SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The "draft scare" e-mails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: The "draft scare" e-mails Reply with quote

I've received several e-mails from friends about "Bush's secret draft plans". They're spreading across the internet like wildfire and we HAVE to fight it!!! All my friends, even the conservative ones, are taking this issue very seriously.

Here's my reply to the last "draft scare" e-mail I received. If any of these e-mails are sent to you, feel free to use my response as a rebuttal.
~~~~~~~~~

Hey (insert friend's name),

You're too smart to fall for this kind of propaganda. Let's do a little fact checking, shall we?

Bill Summary & Status for the 108th Congress
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H.R.163
Title: To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] - 1/7/2003 -- Democrat

Related Bills: S.89
Latest Major Action: 2/3/2003 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Executive Comment Requested from DOD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COSPONSORS(14), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
Rep Abercrombie, Neil [HI-1] - 1/7/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Brown, Corrine [FL-3] - 1/28/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Christensen, Donna M. [VI] - 5/19/2004 -- Democrat
Rep Clay Wm. Lacy [MO-1] - 1/28/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Conyers, John, Jr. [MI-14] - 1/7/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Cummings, Elijah E. [MD-7] - 1/28/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Hastings, Alcee L. [FL-23] - 1/28/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Jackson, Jesse L., Jr. [IL-2] - 7/21/2004 -- Democrat
Rep Jackson-Lee, Sheila [TX-18] - 1/28/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Lewis, John [GA-5] - 1/7/2003 -- Democrat
Rep McDermott, Jim [WA-7] - 1/7/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Moran, James P. [VA-8] - 1/28/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Stark, Fortney Pete [CA-13] - 1/7/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Velazquez, Nydia M. [NY-12] - 1/28/2003 -- Democrat
Rep Norton, Eleanor Holmes [DC] - 1/28/2003(withdrawn - 6/21/2004) -- Democrat

Hmmm... looks like you should vote Republican if you want to avoid a draft!

*In the debates last night, Bush stated that the military will be all-voluntary.
*Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld - "I can't imagine our country going back to a draft. We don't need it." (5/17/2004)
*Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld - "It's absolutely false that anyone in the administration is considering reinstating the draft." (9/30/2004)

It looks like FactCheck.org has already debunked the e-mail you sent me. They called it, "another lying e-mail".
http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=200

It's sad that liberals are trying to take advantage of young voters and scare them into voting for Kerry. Maybe Michael Moore should make a movie about Bush's "secret draft plan". Anyway, you'll have to do better than this if you want me to vote for Kerry Wink
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to http://www.sss.gov/ and read what the Selective Service says. It about nails it. They are not planning anything. Any more questions, send your unbelievers there. God Bless our troops, citizen soldiers all.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: URGENT Reply with quote

I recommended in another post that this be bumped up and high-lighted. We need to stop this fast. What the Kerry/Clinton folks are trying to do is hit us with everything at once. This way we will be busy refuting everything and one or more rumors will get through or they will overwhelm our defenses i.e., Well maybe this is false but what about everything else that Bush is trynig to do?. We also need to get the MSM to listen via letters (Hey, is the Kerry campaign trying to scare kids because the only draft bills have been introduced were by Democrats and co-sponsored by Democrats) and flyers handed out at colleges and their newspapers.

Please do not forget that one of Clintons good buddies was/is an advertising executive who knows how to use ads to lie, mislead, create diversions, and confuse.

This is what some intelligence agencies try to do. Create enough confusion so the opponents get tired putting out every rumor that is spreading like wildfire!!![/b]
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H.R. 163 is DOA in the house and will never see the light of day.
I would think that this is Reps Rangel's contribition to the election of emperor-to-be John Kerry. Rangel has been stumping this issue for over a year now and has not gained any public support for it even in his home state. Rangel, a local New York mucky-muck just loves to get his name in the national news. When interviewed some time ago on ABC radio, good ole Charlie couldn't give a single good reason to reimpliment the draft.
Imagine how a Korean War Vet such as Charlie Rangel could come up with such a proposal as the draft and scare Mothers of draft age sons. Another poor example of the liberals desperation to regain power.

Anyone falling for this shill, as Jesse Ventura might say, are on the side of the feeble minded. Wink
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send copies of Rangel's proposal to as many people as you can to counter this erumor. Most people are just not aware that the Dems introduced the bill. Counter those emails with yours.

Also Dan Rather gave these emails some credibility last week. He featured a piece on the alleged draft. Fortunately, his ratings are in the toilet, but he still has several million watching him.

Medics, we're there when you need us. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: