SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Were Those Vets on Stage Last Night?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stupson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Who Were Those Vets on Stage Last Night? Reply with quote

Anybody know the guys on stage last night with Kerry? I thought only getting 12-14 to come was a notch or two below a landslide of support. Stu
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One was Max Cleland who like Kerry managed to wound himself by his own actions. Cleland fragged himself with his own grenade and Kerry managed to earn at least one of his Purple Hearts by shooting himself. Both of these incidents took place in a secure area where there was no enemy activity.

CO
8th Ord Det (EOD) ROK 68-69
542 Ord Det (EOD) CONUS 70-71
99th Ord Det (EOD) RVN 72-73
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Who Were Those Vets on Stage Last Night? Reply with quote

stupson wrote:
Anybody know the guys on stage last night with Kerry? I thought only getting 12-14 to come was a notch or two below a landslide of support. Stu

Not including Max Cleland, I believe there were 13. Of those, 11 served, at one time or another, on one of the two Swift Boats Kerry commanded.

Jim Rassman, the former SF officer (he was the one who spoke), was on Kerry's boat after Kerry pulled him out of a river after he was blown another Swift Boat after hitting a mine.

The other guy, who I believe was on Swift Boats (but not on Kerry's) was Wade Sanders.

Dopug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: