SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Email to Ollie North..."Danger Close"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stupson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Email to Ollie North..."Danger Close" Reply with quote

I posted this also on the non-vet Discussion Board.

Just sent this to LTC North at FOX. Hope it's OK with you Swiftees!

For non-vets, "Danger Close" meant "enemy in the wire."

Colonel North,

The real Swift Boat Veterans deserve your help.

They are being totally screwed by not only the usual limp-wristers at CNN, etc, but now even the FOX guys who normally can be relied on (O’Reilly, Beltway Boys) are porking this puppy big time. I’m personally not a Swiftee, but am familiar with their cause and evidence they provide. This is NOT a “shine-on” political organization.

After being dumped on for 35 years now I beg you not to let these good men get hosed again. All they want and deserve is an even shot at presenting their side. They are not getting it, even with FOX. A major disappointment.

You know the military, know Vietnam, and, if I’m any judge, have the intellect to separate truth from fiction. You may be the only person able to do this.

Please, hear these guys out and help make their case if you believe it true. Otherwise, you know who is in the wire.

Stu Upson
LTC (Ret) U.S. Army
Vietnam ’70-71 Yes, a whole year
Hans Burkhardt
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone else caught this. Around mid-day (West Coast) a comentator on Fox News referred to the SwiftVets as a "Republican Group". I don't mind being called a Republican, but I don't think that everyone here feels the same way. Almost feels like we're being set up; by Fox?? Confused
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hans Burkhardt wrote:
I wonder if anyone else caught this. Around mid-day (West Coast) a comentator on Fox News referred to the SwiftVets as a "Republican Group". I don't mind being called a Republican, but I don't think that everyone here feels the same way. Almost feels like we're being set up; by Fox?? Confused

FAIR AND BALANCED!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, everyone points to Fox as if it's some kind of RNC house organ - but I contend that it's only slightly right of center on some of its opinion shows.

It only seems to be far right wing because the rest of the networks are sooooooo transparently and heavily pro-liberal, but Fox does a lot of liberal-promotion, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: