SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry STILL insists he released ALL mil. records
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: John Kerry STILL insists he released ALL mil. records Reply with quote

Why is that important?

Because he hasn't. Not by a long shot.

My fellow Americans, if this election is close, would it be hard for you to believe that that Democrats will move heaven and earth if necessary to put Kerry in the White House?

Would it be difficult for you to imagine a political party fighting in court to have military absentee ballots tossed out and ballots from illegal immigrants and criminals included?

Would it strain your credibility if I were to suggest a campaign is underway right now to intimidate and disrupt the functions of Bush-Cheney headquarters in more than a few states?

SwiftVeterans, you have done a MASTERFUL JOB of demonstrating to the American public the damage John Kerry did to our war effort in Vietnam through your ads.

Kerry had a terrible August because of those ads.

But now it's time to face the facts.

All your ads are about stuff that happened 30 years ago. Either people have decided Kerry's 30 year old lies matter or they don't.

Every subsequent commercial you produce about 30 year old events is either preaching to the choir of the already convinced or playing into the hands of the MSM, which is simply going to say from now on "Haven't we covered this old stuff already? Let's move on, people."

Any undecided voters who were unconvinced and were able to be convinced by an expose of Hanio John's 1970's 4 month highlight tour of Vietnam and his subsequent traitorous acts in the anti-war movement...have been convinced.

You are plowing an old road.

Millions of Americans see Vietnam for a distance, though a glass darkly. It matters not to them. They couldn't care less what Kerry did or didn't do on a Swift Boat 30 years ago.

So Kerry might have embellished some things about medals and combat events. So what? He didn't lie to them. He misrepresented things to other people 30 years ago. It doesn't affect the voters out there today.

I can tell you how to change this perception in one simple sentence:

America, John Kerry's lies aren't limited to lies he told 30 years ago to other people. He's lied to YOU, THIS YEAR, about his military records. And more than once.

Senator Kerry refuses to sign Standard Form 180 and make his military records available to the public. Over 90 records are still held by the Navy and cannot be released until Senator Kerry gives his authorization.

Yet Kerry and his spokespersons have INSISTED several times in the past year that all of Kerry's records have been released.

Either the Navy is lying, or Kerry and his people are lying. Which is it?

Kerrys' lying about his military records is not a 30 year old event. It is not a lie he wrote down on a form about stuff that happened before most of today's America was even born. It is a lie he told the voters NOW, THIS YEAR, AT THIS TIME, IN PERSON.

And the Swiftvets could catch him red-handed on this, if they are so inclined.

Remember: if this election is close, the Democrats will pull every dirty trick they can think of to John Forbes Kerry in the White House so he can bring an abrupt end to the 'mess' in Iraq and focus on the 'real war on terror' - sending the FBI after Al-Queda.

This is why, like any good soldier, you survey the enemies terrain, discern his weakest point, and attack it.

Question: Where is Kerry weakest right now? What lie has he publicly repeated to the media and to voters in the last year? If exposed on this, what possible defense could he mount?

Kerry is weakest right now on his military records. He refuses to release them and the MSM gives him a huge pass on it as they pursue President Bush like a pack of ravenous hounds baying for blood, hot on the trail for even a WHIFF of a Bush military document.

I want to see Kerry spending the last 3 weeks of his campaign defending himself over lying about having released all his military records, when in fact he didn't.

Swiftvets, are you working on this ad yet? An inquring mind would like to know.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone remember if Kerry has told the truth on anything? If I am hearing right, according to Kerry/Edwards everybody else has lied about everything concerning Kerry. Wow, how does he stand up under so much persecution?
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry can say and do what he wants. He has lied so often, and when anyone tries to ask questions, it then becomes a Bush bashing session. IMO I think the MSM needs to be attacked at like Dan Rather. They have a responsibility to report the news factually, not report their agenda. The AP is a free DNC outlet. I can't believe these people are so blinded by hate for Pres Bush that they would risk this nation's survival so they can oust Bush and put a Dem in the White House.

What I want to know is why the story about the Boston Airport hasn't been discussed more often. Kerry's apathetic approach aught to be a clear indication of how he'll handle the intel findings.

And, if Kerry can turn his back on 12,500 POW/MIAs then what will keep him from turning his back on our Iraq and Afghanistan Soldiers. The only people Kerry worries about are John Kerry, the French, French Soldiers, oh, and John Kerry.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What I want to know is why the story about the Boston Airport hasn't been discussed more often. Kerry's apathetic approach aught to be a clear indication of how he'll handle the intel findings.

I have a secret weapon. Very Happy Both my wife and daughter are Flight Attendants for a major airline. I sent them that link to the Boston Airport story. Those FA's share email stories that relate to them like the college kids do about draft stories. These emails cross company lines, too.

There's more than one way to skin a cat....
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Quote:

I have a secret weapon. Very Happy Both my wife and daughter are Flight Attendants for a major airline. I sent them that link to the Boston Airport story. Those FA's share email stories that relate to them like the college kids do about draft stories. These emails cross company lines, too.

There's more than one way to skin a cat....

well yeah! I hope it works... that letter really tells you how important our security really is to Kerry..... (had a copy of it somewhere, but don't remember where...) - I made my signs (spray painted on wood) today and tomorrow my neighbor boy is going to help me put them out by the road.... one says ' Kerry = LIAR' and the other says ' Kerry is a traitor'

If everyone does their 'little' part.... we'll get there... plus our emailing to media.... keep trying.... found out phx area paper is republican.... gonna send them a few emails.... and keep praying....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In every interview I've heard with one of the Swifts, it's been made clear that Kerry has NOT signed the 180, authorizing the release of his military records for independent review.

It's being made clear on the airwaves almost every day.

It's being made clear by so many of you who continue to pound on this issue with the media.

It will get out - even if the Swifts' ads don't touch it, it will get out.

Maybe they'll do another print ad/flyer similar to this one that includes it:
http://swift3.he.net/~swift3/answers.pdf
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind everyone of the following:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/jobs/promo/chi-0404210296apr21,0,3959756.story

Quote:
CAMPAIGN 2004
Kerry campaign struggles to make military records public

By Jill Zuckman and Jeff Zeleny, Washington Bureau. Jill Zuckman reported from Washington and Jeff Zeleny reported from Tampa
Published April 21, 2004

WASHINGTON -- Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign promised Tuesday to release his Vietnam-era service records, but struggled to make the documents public.

Spokesman Michael Meehan said campaign officials were scanning the documents page by page and hoped to begin posting them on the Kerry Web site late Tuesday. He said all the material should be available by the end of Wednesday.

Republican officials, who have made Kerry's forthrightness an issue in the campaign, slammed the senator from Massachusetts for telling "Meet the Press" host Tim Russert on Sunday that his military records were available at his campaign headquarters when they were not.

"If he did not intend to release all his officer evaluations, records of attendance including reserve duty attendance, medical records and all other military records held by him or the government, he should not have pledged to do so," said Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie. "He and his campaign should stop the word games and keep the pledge he made on national television."

Campaigning in Florida, Kerry, who served two tours of duty in Vietnam during his service in the Navy from 1966 to 1970, steered clear of the flap, instead criticizing the Bush administration's handling of the environment, using Tampa Bay as a backdrop.

During his interview with Russert, Kerry insisted that his records were available, saying: "I want people to come and see them at the headquarters and take a look at them."

But when a Boston Globe reporter tried to do just that on Monday, he was turned away. By Tuesday, campaign officials reversed course.

Spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said the campaign simply was not prepared to put the records on its Web site so soon.

The campaign requested a copy of Kerry's complete Navy record and received more than 100 pages last week, she said. Other medical records were being examined, she said, and would be released as soon as they were reconciled with Kerry's own records.

Cutter said the campaign is pleased to release the records because they show the "courage and valor" of a 27-year-old fighting in the war.

Throughout his campaign, Kerry has relied on many of the veterans he served with in Vietnam to validate his bravery and humanity, as well as to confirm his knowledge of military matters.

During the Iowa caucuses, fellow veteran Jim Rassmann dramatically told of the day a wounded Kerry turned back his swift boat, fished Rassmann out of the water, and saved his life. The two had not seen each other since 1969. The incident, which occurred under heavy fire, earned Kerry the Bronze Star with a combat V for valor.

By contrast, President Bush has struggled since his 2000 campaign to explain his service in the Air National Guard during the Vietnam era. Bush released his military records in February to try to resolve questions about whether he was absent without leave during 1972, as some Democrats have charged.

Nevertheless, the Bush campaign sought to portray Kerry's slow release of his military records as highly suspicious and part of a pattern of prevarication.

Ken Mehlman, the Bush campaign manager, accused Kerry of backtracking. He said the campaign's position Tuesday to release the records in "due diligence" is contrary to Kerry's comments that the records would be made public immediately.

"Sen. Kerry's record of non-disclosure and his flip-flop on this issue should concern voters," Mehlman said.

Kerry, who was awarded three Purple Hearts and a Silver Star as well as the Bronze Star, has recently been criticized by one veteran for not suffering a wound serious enough to earn his first Purple Heart.

Because Kerry had earned three Purple Hearts, he requested and eventually was granted a transfer out of Vietnam six months before his tour of duty was scheduled to end.

Kerry rejected the accusation by a former commanding officer, Lt. Cmdr. Grant Hibbard, in The Boston Globe that the award was not deserved.

"I think that's a very unfair characterization by that person," he said on Sunday. "I mean, politics is politics. The medical records show that I had shrapnel removed from my arm. We were in combat."

He added: "If you ask anybody who was with me, the two guys who were with me, it was probably the most frightening night that they had ... that they were in Vietnam."

Kerry's Silver Star citation praised him for his "utter disregard" for his safety as he charged the enemy, beaching his boat 10 feet from Viet Cong forces.

"The extraordinary daring and personal courage of Lt. Kerry in attacking a numerically superior force in the face of intense fire were responsible for the highly successful mission," the citation said.

Copyright © 2004, Chicago Tribune

and,

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-lips27.html

Quote:
Plot thickens after checking records

August 27, 2004

BY THOMAS LIPSCOMB
Advertisement

In the midst of the controversy between the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and Kerry campaign representatives about Kerry's service in Vietnam, new questions have arisen.

The Kerry campaign has repeatedly stated that the official naval records prove the truth of Kerry's assertions about his service.

But the official records on Kerry's Web site only add to the confusion. The DD214 form, an official Defense Department document summarizing Kerry's military career posted on johnkerry.com, includes a "Silver Star with combat V."

But according to a U.S. Navy spokesman, "Kerry's record is incorrect. The Navy has never issued a 'combat V' to anyone for a Silver Star."

Naval regulations do not allow for the use of a "combat V" for the Silver Star, the third-highest decoration the Navy awards. None of the other services has ever granted a Silver Star "combat V," either.

Fake claims not uncommon

B.G. Burkett, a Vietnam veteran himself, received the highest award the Army gives to a civilian, the Distinguished Civilian Service Award, for his book Stolen Valor. Burkett pored through thousands of military service records, uncovering phony claims of awards and fake claims of military service. "I've run across several claims for Silver Stars with combat V's, but they were all in fake records," he said.

Burkett recently filed a complaint that led last month to the sentencing of Navy Capt. Roger D. Edwards to 115 days in the brig for falsification of his records.

Kerry's Web site also lists two different citations for the Silver Star. One was issued by the commander in chief of the Pacific Command (CINCPAC), Adm. John Hyland. The other, issued by Secretary of the Navy John Lehman during the Reagan administration, contained some revisions and additional language. "By his brave actions, bold initiative, and unwavering devotion to duty, Lieutenant (j.g.) Kerry reflected great credit upon himself... ."

One award, three citations

But a third citation exists that appears to be the earliest. And it is not on the Kerry campaign Web site. It was issued by Vice Adm. Elmo Zumwalt, commander of U.S. naval forces in Vietnam. This citation lacks the language in the Hyland citation or that added by the Lehman version, but includes another 170 words in a detailed description of Kerry's attack on a Viet Cong ambush, his killing of an enemy soldier carrying a loaded rocket launcher, as well as military equipment captured and a body count of dead enemy.

Maj. Anthony Milavic, a retired Marine Vietnam veteran, calls the issuance of three citations for the same medal "bizarre." Milavic hosts Milinet, an Internet forum popular with the military community that is intended "to provide a forum in military/political affairs."

Normally in the case of a lost citation, Milavec points out, the awardee simply asked for a copy to be sent to him from his service personnel records office where it remains on file. "I have never heard of multi-citations from three different people for the same medal award," he said. Nor has Burkett: "It is even stranger to have three different descriptions of the awardee's conduct in the citations for the same award."

So far, there are also two varying citations for Kerry's Bronze Star, one by Zumwalt and the other by Lehman as secretary of the Navy, both posted on johnkerry.com.

Kerry's Web site also carries a DD215 form revising his DD214, issued March 12, 2001, which adds four bronze campaign stars to his Vietnam service medal. The campaign stars are issued for participation in any of the 17 Department of Defense named campaigns that extended from 1962 to the cease-fire in 1973.

However, according to the Navy spokesman, Kerry should only have two campaign stars: one for "Counteroffensive, Phase VI," and one for "Tet69, Counteroffensive."

94 pages of records unreleased?

Reporting by the Washington Post's Michael Dobbs points out that although the Kerry campaign insists that it has released Kerry's full military records, the Post was only able to get six pages of records under its Freedom of Information Act request out of the "at least a hundred pages" a Naval Personnel Office spokesman called the "full file."

What could that more than 100 pages contain? Questions have been raised about President Bush's drill attendance in the reserves, but Bush received his honorable discharge on schedule. Kerry, who should have been discharged from the Navy about the same time -- July 1, 1972 -- wasn't given the discharge he has on his campaign Web site until July 13, 1978. What delayed the discharge for six years? This raises serious questions about Kerry's performance while in the reserves that are far more potentially damaging than those raised against Bush.

Experts point out that even the official military records get screwed up. Milavic is trying to get mistakes in his own DD214 file corrected. In his opinion, "these entries are not prima facie evidence of lying or unethical behavior on the part of Kerry or anyone else with screwed-up DD214s."

Burkett, who has spent years working with the FBI, Department of Justice and all of the military services uncovering fraudulent files in the official records, is less charitable: "The multiple citations and variations in the official record are reason for suspicion in itself, even disregarding the current swift boat veterans' controversy."

Thomas Lipscomb is chairman of the Center for the Digital Future in New York.

and the crown jewel:

Admin - converted long link to hypertext

Quote:
The opaque John Kerry

By Nat Hentoff

With one stroke, candidate John Kerry could do a lot to lift the fog of the media war over his four-month tour of duty in Vietnam if he were finally to authorize the release of all his service records in the current resurrection of that deadly conflict.
Deep in a long front-page article in The Washington Post by Michael Dobbs, "Swift Boat Accounts Incomplete," there is a smoking gun. In the Aug. 22 piece, Mr. Dobbs largely gives credit to Mr. Kerry's version of one of the controversies — whether there was enemy fire on March 13, 1969, the day Mr. Kerry rescued James Rassmann from the water. But the smoking gun appears later:
"Although Kerry campaign officials insist they have published Kerry's full military records on their Web site (with the exception of medical records shown briefly to reporters earlier this year), they have not permitted independent access to his original Navy records."
On tumultuous cable talk shows, Kerry defenders repeatedly maintained that all of Mr. Kerry's Vietnam records are on his Web site. But, writes Mr. Dobbs:
"A Freedom of Information Act request by The Post for Kerry's records produced six pages of information. A spokesman for the Navy Personnel Command, Mike McClellan, said he was not authorized to release the full file, which consists of at least 100 pages."
What is in these 100-plus pages? Since the centerpiece of Mr. Kerry's presidential campaign is not his 20-year Senate career, but what he did in Vietnam, including his medals, aren't voters entitled to look at the entire record? If not, why?
In the same article, Mr. Dobbs points out that while both sides in this volatile debate have a lot of information on their respective Web sites, both "the Kerry and anti-Kerry camps continue to deny or ignore requests for other relevant documents,including Kerry's personal reminiscences (shared only with biographer Brinkley)" and the boat log.
On the anti-Kerry side, says Mr. Dobbs, the diary of Jack Chenoweth on the events of March 13, 1969, has also not been released. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth should disclose it.
However, why can't we also see what Mr. Kerry shared with Douglas Brinkley during the preparation of Mr. Brinkley's "Tour of Duty" about Mr. Kerry's Vietnam service? According to the story in The Washington Post, "Brinkley, who is director of the Eisenhower Center for American Studies at the University of New Orleans, did not reply to messages left with his office, publisher and cell phone" requesting the information.
The Post story continues: "The Kerry campaign has refused to make available Kerry's journals and other writings to The Washington Post, saying the senator remains bound by an exclusivity agreement with Brinkley." (In a subsequent Post story, Mr. Brinkley said those papers are in Mr. Kerry's "full control." Why not release them?)
I have written biographies, and have never experienced an exclusivity agreement such as the one Mr. Kerry's campaign staff claims. When I wrote about John Cardinal O'Connor, the late cardinal was very candid during our interviews, including his renunciation of a book he had written, "A Chaplain Looks at Vietnam," about his experiences there, in which he thoroughly endorsed our involvement in that war.
In the biography, Mr. O'Connor said, "That's a bad book, you know. It was a very limited view of what was going on. I regret having published it." He and I did not have an exclusivity agreement, even though the cardinal knew that his self-criticism was going to be in my book.
The Washington Post carefully researched "the climactic day (March 13, 1969) in Kerry's military career" finding errors in both Mr. Brinkley's "Tour of Duty" and John O'Neill's "Unfit for Command," the book that ignited the firestorm over Mr. Kerry's Vietnam record.
What I find strange is that Mr. Dobbs writes that "Kerry himself was the only surviving skipper on the river then who declined a request for an interview."
Why did more than 250 Vietnam veterans testifying in Mr. O'Neill's "Unfit for Command" make themselves vulnerable to a libel suit by Mr. Kerry, which, if they lost, could do great damage to their careers and incomes? After all, in such a suit, both sides would have to testify under oath. Are they all liars for Mr. Bush?
Would Mr. Kerry then really release all of his original Vietnam records to be scrutinized in the lawsuit's depositions? In a challenge to Mr. Kerry, Mr. O'Neill says, "Sue me!"
A post-Vietnam fog of war does indeed hover over the Kerry candidacy. And why has most of the mainstream media not followed up on this smoking gun about Mr. Kerry's failure to release all of his Vietnam documents?

and finally, just for fun:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A27211-2004Aug23.html

Quote:
Kerry's Cambodia Whopper

By Joshua Muravchik
Tuesday, August 24, 2004; Page A17

Most of the debate between the former shipmates who swear by John Kerry and the group of other Swift boat veterans who are attacking his military record focuses on matters that few of us have the experience or the moral standing to judge. But one issue, having nothing to do with medals, wounds or bravery under fire, goes to the heart of Kerry's qualifications for the presidency and is therefore something that each of us must consider. That is Kerry's apparently fabricated claim that he fought in Cambodia.

It is an assertion he made first, insofar as the written record reveals, in 1979 in a letter to the Boston Herald. Since then he has repeated it on at least eight occasions during Senate debate or in news interviews, most recently to The Post this year (an interview posted on Kerry's Web site). The most dramatic iteration came on the floor of the Senate in 1986, when he made it the centerpiece of a carefully prepared 20-minute oration against aid to the Nicaraguan contras.

Kerry argued that contra aid could put the United States on the path to deeper involvement despite denials by the Reagan administration of any such intent. Kerry began by reading out similar denials regarding Vietnam from presidents Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon. Then he offered this devastating riposte:

"I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared -- seared -- in me."

However seared he was, Kerry's spokesmen now say his memory was faulty. When the Swift boat veterans who oppose Kerry presented statements from his commanders and members of his unit denying that his boat entered Cambodia, none of Kerry's shipmates came forward, as they had on other issues, to corroborate his account. Two weeks ago Kerry's spokesmen began to backtrack. First, one campaign aide explained that Kerry had patrolled the Mekong Delta somewhere "between" Cambodia and Vietnam. But there is no between; there is a border. Then another spokesman told reporters that Kerry had been "near Cambodia." But the point of Kerry's 1986 speech was that he personally had taken part in a secret and illegal war in a neutral country. That was only true if he was "in Cambodia," as he had often said he was. If he was merely "near," then his deliberate misstatement falsified the entire speech.

Next, the campaign leaked a new version through the medium of historian Douglas Brinkley, author of "Tour of Duty," a laudatory book on Kerry's military service. Last week Brinkley told the London Telegraph that while Kerry had been 50 miles from the border on Christmas, he "went into Cambodian waters three or four times in January and February 1969 on clandestine missions." Oddly, though, while Brinkley devotes nearly 100 pages of his book to Kerry's activities that January and February, pinpointing the locations of various battles and often placing Kerry near Cambodia, he nowhere mentions Kerry's crossing into Cambodia, an inconceivable omission if it were true.

Now a new official statement from the campaign undercuts Brinkley. It offers a minimal (thus harder to impeach) claim: that Kerry "on one occasion crossed into Cambodia," on an unspecified date. But at least two of the shipmates who are supporting Kerry's campaign (and one who is not) deny their boat ever crossed the border, and their testimony on this score is corroborated by Kerry's own journal, kept while on duty. One passage reproduced in Brinkley's book says: "The banks of the [Rach Giang Thanh River] whistled by as we churned out mile after mile at full speed. On my left were occasional open fields that allowed us a clear view into Cambodia. At some points, the border was only fifty yards away and it then would meander out to several hundred or even as much as a thousand yards away, always making one wonder what lay on the other side." His curiosity was never satisfied, because this entry was from Kerry's final mission.

After his discharge, Kerry became the leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW). Once, he presented to Congress the accounts by his VVAW comrades of having "personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires . . . to human genitals . . . razed villages in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan . . . poisoned foodstocks." Later it was shown that many of the stories on which Kerry based this testimony were false, some told by impostors who had stolen the identities of real GIs, but Kerry himself was not implicated in the fraud. And his own over-the-top generalization that such "crimes [were] committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command" could be charged up to youthfulness and the fevers of the times.

But Kerry has repeated his Cambodia tale throughout his adult life. He has claimed that the epiphany he had that Christmas of 1968 was about truthfulness. "One of the things that most struck me about Vietnam was how people were lied to," he explained in a subsequent interview. If -- as seems almost surely the case -- Kerry himself has lied about what he did in Vietnam, and has done so not merely to spice his biography but to influence national policy, then he is surely not the kind of man we want as our president.

The writer is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.

© 2004 The Washington Post Company

How much longer can the story stay suppressed? I believe the President shoud bring it up the nanosecond Kerry calls him a "liar" or whatever attack his has, under the guise of "being straight with the American People" and "the truth" as Kerry likes to frequently say.

Kerry is hiding his military record, his Senate Intelligence Committee attendance record, and his wife's tax records. He can't pin any of this on Bush, because the President has already released all of his documents on all the above topics.
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another current lie is Kerr's claim that he did not attend a meeting in Kansas City where murdering Senators was voted on. FBI records exposed that one.

Two other lies are current even though they are about Vietnam events. One is the claim that Alston was on "Kerry's boat" with "Kerry's crew" when Alston was wounded. This was exposed by LT (jg) Peck which forced the removal of this claim from Kerry's website. The other, of course, is the "Cambodia on Christmas " claim exposed by Steve Gardner. The MSM has buried this one but I think it has the most to say about Kerry's character because he was putting his own integrity on the line calling on the US Senate to believe him over the President of the US.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry and crowd are having difficulties scanning his records for posting, I'll help. I have a scanner.

I also have an internet connection (grin).
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know...time is running out on all of this. Fish or cut bait! This either needs to be a big deal, with a big push...or what?!?!

I agree completely with manofaiki (originator of this thread) - this is a devistating issue, but it's getting NO TRACTION!!!

If we're going to write the media outlets, email our friends and family, push for any last bit of traction we can get - let's make it THIS issue.

Unless there are some pretty big October Surprises out there...and it's looking less likely to me that it will make a difference - this could be the ONE issue that is understandable by the average human.

People's eyes glaze over when you try to tell them about this guy (Kerry) - he's done so may unbelievable things...he's lied about everything...it's like he's teflon. Nobody could be that bad, or that mistaken, or that craven. It's so bad, it must all be wrong....

The question is - "Senator, have you signed Form 180 authorizing full release of all your military records?"

Kerry's answer (like he gave on Imus' show) "You know, there are all the military records I have posted on my web site. People can come and see them for themselves."

THEN the follow up question needs to be "Yes, we've seen those records, but the US Navy is holding another 90 pages of records you've not authorized for release. Will you sign the Form 180 to release them?"

And DON'T LET UP until Kerry has agrees to sign or not.

Let's concentrate fire in this one area. What else can we do???
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a letter I mailed to my local paper on this subject:

(Corpus Christi Caller Times, circulation 100,000+)

Is it just me or does anybody else sense a media double-standard in regard to the two Presidential candidates?

Consider this:

One candidate is running on his record for the past 4 years as President. Yet his 30 year old National Guard service became the focal point of the media's attention for almost 3 whole months. In response, the candidate signed Standard Form 180 and released all of his military records. Just recently when the military discovered more documents, including a letter from the candidates' father to his commanding officer, they were immediately released to the press.

Yet this openess cannot seem to satisfy the media. We were just treated to a huge scandal in which CBS was found to be using forged documents. Why forged documents? Because no real documents could be found to support the story CBS wanted to tell.

On the other hand, the other candidate for President has publicly insisted several times, as has his spokespersons, that he has released all of his military records as well. Only the Navy came out and officially said several weeks ago that it has over 90 documents in this candidate's military record that it cannot release because this candidate has not given them permission to do so. You see, he has NOT signed Standard Form 180.

And yet....and yet for some reason the media will not touch THIS story with a ten foot pole.

So: one candidate's 30 year old military history gets searched over with a fine tooth comb and the media are so determined to find negative evidence that they actually use forgeries, while the other candidate has been caught in a bold-faced lie about having released all his records, and the media gives him a pass.

Once again, I have to ask: is it just me or does anybody else see a double-standard at work here?

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good letter, manofaiki. My mother lived in Corpus Christi for quite a few years, and I'd wager that if you can get that published, you won't get much of a response. Please consider sending that same letter to as many other newspapers as you can.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashter wrote:
Kerry can say and do what he wants. He has lied so often, and when anyone tries to ask questions, it then becomes a Bush bashing session. IMO I think the MSM needs to be attacked at like Dan Rather. They have a responsibility to report the news factually, not report their agenda. The AP is a free DNC outlet. I can't believe these people are so blinded by hate for Pres Bush that they would risk this nation's survival so they can oust Bush and put a Dem in the White House.

And, if Kerry can turn his back on 12,500 POW/MIAs then what will keep him from turning his back on our Iraq and Afghanistan Soldiers. The only people Kerry worries about are John Kerry, the French, French Soldiers, oh, and John Kerry.

Been outa country for almost 7 years.... What's the scoop on the Boston Ap? (sorry, don't mean to sound more stupid than I already am Razz)
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another current lie is Kerr's claim that he did not attend a meeting in Kansas City where murdering Senators was voted on. FBI records exposed that one.

Didn't he retract that statement?
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Corpus Christi

Ran into my first and last jellyfish there at age 5... still remember it to this day.

Hmmm..... Kerryfish... many tentacles (sp?)...
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: