SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usvetsnetwork
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY Reply with quote

This letter was emailed to me after I had heated "discussions" on the Yahoo boards regarding veterans.

I thought I would share it with you folks if you don't mind.

----- Original Message -----
To: support@veteransflagdepot.us
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 6:06 PM
Subject: GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY

Dear Sir(s),
I lost my beloved brother, my best friend, at the age of 49, in December 2003, to cancer. He was a retired, Army, a 24 year veteran and a veteran of Desert Storm. Right up until his last breath, I'm positive, that he would have gladly gone back into active duty, to protect his country, that he held so sacred.

Those on the message boards...most of whom, I'm sure, have never served this great land, sound like immature, idiots...some one is a pig, and someone else, is something else....Blah, Blah, Blah.

You know, and I know, that without our TRUE American HEROES, like you and my brother, THEY would not have the freedom to post such ridiculous views to a public website...in a third world country, they would be the one's beheaded, for denouncing the government.

I JUST WISH, that there was a way to get through to them. But, that wish goes full circle...they have been handed THEIR freedom...
they just have no idea, the price. someone else has paid for it...perhaps
not in the current generation...but somewhere along the line a SOLDIER, lost his life to give them "their rights".

I, for one, an American citizen, admire and respect our enlisted and veterans, regardless of the branch...THEY ARE, THE AMERICAN HEROS.

God Bless you, and keep you safe, in these troubled times.

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post. Very Happy

What many don't seem to realize is that it isn't only our freedoms we fight for. Without help, our forefathers wouldn't have freed us from an oppressive regime that no longer exists. We are the leaders of a free world and other oppressive regimes exist all over.

To me, it is our duty to help free others wherever they desire freedom.

Too many Americans have become laxidasical and complacent. They take our freedom for granted, thinking it will always be there because they think it always has been. It hasn't.

Freedom isn't free and it doesn't come cheap. Even to hang on to, it carries a high price.
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear God,

Protect our Military and especially my beloved Corps from Kerry, Teddy, Boxer, Hillary and Nancy.

amen.
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Amen.

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
Claire
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: All of you Vets Reply with quote

Never fear - there is hope for our young people. Just this Monday, July 5th, I had the honor of saying goodbye to my grandson as he headed off to Lackland, TX. His idea to go - always wanted to since he was a kid. Imagine that - we are still raising honorable men!!
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and AMEN

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: All of you Vets Reply with quote

Claire wrote:
Never fear - there is hope for our young people. Just this Monday, July 5th, I had the honor of saying goodbye to my grandson as he headed off to Lackland, TX. His idea to go - always wanted to since he was a kid. Imagine that - we are still raising honorable men!!

Congratulations, Claire. I spent 10 great years in the AF and started at Lackland. You're right, we are still raising honorable and courageous men!
Like the rest of my brothers here, I've got your six, too. God bless you and your grandson. By the way, you raised his mother/father, so you did a pretty damn good job too. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: