SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet another Kerry Lie!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debewley
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Yet another Kerry Lie! Reply with quote

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/

Kerry was in Iraq for the siging of the treaty ending the Gulf War!

Frequent CQ contributor Bandit watched the O'Reilly Factor last night on Fox News, which replayed a 2001 interview with Senator John Kerry. Bandit reports that during that interview three years ago, Kerry stated that he went to Iraq on March 3rd during the signing of the cease-fire agreement that ended the first Gulf War:

"I mean, I was in Safwan. I went there when the signing of the armistice took place at the end of the war."

That would have been a pretty remarkable trip, if Bandit reports this correctly; at the moment, Fox News does not have a transcript available. Both Bandit and I recall that Iraq was still considered a war zone, an unlikely (but not necessarily impossible) place to find a US Senator, especially one who would have had no official capacity during the ceremony, and even more especially, one who had voted against the authorization to use force in the first place."
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man of many fables. Thanks, I sent it to e-mail list.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I mean, I was in Safwan. I went there when the signing of the armistice took place at the end of the war."

"I was in Cambodia, it is engaved in my mind"
Man this guy is Pathalogical.
He did go to Iraq after the Cease Fire had been signed 12 days before his Recorded Visit! He was NOT when the Signing of the Cease Fire took place! He has no clue what the truth is, he clearly creates his own Reality. He is seriously a dangerous personality to have as President of the United States!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was probably there negociating with Saddam....

can anyone find the exact date of the signing and where Kerry was on that date???
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie, it is at the link in the first posting. He was at a fundraiser in Boston. and would have had to make a direct flight (on the Concorde) to make it to Safwan for the signing.
Incidently I watched that live on TV and not one single Politician was there. Remember it was all Shwarzkopf on that deal.
There is no way Kerry was there.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
Stevie, it is at the link in the first posting. He was at a fundraiser in Boston. and would have had to make a direct flight (on the Concorde) to make it to Safwan for the signing.
Incidently I watched that live on TV and not one single Politician was there. Remember it was all Shwarzkopf on that deal.

Is there anything in the Constitution about the mental health of a presidential candidate?

-- FDL
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I am just basing my opinion on his apparent lack of regard for reality and willingness to place himself in situations he was not involved with.
He did it with Cambodia, has done it with some of the actions he took credit for in Vietnam, and he has done it with this example.
Also his consistent flip flopping and inability to take a strong stand one way or another shows some level of instability in my opinion.
I think it goes well beyond trying to pander to everyone. I just do not think he is capable of making a stand on much of anything.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy smokehouse! Again!????

LOL - this is great! Thanks, Bill O'Reilly, and to Bandit and Captain's Quarters & Associates.

This just keeps getting better and better. Anyone want to volunteer to start cataloguing Kerry "bedtime stories" for us? Wink
debewley
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone recall whether Kerry was there when Neil Armstrong took that "One small step for man; One giant leap for mankind!"? I just assumed he'd probably planned a "Welcoming Tea" for the crew of the Eagle.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw the interview on BOR too and wondered if he was telling the truth when he said he was there at the signing, but then, we wonder if anything he says is really true, what a great guy to have for CIC and
the second Democratic President in a row that every knows is a liar.

By the way, that interview from BOR had alot of material for an ad
against Kerry and his views on Saddamm. Wonder if BOR would let
someone use it?
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

debewley wrote:
Does anyone recall whether Kerry was there when Neil Armstrong took that "One small step for man; One giant leap for mankind!"? I just assumed he'd probably planned a "Welcoming Tea" for the crew of the Eagle.

You know I'll have to look at the old NASA archives but I'm sure he was there ...... if I remember correctly he was the smaller of the two rocks near the landing pad!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he was there on his wind surfer catching a solar wave Rolling Eyes

In fact Dan Rather can attest to that fact...he got the info from Moonvez...you see the link...moon landing + Moonvez + kerry = very plausible!
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter Mitty strikes again. What would that perv be doing at the signing anyways? He got the Disney World message backwards, he is the one that lives there.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way Kerry worded that did not necessarily mean he was there in the room when it was signed. What he did is what he always does.....mixes a little truth with an embelishment.

Fact is, he WAS on the Iraq/Kuwait border March 17, 1991 with a senate delegation including John McCain.
Stevie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:

oops, sorry to make you go to the trouble to post for me.... I read past the link and by the time I got to the end of the post, I totally forgot about the link at the top.
Thanks!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: