SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you guys going to tie Kerry's anti-war activities to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meateater
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Are you guys going to tie Kerry's anti-war activities to Reply with quote

contributing to the loss of the Vietnam War by sapping the political will of America? If so, can you please draw a co-relation between similar media tactics that Kerry is re-utilizing that can contribute to the loss of the War on Terror? If this is too hot for you guys, then a Private Message sending me to the right place would be much appreciated. I get paid on the 15th and want to find the right courier for the message and support it. That way I can feel like I did everything in my power to stop Kerry and enlighten the American people. Thanks. Hope this is not an offensive topic. If this gets deleted, then I'll confine myself to 100% support of you guys without posting anything. Thanks for your courage on sharing the Truth from yesterday with America today.

C Company 3/75 (Prior Service)
FUZZY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your question is rather convoluted in some respects.

In as much as you stated "contributing to the loss of the Vietnam War by sapping the political will of America" which he did not do I think it should have been asked in a different way.

He did associate with the enemy, he did attribute war crimes to soldiers who did not commit them creating more deaths of Vietnamese and American POWs and he did lie about his tenure for the few short months he was there and what he did in Viet Nam but he did not sap the will of America.

He used the media then for his anti war rhetoric and slander against the troops then. He is now using his psudo-hero service record on and in the media to further his political career.

I see no correlation between what he did then and what he is doing now except to say he was a coward then and still is. The traitor part of the present remains to be exposed.

He has no understanding of leadership nor does he have a record of same. Four or five men in a small boat which he turned away from the slightest sign of danger does not a leader or commander make

He is anti-war and will ask the other nations of the world before he would go to war and find his answers from them and not the American people. He therefore would lose not only the war on terror but all of our freedoms and life style we now know and love.

He remains a coward, liar and a traitor and anything you or anyone else can do to keep him out of office will meet with much approval of many of us here in the United States of America.

A.D. (FUZZY) Barron
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really don't know what the Swifts have up their sleeves.

We just hide in the corner and watch - so far, they have been the hardest blow to the Kerry Kampf. Their ads are body blows, and everyone knows it. Wink

Their plan has worked miracles - I'm just along for the ride.
Meateater
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUZZY wrote:
Your question is rather convoluted in some respects.

In as much as you stated "contributing to the loss of the Vietnam War by sapping the political will of America" which he did not do I think it should have been asked in a different way.

He did associate with the enemy, he did attribute war crimes to soldiers who did not commit them creating more deaths of Vietnamese and American POWs and he did lie about his tenure for the few short months he was there and what he did in Viet Nam but he did not sap the will of America.

He used the media then for his anti war rhetoric and slander against the troops then. He is now using his psudo-hero service record on and in the media to further his political career.

I see no correlation between what he did then and what he is doing now except to say he was a coward then and still is. The traitor part of the present remains to be exposed.

He has no understanding of leadership nor does he have a record of same. Four or five men in a small boat which he turned away from the slightest sign of danger does not a leader or commander make

He is anti-war and will ask the other nations of the world before he would go to war and find his answers from them and not the American people. He therefore would lose not only the war on terror but all of our freedoms and life style we now know and love.

He remains a coward, liar and a traitor and anything you or anyone else can do to keep him out of office will meet with much approval of many of us here in the United States of America.

A.D. (FUZZY) Barron

My perception that V.V.A.W. was an effective tool at polarizing the American people at the time against the war effort is simply retrospective. In my training, I was taught that a counter-insurgency is near impossible to win without the political will of the liberating force's population firmly behind the mission. Kerry's actions in V.V.A.W. could have had no impact on the political will of the American people to stand behind the effort. As a student of history, it seems as if Kerry's anti-war activities had some public impact with his various talk show appearances and Senate testimony. The last thing I want to do is give this guy any credit he doesn't deserve. Using the uniform against the troops that wear it while the war was going on seems to be what he is doing presently by stating wrong war, wrong time, etc. Thanks for the input. My faith and contributions remain with the Swiftees. Smile

C Company 3/75 (Prior Service)

Last edited by Meateater on Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If John Kerry's activities as leader of the VVAW aren't a prime example of helping to sap the will of the people and discourage their support of this war, then nothing is.

It was always one of the VVAW's primary missions, to undermine support of the war at home. There's some very good material about this in the Winter Soldier/VVAW forum.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
We really don't know what the Swifts have up their sleeves.

We just hide in the corner and watch - so far, they have been the hardest blow to the Kerry Kampf. Their ads are body blows, and everyone knows it. Wink

Their plan has worked miracles - I'm just along for the ride.

Oh NNN, you're so funny! 'hiding in the corner...' Laughing Laughing

I understand what Meateater means and I agree... Kerry and his spinheads and antiwar buddies.... just yap, yap, yap at the American people with the complete help of the MSM - they tell their lies so much that people believe it...and they are masters at twisting the truth around so it looks like they are the good guys.... I just visited a page at kerry's site...linked to another post here... it was on kerry's 'top 10 lies by the swifties'.... boy, 1st read on that and a normal person would say ' well, there you go, it's all lies!' ha! I can pretty much debunk a lot of kerry's vietnam lies now.... but I had to go thru it paragraph by paragraph and really think (others who are better versed on this won't have to think so hard) - then I started to insert the real truth / questions after each of their 'lies' listed.... and went thru the whole listing... according to them, if you give money to Bush's campaign and to swiftvets, you're an unbelievalbe person, just write you off man! might as well brand 'LIAR' on your forehead for life! If you ever talked to or did business with anyone in the administration, you can't give money to sbvts without breaking the law! Shocked Shocked Boy, they should put those rules on their own 527's ! And people who read that, won't pick it apart etc, they'll just accept it! And boy, does he have great ammunition against the 'facts' of UFC ! Shocked Shocked they list quotes (in opposition of UFC) from TOD, the Globe biography and every mag/paper that ever printed one of his lies as PROOF that UFC is not true ! Evil or Very Mad
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUZZY wrote:
...he did not sap the will of America....
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
If John Kerry's activities as leader of the VVAW aren't a prime example of helping to sap the will of the people and discourage their support of this war, then nothing is....

IMO, both arguments have a bit of merit because he energized an unexpectedly large contingent of left-wing crazies, which in turn demoralized more of the right than it should have. Unequivocal is the FACT that he currently is using the same tactics with some demoralization of the undecideds and our allies along with an unexpected energizing of the crazies. We should focus our efforts to stop any further influence on the undecideds and expose him and his crazies for what they are.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a wealth of info. on Kerry, his anti-war activities, and his activities in and continuing ties to the Vietnam Veterans against the War here:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=11
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Systematically undercutting the rationale for going to war most certainly contributes to sapping our country's will:

U.S. soldiers persistently and pervasively committing atrocities and war crimes;

U.S. allies only puppets;

Supporting the enemy's "peace" conditions.

Abu Ghraib indicative of widespread war crimes and goes to the top;

U.S. allies only a coalition of the bribed and coerced;

Iraq not a threat;

Wrong war, wrong place, wrong time;

We should have captured or killed bin Laden before doing anything else.
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Tying Kerry's '71 antiwar activities to today's Reply with quote

Let me add the overall heading and flip-flop extraordinaire for neverforget's excellent list:

"And the question, is it worth the cost, reminds me of my own thinking when I came back from fighting in that war, and it reminds me that it is vital for us not to confuse the war, ever, with the warriors. That happened before."
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VVAW's mission, coordinated with the Vietnamese Communists, mimicking the agenda of the East Bloc intelligence agencies funded by Moscow, was to engage in psy-ops on behalf of the Vietnamese revolution against the interest of the USA. Kerry operated in their "American Theater" of operations on their behalf, and they won. There was no other way they could win, except to turn American public opinion against the war, the US Government, and the US military. The installation of the left-wing Congress in Washington in 1975 was the death knell for the South Vietnamese. It was the culmination of a ten year effort to achieve the goals of international communism in Southeast Asia. The consequence of that election was the defunding of our allies and their collapse when attacked by Soviet armed and funded North Vietnamese forces.

No, Kerry is not solely responsible for this, but it was his mission and he was a prime actor in that mission. Yes, he did board a train that had already left the station, and he used the radical left, just as they used him. But he was the one who mainstreamed the radical anti-war movement and gave it credibility beyond what it could have achieved on its own. Remember, the anti-war candidate lost to Noixon in 1972; but what happened in the next election?

To say that Kerry's actions had no impact on public opinion, and no impact on the outcome of the Vietnam War, is ludicrous. To say that is also to attest to the effectiveness of their propaganda to dupe otherwise intelligent poeple into not seeing what the hell they were doing.

He is now engaged in an identical appeal to the emotional revulsion people feel at the horrors of war to enflame the American people to abandon the war in Iraq.

His current track is every bit as detestable and treasonous as it was in 1970-75. He is now, as he was then, interested only in his own aggrandizement. The national security interests of this country be damned.
JB Stone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=107785#107785

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: