SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Rasmussen numbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: New Rasmussen numbers Reply with quote

Rasmussen has just updated his website with new presidential tracking numbers. According to his poll, the race stands at 49-46 in favor of Bush. Only about a third of the sample was taken after the debate. His site stated that only about 6% changed their minds. Three percent decided to go with Kerry, two percent moved to Bush, and one percent became undecided.

His sample last night came from 1000 people and showed little movement. In fact, his sample was a third larger than Gallup's flash poll taken right after the debate. Bush supporters should take heart in the numbers, but it will be interesting to see how Monday's results look. It will be the first reflecting results completely after the debate.

As I said, I thought Bush did well, but the media has just jumped all over him. They are in the process of creating a view of an inept president. Bush has got to go on the offensive and stay there. Sitting on a lead will result in a loss. He did that Thursday and it hurt him. The debates don't normally change many minds, but he's got to do better and have his spinners do better.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New Rasmussen numbers Reply with quote

Whacker77 wrote:

As I said, I thought Bush did well, but the media has just jumped all over him. They are in the process of creating a view of an inept president. Bush has got to go on the offensive and stay there. Sitting on a lead will result in a loss. He did that Thursday and it hurt him. The debates don't normally change many minds, but he's got to do better and have his spinners do better.

His spinners are being out worked by the MSM right now. I agree that they must be more effective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: