SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VICIOUS Attack By Kerry About Swift Vets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: VICIOUS Attack By Kerry About Swift Vets Reply with quote

Most of Sen. Kerry's soundbites from the Diane Sawyer Good Morning America interview on ABC were about "Was the war worth it" - "Well, it depends on the outcome". BUT, on the second day of the interview, Kerry was asked about the SwiftVets and it has been commented on very little on this forum or elsewhere. It is a pretty vicious attack if you ask me. I would like for him to come forward and state WHAT the "lies" are, if he's so certain they are "all lies". THis reallly infuriated me when I saw it.

Quote:
Sen. John Kerry took "the pledge" this morning at least with respect to people who earn less than $200,000 per year.

Asked by ABC's Diane Sawyer if he would promise "no new taxes" on anybody making less than $200,000 per year, Kerry said, "Yes, I do. Yes, I do."

"In fact," he added, "I am promising a tax cut for the middle class. That's my choice."
"George Bush is scaring America," Kerry said when asked to explain why President Bush is faring better among women than Republicans did against Al Gore or Bill Clinton.

Asked if a terrorist attack would be less likely if he were president than if Bush were president, Kerry said, "No president can say you can stop any terrorist attack," before adding, "I will make America safer than George Bush has" and that President Bush has been "all hat and no cattle."

Asked if he would rule out a first strike against North Korea if diplomacy doesn't work, Kerry said, "I wouldn't rule out anything& I would consider whatever is necessary to protect the United States of America."

Kerry said he does not regret letting three weeks go by without responding to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

"No, I - look - that's not what this race is about and I think people know it," he said.

Kerry then ripped into the group of anti-Kerry veterans, saying, "Those are ridiculous lies. They are damnable lies. They've been proven to be lies."
Kerry's response to reports that Bush listens to recordings of Kerry attacking him to psyche himself out while working out was to quip, "we're going to blast the Ride of the Valkyries."
Shown a picture of his dad and asked what would he like to tell him, Kerry said, "That I'm following the spirit of telling the truth and fighting. Being true to who I am."

He really was off the wall in this interview if you ask me!!! Kerry PROMISED NO NEW TAXES on anyone making less than $200,000...what do you wanna bet that number drops if heaven forbid he were elected. And the SwiftBoat attack, simply pathetic.

I had to cache the link in order to find it, so it is long, and I still havent figured out how to hyperlink it correctly (moderator please help!)

The Note

note: URL converted to hypertext
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: VICIOUS Attack By Kerry About Swift Vets Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
Most of Sen. Kerry's soundbites from the Diane Sawyer Good Morning America interview on ABC were about "Was the war worth it" - "Well, it depends on the outcome". BUT, on the second day of the interview, Kerry was asked about the SwiftVets and it has been commented on very little on this forum or elsewhere. It is a pretty vicious attack if you ask me. I would like for him to come forward and state WHAT the "lies" are, if he's so certain they are "all lies". THis reallly infuriated me when I saw it.

Quote:
Sen. John Kerry took "the pledge" this morning at least with respect to people who earn less than $200,000 per year.

Asked by ABC's Diane Sawyer if he would promise "no new taxes" on anybody making less than $200,000 per year, Kerry said, "Yes, I do. Yes, I do."

"In fact," he added, "I am promising a tax cut for the middle class. That's my choice."
"George Bush is scaring America," Kerry said when asked to explain why President Bush is faring better among women than Republicans did against Al Gore or Bill Clinton.

Asked if a terrorist attack would be less likely if he were president than if Bush were president, Kerry said, "No president can say you can stop any terrorist attack," before adding, "I will make America safer than George Bush has" and that President Bush has been "all hat and no cattle."

Asked if he would rule out a first strike against North Korea if diplomacy doesn't work, Kerry said, "I wouldn't rule out anything& I would consider whatever is necessary to protect the United States of America."

Kerry said he does not regret letting three weeks go by without responding to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

"No, I - look - that's not what this race is about and I think people know it," he said.

Kerry then ripped into the group of anti-Kerry veterans, saying, "Those are ridiculous lies. They are damnable lies. They've been proven to be lies."
Kerry's response to reports that Bush listens to recordings of Kerry attacking him to psyche himself out while working out was to quip, "we're going to blast the Ride of the Valkyries."
Shown a picture of his dad and asked what would he like to tell him, Kerry said, "That I'm following the spirit of telling the truth and fighting. Being true to who I am."

He really was off the wall in this interview if you ask me!!! Kerry PROMISED NO NEW TAXES on anyone making less than $200,000...what do you wanna bet that number drops if heaven forbid he were elected. And the SwiftBoat attack, simply pathetic.

I had to cache the link in order to find it, so it is long, and I still havent figured out how to hyperlink it correctly (moderator please help!)
The Note
[/quote]

I think we have to demand that the SBVT be given an opportunity to refute his accusations.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: VICIOUS Attack By Kerry About Swift Vets Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:

This is JFnK's "style", to prevaricate and confuse with a straight face. If his slurs on the Swiftees make you infuriated, can you imagine what the President must feel like? He's been the target of this disinformation campaign since the git-go; how does Laura Bush feel, hearing this garbage day in and day out? Channel the fury - Send letters to ABC; send e-mails to ABC; write your newspapers. Work hard and pray! Only four weeks to go.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a direct link to the article ord33

ABC Morning show ANALYSIS
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is sad and what many people do not understand is the number of small business owners fueling our economy who would be in the over 200k bracket, but actually bring home less money then their employees. Kerry would have everyone in America believe that anyone who owns a company and employs people has too much money, yet nothing could be further from the truth. It is hard to create wealth and few can do it. Check out Kerry & Bush. Kerry married into money whereas Bush cashed in family ties to make his. Even though Bush has never made a buck I do trust him more then a Lenin communist. Kerry would have his ivory towers and all the 'little people' to view at his pleasure while he sips french wine, whereas I believe Bush actually cares about the American dream. The left holds Bush in contempt for failing at the American Dream as far as owning a business and failing and my point is he tried. Kerry never tried and is at best that kid from the childrens books from a well to do family that does everything wrong and is constantly reminded by the kid from the other side of the tracks as to what is right.

Make no mistake. Bush does care about the small business owner and creating jobs, whereas Kerry cares about his Lenin communist aggenda. As the FBI files show us in Kerrys own words from the 70's. Kerry is the New Left and God help us if he achieves his goal.

Last edited by GenrXr on Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
no_1_momlandj
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: VICIOUS Attack By Kerry About Swift Vets Reply with quote

Ever notice how he has that little stammer/stutter thing happen when he actually grts hit with a REAL question about what he has said or done? If you watch, he does it every time
Stevie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Diane Sawyer needs the quote from 'the proweler' about the kerry campaign people saying the press 'wouldn't dare' run the swiftboat story...

and as far as W 'doing' something with his life etc.... so, he got money from his family (lots of people do that) - at least he tried something with it... and then he did make money on the ball team.... W's family worked for that money.... W didn't marry it.... and from what I've read, the Bush parents always told their kids they had to go into the world and MAKE the money to support their families PRIOR to going into politics.... not one of those politicians who went into politics to STEAL it from the people.... (not that I agree with some of the stuff w did - I don't agree with taxing a community to get money for a ball park- but the taxpayers even voted for that here in AZ - I didn't tho) but it did have to go to a vote and the people voted for it.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Kerry said that about the SwiftVets.
Sometimes when I think about the things that have been made public about him, that he betrayed his comrades, his country and our allies; that his lying accusations caused untold extended suffering for thousands of POW's, and 35 years of wrongful offense to millions of vets, and death to millions of Vietnamese; that his country has long been torn and bloodied by the rift he helped create; that as a military man he was a liar, user and cheat; that he hastened to close POW investigations that may have brought some home; that he now would say literally any scurrilous thing, offend any ally and suck up to every enemy to take the presidency from a decent and courageous president; that he can't believe in anything enough to stand firm for it (except to blame America), well, it sometimes seems a wonder he can get up in the morning. If all that was on my conscience, it would kill me. Sometimes I forget he's not like me and I start to feel sorry for him(a little). Sometimes I think he must be in deep denial because the pain of facing what he has done would be just too overwhelming. Sometimes I think he knows, but it's just unbearable, so he struggles to keep up the front.
Then I read something like these recent comments about the fine men he left behind as he rushed home to call them barbarians, and I mentally slap myself silly for being a sap. This is not someone to be pitied. He knows no shame. I don't know how people can be like this, but I do know they exist and should be relentlessly, mercilessly exposed. There's not enough we can do to convince everyone he fools that he is dangerous and must not be trusted with any responsibility. But we have to do everything possible.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Kerry might not be too flattering to us, but it does show that he considers us effective.
Keep up the good work guys.
If we can keep him angry it will not allow him to think properly and he's bound to screw up.
Never relent. Keep up the pressure. Less than 1 month left.

PS - I'd be more upset if Kerry ignored us. At least this way I know it's working.
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
Then I read something like these recent comments about the fine men he left behind as he rushed home to call them barbarians, and I mentally slap myself silly for being a sap. This is not someone to be pitied. He knows no shame. I don't know how people can be like this, but I do know they exist and should be relentlessly, mercilessly exposed. There's not enough we can do to convince everyone he fools that he is dangerous and must not be trusted with any responsibility. But we have to do everything possible.

Payback can be a real bear
http://www.stentorian.com/politics/genghis.html Genghis John Kerry
http://www.stentorian.com/politics/warcrime.html Kerry as America's Kurt Waldheim
http://www.stentorian.com/politics/kerrylied.html (DRAFT leaflet, waiting for some feedback prior to official release) Kerry lied, good men died. A skeleton is writing names on a computer-generated facsimile of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall with a pen labeled "John Kerry's lies."
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Email Good Morning America Reply with quote

Here is the link to request a rebuttal to Kerry's assertioon

"Those are ridiculous lies. They are damnable lies. They've been proven to be lies."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/GoodMorningAmerica/GMA_email_form.html

Here is what I wrote:

In the name of equal time and media fairness please give the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth a chance to respond to Kerry's blanket smear allegations. What was the damable lie, the ridiculous lie, and the proven lies? Ask Kerry to clarify himself. He has not publically responded to the allegations of his old comrades in arms other than making a blanket smear. Please do not pull a Dan Rather be fair in your journalistic practices. Give the Swifboat Vets a chance to respond.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brothofvietvet,

That was a good idea e-mailing them (thanks for the address). Here is what i sent.

After viewing the interview between Diane Sawyer and Senator John Kerry, I must say it was a well done interview and enjoyed the segment. Senatory Kerry, however said ""Those are ridiculous lies. They are damnable lies. They've been proven to be lies" in response to a question about the SwiftVets. In all fairness, the SwiftVets should be granted an interview to present their side of the story. John O'Neill would make an excellent guest. Senator Kerry claims they are all lies. I would like to know specifically what are lies, since he has recanted on several of his stories (Cambodia, fleeing the scene March 13th, & accidental self inflicted wounds while not under fire to "earn" a purple heart). To my knowledge there has not been a SINGLE network (CBS, NBC, ABC) grant an interview to anyone of the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth. It is a disgrace to hear the veterans called "liars" when Senator Kerry is the one changing HIS story. I believe an interview of these brave veterans is in order, would do justice to these great men who served, and would be important for the American public. Thank you, and please consider my request.

Sincerely,
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put everyone in the same room and get it settles.....Have a Kerry Swifty debate...
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GenrXr"]What is sad and what many people do not understand is the number of small business owners fueling our economy who would be in the over 200k bracket, but actually bring home less money then their employees. Kerry would have everyone in America believe that anyone who owns a company and employs people has too much money, yet nothing could be further from the truth.

It is hard to create wealth and few can do it. Check out Kerry & Bush.

Kerry married into money whereas Bush cashed in family ties to make his. Even though Bush has never made a buck I do trust him more then a Lenin communist. Kerry would have his ivory towers and all the 'little people' to view at his pleasure while he sips french wine, whereas I believe Bush actually cares about the American dream. The left holds Bush in contempt for failing at the American Dream as far as owning a business and failing and my point is he tried. quote]

If you pick up a copy of A Matter of Character: Inside the White House of George W. Bush, by Ronald Kessler you may get quite a different view of Bush.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1595230009/qid=1097075101/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_2_1/104-0882266-8981560

Kessler does a nice job of outlining Bush's success in the oil business, and most especially with the Texas Rangers. His Harvard MBA came in pretty handy as he helped take the team's valuations from $75 million at the time of purchase, to $250 million when the investors group he was a part of sold the team in '98, 9 years later.

From all accounts he was a hand's on leader and manager that made the team a great success.

He doesn't deny his family name and connections have helped him - but he had some pretty big shoes to fill. How do you stand on your own two feet as a man, while still acknowledging where you've come from? You succeed on your own terms, in a capacity that's different from your parent's successes.

The book is also full of revealing anecdotes about former presidents and their families. Clinton, Carter, Nixon and Johnson come off as poorly as the Bushes (Sr and Jr) and Reagans come off as pretty good folks.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some appropriate quotes for the likes of Kerry on this issue:

(Yeah, I only needed the first few, but with lying being such an artform for Kerry, one just keeps finding apropos quotes!! LOL)

No one is such a liar as the indignant man.
~ Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil (1885-86).

The only thing worse than a liar is a liar that's also a hypocrite!
~ Thomas Lanier ("Tennessee") Williams

A liar begins with making falsehood appear like truth, and ends with making truth itself appear like falsehood.
~ William Shenstone

In a false quarrel there is no true valour.
~ William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

When lying, be emphatic and indignant, thus behaving like your children.
~ William Feather

No one ever lies. People often do what they have to do to make to make their story sound right.
~ William Ginsberg

Be thorough in all you do; and remember that although ignorance often may be innocent, pretension is always despicable.
~ William Ewart Gladstone

Any departure from fact is the first step on a slippery slope toward unbelievability.
~ William A. Henry, III

It's better to be an authentic loser than a false success, and to die alive than to live dead.
~ William Markiewicz, Extracts of Existence (1990).

Hypocrisy is the most difficult and nerve-racking vice that any man can pursue; it needs an unceasing vigilance and a rare detachment of spirit. It cannot, like adultery or gluttony, be practised at spare moments; it is a whole-time job.
~ W. Somerset Maugham, Cakes and Ale (1930).

The visionary lies to himself, the liar only to others.
~ Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, Human, All Too Human. First Sequel: Mixed Opinions and Maxims (March 1879).

An evil soul, producing holy witness,
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!
~ William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice. Act I, scene iii

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.
~ William Shakespeare, Macbeth. Act I, scene vii

Falsehood is worse in kings than beggars.
~ William Shakespeare, Cymbeline

Teach me, dear creature, how to think and speak;
Lay open to my earthy-gross conceit,
Smother'd in errors, feeble, shallow, weak,
The folded meaning of your words' deceit.
~ William Shakespeare, The Comedy of Errors

And if pretension for a time deceive,
And prove me one too ready to believe,
Far less my shame, than if by stubborn act,
I brand as lie, some great colossal Fact.
~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox, New Thought Pastels (1906). Credulity

They seem to have a license to lie.
~ George F. Will
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: