SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWIFT BOAT SPOOF ON SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE NOW
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helpmycountry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: SWIFT BOAT SPOOF ON SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE NOW Reply with quote

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE DOING THERE OWN SWIFT BOAT AD AND DESPITE BEN AFFLECK HOSTING YOU GUYS CAME OUT ON TOP!![/i]

note: Topic edited
DUNBAR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please respond to this thread if you viewed the skit on SNL.

They used (deleted by Admin) as the website at the bottom of the ads, made up phony speakers implying that Kerry flip-flopped.

It started NOT in favor of the Swifties,,,,,,,then slowly leaned in favor of the Swifties.

The crowd was extremely quiet throughout the skit.......not knowing which way to go on it.

The skit before it was lame,,,,,,,,,so that might of lowered the expectation of its outcome.

BUT, they did say what all of the swift boat ads states..............."Swift Boat Veterans for Truth Endorses this Ad."

BUT, the bottom line is..............it put you all in tune with the NATIONAL MEDIA FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And even though Ben Affleck and that ALec Baldwin being on there ( Both Extreme Leftists ) it provided some good fodder for you guys.

But the efforts to hold him accountable, are notorious and will be a page in History.
BelleC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they meant it to be, but this was great satire! I loved it. What a good job you Swifties have done to make the world take notice of the Emperor who has no clothes! Thank You! Very Happy
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BelleC wrote:
I don't know if they meant it to be, but this was great satire! I loved it. What a good job you Swifties have done to make the world take notice of the Emperor who has no clothes! Thank You! Very Happy

Yep, I saw part of it too, and I liked what I saw of it. Free publicity. If it made it onto SNL, you know you've become so big you can't be ignored. Good job Swiftees! Smile
no_1_momlandj
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used (deleted by Admin) as the website at the bottom of the ads, made up phony speakers implying that Kerry flip-flopped.

Only problem is (Deleted by Admin) is a REAL website and it's NOT very friendly. Shocked Sad
BelleC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing I noticed is that flip flops were pasted on Senator Kerry in one shot! Again, it was great! Too bad about the unfriendly site they posted, but the message certainly rang true! Belle
DUNBAR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG............why didn't someone think to buy up all the domain names around this site?

I just viewed (Deleted by Admin) and I can't believe it.

I also viewed a George Bush site that looks identical to his that some people have way too much time on thier hands. Evil or Very Mad

But the efforts to hold him accountable, are notorious and will be a page in History.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNL , u know u have arrived when u are made fun of by SNL. They don't waste their time on just everyone.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUNBAR wrote:
OMG............why didn't someone think to buy up all the domain names around this site?

Probably two reasons - because they were focused on the genuine message that they wanted to get out and because they'd never had to think like the swarming azzhats who create trash sites.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if they'll be showing a re-run of tonight's SNL? I'd really like to see it!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just showed it out west here. I can't really say I liked it.

While there may have been some humor in it, it is a direct slam against the Swift vets, saying things like they once built model boats like the one Kerry served on and Supported by Swift Boat veterans and some rich Texas dude as well as Adobe Photoshop, when you want the truth real bad.

Hopefully, it may generate additional interest in SBVT and get some to look into what they have done and why.
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think it was at all flattering to the SwiftVets. Especially when they did things like show Letson's name and 'watched Platoon' as his credentials. Another SwiftVet credential was 'built toy swift boats like the one John Kerry commanded',

And what was with the sponsored by Adobe Photoshop crack insinuating the SwiftBoat accusations are nothing more than photorgeries.

It was mildly funny, not hilarious. The most noticeable reaction was the dead silence of the crowd throughout the 'ad' and after.

Last edited by Stop Hanoi John on Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAD TV made fun of Kerry last week,
"did I mention I was in Vietnam, I wish everyone would stop talking about Vietnam, when I was in Vietnam.......
They had Bush say we were fighting in Iraqistan against the Al-kadians.
this week - what if Kerry was President on 9/11
Instead of Bush's seven minutes they had Kerry sit there for
14 years unable to respond except for a couple of memos........Funny..
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Ad...the site they linked to at the bottom of the Ad is a junk site, it standard search site that is auto created when someone takes out a domain name.

I thought the reason why they did not have the right web site was so that their own viewers would not go and look.

The SNL skit was to mimimize the comments made by the real Ads. It was clearly an attempt to work against SBVFT.

You have to understand that Al Franken still has some writing chores with SNL.

Besides the Ad, was was most remarkable was how poorly written the fake news cast was....it got no laughs at all. Embarassing.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the SNL broadcast but I believe that a long time relationship has just ended !
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: