SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Mr. Kerry....Letter, but I don't know who to send it to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Dear Mr. Kerry....Letter, but I don't know who to send it to Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Kerry,

Its a beautiful day outside, not too hot or cold...the sun is shining and it isn't that humid here in North Carolina. In the quiet of my home, while my children are at school I took my "Mothers right" to lay quietly and take a nap.

But I couldn't sleep Mr. Kerry, I just couldn't doze off like I'd wish to. You see, I was thinking like many Americans are right now. I was thinking about you, and our future.

I have four beautiful children Mr. Kerry, two strapping sons and two beautiful girls. All of them are blond, with haunting grey eyes and thick black eyelashes. Blessed with them, deeply, I'm very fortunate to have intelligent and happy children.

I try to raise them the right way, teach them that life is precious. Teach them that to tell the truth is always the bravest thing to do, because even though it may hurt the pain is always smaller than with a lie.

I teach my sons to stand up for those that can't help themselves, to protect them and their right to happiness. That we must always be aware of how we can help others. Even if I were to ever get a phone call from school saying "Your son was fighting" if it were in defense of another child, not only would I NOT punish them, but they would get a super banana split for their trouble.

I teach my daughters to nurture, listen and care for others. To be feminine in the nth degree, to appreciate men for their hard work and to never disregard the need for them in our lives. Yes Mr. Kerry, I am a traditional wife. I cook, clean, bake muffins. I get up at 4:30 am to make coffee and feed my sweet husband. This morning I cooked breakfast for my family before school and work, not an unusual thing here. Sausage, eggs and toast.

Even that is tinted these days Mr. Kerry, do you know why? Perhaps you'll blame it on War, or terrorism. Perhaps the lagging economy that you claim. Maybe you'll claim that since I'm middle class, I'm suffering from these taxes you want to change. Perhaps you'll blame my worry on Health Care, and the need for good insurance.

None of those apply to me Mr. Kerry. I have every confidence in our military, because my husband was a devoted member of the Army for 22 years. I live in a nice home with a beautiful yard. We aren't rich, but we are well fed and have a little money left over to go do things like we did this weeked at the county fair. Our health insurance is through the military, and taken care of.

No Mr. Kerry, what kept me awake this afternoon was thinking about you, our future as a family, and my children.

All children look to the president as a role model at one time or another in their lives. I don't want you as a role model for my children, not now...or ever. I fear for what they will become if you gain the Office you desire in such a terrible way.

I did my own investigating, I searched and read for months. I watched you over and over again on the news. I listened to you, read your book from the 70's. Watched you as a young man and today.

You frighten me Mr. Kerry, to my core. I, a woman of standards, am afraid of you and what you will do to my beloved country if you gain office. I am terrified of what my children will see, if they see a man such as you become President.

What will this teach my beautiful children Mr. Kerry? That you can assume any "face" you wish, denounce the mother of your children as Non Existant, invalid, useless with an annulment? That you can demoralize our soldiers, vote on assasination, cause more pain than the entire war of that era...and never be called to task? You can defame so many of our people, then turn around and call that the actions of a "Hero"?

It will teach them that being self serving will gain them the seat of the most powerful country of the world. That is a lesson I do not want them to learn. I choke when I think of my grey eyed darlings turning as cold as you, and being able to twist the world to a horrible mockery of what it should be.

No, fear of outside forces such as terrorists doesn't sway this "Security mom".

It is fear of internal forces such as yourself that do.

Please withdraw from this Election Mr. Kerry, our children depend on it.

Sincerely yours,
LW
Butch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent your letter to the newspapers and TV stations. I think I will make copies and send it via snail mail to them also.

Excellent letter.
Thank you very much.
grammaj
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO this letter should be sent by certified mail to John Kerry with copies sent to Rush/Sean and anyone else who will have the courage to read it on the air.

Great letter.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to both recommendations above. I would also contact your local TV stations. In addition, if you get the Salem Network (Hugh Hewitt, Mike Savage, Laura Ingraham and others; send it to them too). Send hard copies.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sending it Butch. I'll send it to the papers in Raleigh, Fayet, Goldsboro and Jacksonville.

I don't have much hope that Mr. Kerry will ever lay eyes on it though, or anyone else for that matter.

I think I describe what many mothers are feeling right now. Our children, the focus of our lives, are in peril for their morality. It's hard enough that we have to deal with AIDS, teen pregnancy, drugs, violence, theft, gangs...this man gaining office would push that teetering balance right over the edge.

I just can't stand by anymore, for all the things that have happened in this world I've never been truly afraid.

This man has made me afraid for my childrens future, I detest him for that.

I'll send it by Email to some radio stations also, but again. I'm feeling more than a little bereft right now.

Thank you again,
Lorelei
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, you put into words exactly what I feel. I haven't been able to sleep more than 3 hours at night. I wake to turn on the TV and see what's going on. I get on here to browse the topics in search of something that will get rid of this guy. My husband and the rest of my family think I might be gettin too involved with my emotions. No one can be around me without me telling them why they shouldn't vote for this guy. My 13 year old son is probably more informed on the election than maybe even he can comprehend. And all because I cannot imagine a country with this man at the command. I loath the commercials that I see with him in it and telling people like me; female, middle class with a family and kids in college that we are not making it, that we are no longer middle class and that we need him. I do not need him, want him, admire him or think of him as "help is on the way". I want to scream it from the mountain tops, stand on a street corner and shout it. Anything to get the American people to know. that I DON'T WANT MR. KERRY AS MY PRESIDENT AND THAT I FEEL MORE AFRAID WITH HIM IN OFFICE! So please, someone who knows how to get these kind of things on the air, in the papers or anywhere, please do it for people like her and me and I imagine, alot more of us middle class women. This middle class wife does not need the kind of help that Mr. Kerry is selling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: