SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Concentrate our fire to Pennsylvania New Jersey
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Concentrate our fire to Pennsylvania New Jersey Reply with quote

I believe the time has come to target our message to New Jersey and PA. Almost 50 electoral votes are up for grabs. I started contacting major newspaper editorial depts online. Then I thought why not spread the word to all the Swifties and concentrate our fire!!!

Nowhere in the nation will we be more effective than in PA & NJ. I could contact my local editor here in CA but what effect would it have? Almost nil, Kerry is up in CA by 12 points. But if I contact the newspapers, TV stations, radio, and any other media in those two states than any effectiveness is leveraged.

All the members of this forum may consider acting in a coordinated manuever toward PA & NJ. It may be the best way to use our reputation knowledge, and efforts to prevent John Kerry from becoming CIC.

How many think this is an idea worth pursuing?
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is an excellent idea. I live in NY and know what you mean...hopelless! how did you find out the name of the newspapers etc?
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Finding media in PA & NJ cities Reply with quote

You can search for the newpaper in any city by using the name of the town and newpaper on any search engine or you can seach for the city and contact the chamber of commerce and they have the local paper and all media.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go to:
Write Letters To The Editor

Enter a zip code and get a list of the newspapers that serve that area.

Consider adding a few of the larger papers to this thread:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11387
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you.
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has already found it, but I live in South Jersey (just over the bridge from Philadelphia) and the NJ newspaper for us is called The Courier Post. Most of our other papers come from Philly (Inquirer and Daily News).
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Concentrated Fire Reply with quote

Kerry has pulled even according to polls due to his debate performance. It is time for all good soldiers and sailors to do their duty or dig in and put in the extra effort it take to counter the enemys lies and distortions. It is 4th quarter time for all those who have played football or are fans of the game. Kerry is a charlatan and needs to be exposed as such. Anyone who really examined the debates closely saw that his biggest gaft was the North Korean issue and the global tet and the kioto treaty. The guy has to be branded as a far left leaning liberal to be exposed in the general election. Come on everyone!!! Just because this guy is a professional debater does not mean he is Superman. He is vulnerable and a wimp and he can be defeated if not at the podium but by the will of dedicated partisans like us. It is time for us to unite and defeat this charlatan. Who Thinks targeting NJ & PA is a good idea??
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Strategy in NJ and PA Reply with quote

I agree that it would be a good idea to focus on PA, but let's not forget FL and OH.

There seem to be lots of military people in the Susquehanna Valley, especially the Scranton / Wilkes Barre / Hazleton area, where the biggest paper is called the Times-Leader.
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: PA & NJ Reply with quote

Kerry = liberal & traitor, & a good debater

It is the message make sure this becomes a household view!!!!
GaryD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Concentrate Pa & NJ Reply with quote

There is Hope here in NJ!!!
We did a 220 mi. round trip Sat. from North to So. Jersey and only counted THREE "Kerry/Edwards" Bumper Stickers. The signifigance is huge considering four years ago Clinton/Gore Bumper Stickers were everywhere!!!! Have even noticed a lack of Placards and Signs in the Urban North East areas which are large Democrat communities. Bush/Cheney signs appear to be running equal to the Loser's and for NJ that gives us hope. BTW, the Rather/CBS fiasco has not gone unnoticed here and appears to have done a lot more for us than them!!!
Keep the Faith

G
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: PA & NJ concentrate fire Reply with quote

Dear Gary DeLoach,

Thank youi for your response. I wuld like to believe that there are more of us who want to aggressively go after Kerry in the best politcal way possible. We were ahead politically but after the debate it seems that we have to deliver the same message to the masses again.

The main point is to not despair and to commit to the battle and the exposing the Kerry scam he is trying perpetuate on the American conmunity. The man is a charlatan. That is the issue!!!!!
closingtime
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Bergen County. We are not as liberal as our politicians. Money spent by swiftvets in NJ will be money well spent

I hope the RNC wakes up also, and realizes this state is winnable. Kerry is at war with big Phrama...and quess where they employ the most people worldwide?
theresa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that focusing on Pennsylvania and New Jersey is crucial. Pennsylvania is a hunter''s state, and it has gone back and forth between a lead for Bush and a lead for Kerry for some time. And New Jersey is ripe for the picking because McGreevy handed it to us. I think since the debate and Bush's poor performance there, the outcome of this campaign lies in the hands of the powerful Swiftvets and the Conservative radio talk show network across this country. I also think that concentrating ads in other battleground states right now, to soften up the viewing audience before the next presidential debate is important.

Thanks for listening.

Theresa
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Concentrate our fire to Pennsylvania New Jersey Reply with quote

I agree with all that is said and resources need to be concentrated where electorial votes can be won for GWB. Kerry has already stopped campaigns in states where he expects to lose.

As for the swing states I support letters to the editors but don't forget the liberal editors decide what will be published. We also need to remember that many voters no longer rely on the daily newspaper. Another option is to join the RNC and suppor their phone banks and get out the vote effort. And follow non traditional approaches to reach people at large venues.

I just attended a street fair today in Somerset County, considered Republican Party territory, and must say that the six Kerry supporters were much more visible and active especially in registering voters they moved right in the center of the street so that every person walking could not miss their effort and people were registering...

To win NJ, PA and other swing states will take the effort of spending time and handing out pamphlets personally to potential voter supporting Bush we should know the demographics (profiling??) that are expected to support Bush and avoid the pockets that hate Bush due to DNC and 527 propaganda.

JK
theresa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can also say, in response to the previous posting, that Kerry supporters are on a mission to make sure that as few Bush/Kerry lawn signs remain in place as possible. I have had 3 Bush lawn signs stolen from my property in the past 3 weeks. Ironically, the first time they were stolen was a few weeks ago when one or two Kerry signs began showing on a few lawns. Believe it or not, early Friday morning at 3 AM, I actually saw a person drive up to my property, get out of his car, pull the Bush signs off my lawn and a few others in the vicinity of my lawn, get into his car and drive away.

This is desperation.

Theresa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: