=wsj:2004:10:02:388428:LOCAL/WISCONSIN

Vandals Swapping Political Signs For Swastikas

Wisconsin State Journal :: LOCAL/WISCONSIN :: B1

Saturday, October 2, 2004
Nathan Leaf Wisconsin State Journal

Beth Schaeffer wasn't sure what had happened the night of Sept. 25 when she found her Bush/Cheney lawn sign missing and a patch of grass dying.

(this is just a snippet)

This stuff makes me ill. The Republican party where I'm at was letting people adopt these big signs that say "This is Bush Country" on them. Of course several have been vandalized. The only one that I found remotely amusing was one across the highway from the library. The word "Bush" was crossed out with black spraypaint, and the word "IDOIT" (no, that's not a typo) was written in it's place. My question was.. who's the real IDIOT.

The newspaper the picture was in isn't available online, but I'll see if I can get a copy scanned in.

e,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, here in my area (Dallas) it's the Kerry/Edwards folks who are complaining about their signs disappearing, and even a few defacements. So it's not unique to one party's jerks.
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up here in Bellevue, Washington, we recently had the Republicans campaign office broken into and computers we're stolen, and of course the local law enforcement says it wasn't politically motivated, Huh??? The purps only stole certain computers, sounds like a RINO, or Democrat did this.....
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I know that there are vandal psycho's on both sides, but being in a pretty liberal area, 99% of the time it's a Bush sign that gets messed up. There was one Kerry sign that "went missing", and another that had some nasty things stuck to it, and I'm not talking about paint. (yick!)

I must admit, there's nothing I'd rather do than slap a big "traitor" sticker on every Kerry sign I see. But I won't. I won't be 'that' person (the psycho vandal). I'd rather make my opinions known on my own property. My lawn. My car. Etc.

I don't think anyone's going to mess with my yard signs. Not with the Rottweilers outside anyway. Laughing

e,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: