SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this the real Kerry Plan for Iraq?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Is this the real Kerry Plan for Iraq? Reply with quote

Kerry gave a speech before the Council of Foreign Relations on
Dec 3, 2003

Kerry's Speech - 03 DEC 03 - 80k -

Here are some excerpts , read the entire speech, it is highly illuminating.

I will carry that message to the world myself. And in the first hundred days in office, I will go to the United Nations -- I will go in the first weeks -- and I will travel to our traditional allies to affirm that the United States of America has rejoined the community of nations. I will make it clear that when the secretary of State speaks, he or she speaks for America, and not for a losing cause of internationalism inside an administration obsessed by its own hubris and swagger.

Our best option for success is to go back to the United Nations and leave no doubt with the world that we are prepared to put in charge of the reconstruction and governance- building processes that institution. (UN)
I believe the prospects for success on the ground will be far greater if Ambassador Bremer and the Coalition Provisional Authority are replaced by a U.N. Special Representative for Iraq -- mindful also of the U.S. security role in the context of the current resolution.

Quote:

As president, I will work aggressively to rebuild the relationships frayed and shredded by the Bush administration, particularly with our NATO allies. I will immediately convene a summit with European and world leaders to discuss a common anti- terrorism agenda, including a collective security framework and a long-term strategy to build bridges to the Islamic world.

I will treat the United Nations as a full partner -- not as an obstruction to get by -- not only in the war on terror, but in combating other common enemies, like AIDS and global poverty. We must seek not only to renew the mandate of the U.N., but to reform its operations and revitalize its capacity. And if I am president, the United Nations will be seen as the asset that it is, not a liability to a safer America.
Quote:

In the first days of a Kerry administration, I will appoint a presidential ambassador to the peace process who will report directly to me and the secretary of State, and who will work day to day to move that process forward. There are a number of uniquely qualified Americans among whom I would consider appointing, including President Carter, former Secretary of State James Baker or, as I suggested almost two years ago, President Clinton. And I might add, I have had conversations with both President Clinton and President Carter about their willingness to do this, and I think they would welcome it and embrace it as a means of moving forward.

In this administration, we had 14 months of abandonment. I was in the Middle East after September 11th. I met at length with President Mubarak, with Crown Prince Abdullah, with King Abdullah, with Prime Minister Sharon, with Arafat in the West Bank. All of them. And every single leader, including our own ambassador, said to me, "Senator, where is General Zinni? Why isn't there a special envoy here? This is a moment of opportunity."[quote]

Thanks to some friends in New York, I was invited to come up and meet with the Security Council in the week prior to the vote, and I wanted to do that, because I valued my vote. And I wanted to know what the real readiness and willingness of our partners was to take this seriously.

So I sat with the French and British, Germans, with the entire Security Council, and we spent a couple of hours talking about what they saw as the path to a united front in order to be able to deal with Saddam Hussein.

Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note the excessive use of the "I" word. Leader, my a**.

So he met with the Security Council all on his own! My God, the man was President and we didn't even know it! He's so egomanical I fear an accidental explosion of his ego.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was General Zinni? Well, each time he visited there was an increase in the number of homicide-bomb attacks on Israel.
BienHoa69-70
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this speech Kerry claimed "I wrote the international anti-money laundering legislation that is not the law of the land." This boast is not credible. That legislation which is part of the Patriot Act was Introduced in the Senate as S.1510. On October 11,2001, at Cong. Rec. page S10547 Sen. Leahy stated that S.1510 was a bipartisan bill reported out of the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs. Because Sen. Kerry is not a member of that committee I strongly doubt that he "wrote" that Bill. Further, at Cong. Rec. page 10598, Kerry states that he was one of the sponsors of the bill and makes no claim to having written it. Moreover, I can find no reference to his name on the list of sponsors and cosponsors. Clearly, there is no truth in this man.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BienHoa69-70 wrote:
In this speech Kerry claimed "I wrote the international anti-money laundering legislation that is not the law of the land." This boast is not credible. That legislation which is part of the Patriot Act was Introduced in the Senate as S.1510. On October 11,2001, at Cong. Rec. page S10547 Sen. Leahy stated that S.1510 was a bipartisan bill reported out of the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs. Because Sen. Kerry is not a member of that committee I strongly doubt that he "wrote" that Bill. Further, at Cong. Rec. page 10598, Kerry states that he was one of the sponsors of the bill and makes no claim to having written it. Moreover, I can find no reference to his name on the list of sponsors and cosponsors. Clearly, there is no truth in this man.

I didn't read anythng in the speech about the laundering of money etc...
did I miss it????

Is he supposed to be doing these things???? meeting with all these heads of countries????
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is he promising that we''ll also share in the graft at the UN?
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not good at posting links, it is from a Dec 3 speech to the
Council of Foreign Affairs website under Irag.

Quote:
I will treat the United Nations as a full partner -- not as an obstruction to get by -- not only in the war on terror, but in combating other common enemies, like AIDS and global poverty. We must seek not only to renew the mandate of the U.N., but to reform its operations and revitalize its capacity. And if I am president, the United Nations will be seen as the asset that it is, not a liability to a safer America

Why does revitalize and reform sound like the UN saying to Kerry
"SHOW ME THE MONEY" and he is replying - ALL YOU NEED, I'M THE
UN'S BEST FRIEND!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pubs of this quote:

http://www.cfr.org/campaign2004/scorecard_15.php
http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/000279.html
http://www.cdi.org/friendlyversion/printversion.cfm?documentID=2089
http://www.prophetofdoom.net/t_error_jk.html
http://cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0312/05/i_dl.01.html
http://www.bangladeshobserveronline.com/new/2004/07/26/foreign.htm
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1102203/posts

Oh, and the one quoted:

Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)

Amazing isn't it, that the crap gets such wide publication while the good stuff sits in the blogs. Times will change regardless of who wins (no pun).
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's "plan" if it can be called that, involves a very large, white flag being waved furiously in the general direction of the UN.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's Endgame Strategy - Master of the Universe
The UN will be his next victim, after he destroys the US. I wonder if
anyone has looked way back in his family tree and found any ties to
Lucifer, Beezlebub, or the Anti-Christ?
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Is this the real Kerry Plan for Iraq? Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:
...I wonder if anyone has looked way back in his family tree and found any ties to Lucifer, Beezlebub, or the Anti-Christ?

How about Damien Thorne for irony?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: