SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USE HOWARD DEAN'S INSIGHT TO WASH OUT KERRY & DNC 527s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: USE HOWARD DEAN'S INSIGHT TO WASH OUT KERRY & DNC 527s Reply with quote

Tim Russert had former Democratic presidential contender Howard Dean on earlier tonight. One important item Howard Dean discussed was how he became so successful until Kerry's organization moved into Iowa to unseat him.

Dean said that he had decentralized groups around the country working on his behalf who did not need to contact him for approval or direction. He had no direct line authority but these groups were very effective in promoting his presidency. For example in California he said they were able to prepare their own flyers and hand them out at venues such as farmers markets which I assume draw a large audience.

While I had prepared and distributed flyers to support the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth by asking the public to donate $ and recommended reading Unfit for Command it is time for a bolder grass roots effort similar to Howard Dean's to support the presidency of George Bush. Of course the RNC is interested in having volunteers but this individual empowerment and decentralized approach can activate everyone having a home or office computer to prepare a flyer/brochure, print them, and personally hand them out, prepare letters to the editor, become involved in registering veterans at VA and state veteran hospitals to vote. So let's show that we can easily counter the DNC and their 527s by having the many who visit this forum use their power to inform family, friends, public that George Bush deserves and needs another 4 years. Alternative is a Kerry presidency!!!

JK
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, let's all get to work and defeat the traitor.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

I saw that interview also.... I loved Dean's line about Bush being such great actor! That must be what Bush was doing when he went AWOL from AL... taking acting lessons! Think he'll do a reversal of Reagan... and become an actor after being president? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Boy, how they lie! God'll get them for that! Dean lied again and again... all the while smiling from ear to ear! He lied saying Bush lied! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the radical left are relativists and aren't constrained by sticking to the facts. Local efforts are a lot easier to manage if they can print whatever they feel like saying and, no one takes responsibility to be sure the facts are correct.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this approach might work for Democrats, I'm not sure it would work for Republicans. During the past month or so, there have been situations where local GOPs or even local individual Bush supporters have done something on their own which the Bush campaign then has to denounce. The example which comes to mind was the scare tactic that the Democrats will take Bibles away. The media will be QUICK to jump on anything like this and tie it to the Bush campaign and NOT accept the fact that it did not come out of the Bush campaign. It might have worked for Dean because the Democrats get a pass when it comes to the media.

While it sounds like a good idea, the wrong thing on a flier could easily hurt the President.

I'll throw an alternative idea which could be safer. Years ago, I use to print articles from the internet, the ones which don't get printed in the mainstream paper. These were the articles which tell the truth that the main stream media ignores. When I would go to doctor's offices or other places which had magazines to laying around to read, I would mix those articles into the stack in hopes that someone who doesn't go to the effort to seek out the truth might see one of those, read it and become aware of a fact they had never heard watching the nightly news with Dan Rather.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind, this is not a Republican effort. It is an individual effort.

I made up flyers, simply saying
I support / Veterans Against John Kerry
and give the website of wintersoldiers, and this one.

Then I made a smaller version/ fit 4 to a page
neat l little handouts when Im talking with ppl.

Had a contractor at the house, broached the subject of Kerry,
he said 'my father hates him' so I gave him some flyers to hand out.

One-vote-at-a-time

Wink
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to offend anyone, mostly I meant to add caution. While most here show intelligence it would just take one flier making a mistake and the media would be all over it. If I remember correctly, wasn't one of the reasons the media and the DNC was saying the Swift Boats Vets was connected to the Bush campaign because one individual put fliers to a Swift Boat Vets rally in a Bush campaign office?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion would be to make your flyer either 100% anti-Kerry listing all the terrible things John Kerry has done and why he is unfit for command. Or make a separate flyer that is pro-Bush -- but not together and do not pass them out together.

I suggest that you make an anti-Kerry flyer only --- just be truthful about how much he voted to raise taxes, how much he voted against the military, ---

People will read between the lines. You might even get some Kerry supporter to accept the flyer and read part of it. Even a small crack will help.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
Keep in mind, this is not a Republican effort. It is an individual effort.

I made up flyers, simply saying
I support / Veterans Against John Kerry
and give the website of wintersoldiers, and this one.

Then I made a smaller version/ fit 4 to a page
neat l little handouts when Im talking with ppl.

Had a contractor at the house, broached the subject of Kerry,
he said 'my father hates him' so I gave him some flyers to hand out.

One-vote-at-a-time

Wink

I was thinking I needed to make some sort of flyer with all Kerry's sins bullet listed so I can leave them with people who need a little educating. It isnt always easy to get the important stuff all into one conversation without sounding like an evangalist on crack.

My brother is thinking of voting for Kerry. I was hanging in his truck window trying to tell him all the reasons why he shouldn't and eventually he just started driving away and said GET AWAY FROM THE TRUCK YOU CRAZY WOMAN. Sad

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
I didn't mean to offend anyone, mostly I meant to add caution. While most here show intelligence it would just take one flier making a mistake and the media would be all over it. If I remember correctly, wasn't one of the reasons the media and the DNC was saying the Swift Boats Vets was connected to the Bush campaign because one individual put fliers to a Swift Boat Vets rally in a Bush campaign office?

If I recall correctly, that was a setup by some DNC stooge to make it look like the SBVT and the Bush campaign were in cahoots. There was no rally, it had no official letterhead, and the story quickly died because it was so outwardly deceptive.

Even Dan Rather didn't bite on that one!!! LOLOL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: