SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I WILL NEVER VISIT FRANCE AGAIN!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian Spidle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: I WILL NEVER VISIT FRANCE AGAIN! Reply with quote

This is very hard for me to say. My beloved Canadian Mom grew up speaking French as her first language. I studied French for three years in high school, read Proust, de St. Exupery and Baudelaire in French in College; and admired Voltaire, Rousseau, Gide, and other great French thinkers.

I’ve visited that lovely land three times and loved speaking that magnificent language while exploring its superb train system. Notre Dame, Versailles, the Louvre, the Musee D’Orse, the Pompidou Center, the Place de la Concord, etc are all incomparable. I thoroughly enjoyed riding the Bateau Mouche up and down the Seine and conversing in French with artists in a Left Bank Café. My family thoroughly enjoyed the ice cream at Berthillon on the Isle.

I loved a Tale of Two Cities and studied the life of Napoleon extensively. We’ve had perhaps a dozen young French exchange students live with my family. My wife and I actually knew more about French history than most of them. I once owned a Peugeot 505. I’ve been a lifelong and unabashed Francophile in the truest sense of the word.

I’ve decided, at the age of sixty, that while almost half of all French people are actually pretty nice, almost all of them hate America.

The betrayal Of Jacques Chirac in not supporting the War on Terror together with his sneaky arming of Saddam Hussein and the French larceny of the Oil for Food Program ARE THE LAST STRAW.

FRANCE IS OBVIOUSLY OUR ENEMY and though I may be half French; I’M ALL AMERICAN. Not only won’t I visit there, but I won’t buy anything made there. For my sixtieth birthday a week ago, I celebrated with a Massachusetts “Champaign” instead of my usual Perrier Jouet flower Bottle.

John Kerry claims he can get help from the French. In that claim he shows that he is either the worst of all liars or the dumbest of all politicians. KERRY AND FRANCE CAN GO TO HELL!

by Adrian Spidle Twisted Evil

http://pep.typepad.com/public_enquiry_project/2004/10/i_will_never_vi.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Home Adrian
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're talking about this over here, too:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=90840#90840

If you have more (specific) info. (oil for food, etc.) & can put it on that thread, I'd love to have even more ammo. Thanks.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to stop by Paris on my way to England to see my grandsons.

No more France or French related products for me since the French screwed us good in the UN about the Iraq war.

So, screw the French.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to send them back some of thier roland rockets being us against our warriors! Evil or Very Mad
VAW11_Vet
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new book out today that I plan on buying at lunch time titled "Our Oldest Enemy : A History of America's Disastrous Relationship with France"

Here a link to it at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0385512198/qid=1096990809/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-7295282-1635033?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it too late to "unforgive" their WWI and WWII debts that we forgave them?

That might put a dent in the deficit, particularly with accrued interest....
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Australian has taken the place of french wine for me, and it was a very smooth transition.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I have a collection of French cookware that I'm not going to get rid of, it's good stuff, and I've already spent the money(a considerable sum) for it.

That said, I say we storm Normandy again, and take our fallen soldiers from the cemetaries on the cliffs, our fallen don't deserve the indignity of being buried in a land that resents them.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my unit was given the task of securing an Iraqi airbase about 10 klicks north of Tikrit, one of the things that we discovered sealed in a hangar on the flightline was 2 French Mirage fighter built in 1999 and 2000 respectively.

One of my young soldiers asked how they could have these when the UN had an embargo on military equipment. I asked him what he thought of this and his reply to me was and I quote, "F*@k the French they're a bunch of pu@@y communists, we should dig up all our guys from WWII and bring them home, they deserve better than being buried there."

This guy was only 19, and he gets it. God I love being around soldiers.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
nccjones
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would love to join your boycott, Paris is my favorite city. I was there in June (and Normandy for 60th anniversary ) and again in August and I'm going back for a 4 day weekend this weekend (only a 2 hour flight from where I am). Every time I've been there I've always been treated wonderfully in Paris. Whatever the Parisians political choices are, I don't see it. There is so much history there and I can stare at the marvel of the Eiffel Tower forever.

I understand where you are coming from though Smile
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to be tougher than one would think to hand it to the French

http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/content/db/b-db-boycottfrance.shtml

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nccjones, the French are America's enemy. Let me tell you a true stroy about how the French are.

The last time I flew Air France to Paris, while I was asleep on the plane, I heard a loud yell in front of me.

The flight attendent was yelling at an american woman with two kids.

The attendent said she's not American, she don't think like an American and she don't like Americans.

I told the attentent, I am happy that you don't think or like Americans, but don't be too tought to a lady and two kids. I said without the Americans France will be under German ruled.

Then all the attentents start getting mad and speak in French to each other, while the passengers around me started to clapped their hands.

The French sucks.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ambafrance-us.org/comment.asp

Use the above link if you want to tell the French US Embassy what you think of them Very Happy

nccjones
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God and Country,

I'm sorry for your experience. That sounds horrible! But, I've not had that experience. I totally respect your opinion, and ask that you respect mine.

I myself do not believe they are the enemy though I do disagree with their politics. As long as my life is not threatened, which it hasn't, I have no problem visiting their country. Too many men died on June 6th 1944 and the following days to give the freedom France has today. That's what I remember and think about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: