SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gas Prices Weapon for Kerry Camp .... ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Gas Prices Weapon for Kerry Camp .... ? Reply with quote

The price of gas at the pump is horrific ....

But consider: the SUPPLY of oil out of the ground is fairly stable, despite political unrest in Venezuela and Nicaragua. Saudi has even increased it's production.

As far as I know, apart from Iraq ... REFINERIES are producing at record capacity.

The TRANSIT of the oil tankers is stable again ... the hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico are over, shipping is re established.

So, why isn't the price of gas going down?

I THINK that gas prices are being driven by hedge fund operators and rich speculators, and I've been wondering just WHO is benefitting from the increased prices, besides the profiteers.

Pain at the pump affects everything in the economy, and even if the economy is booming, average citizens feel pinched by increased prices. Perceived economic pain is a HUGE problem for the incumbent at election time ...

Okay. Now, we already know George Soros has pledged his fortune to defeating Bush. We also know that TheRAYza has a few million dollars available to support Kerry. The Rockerfellers are politically active Democrats ... and is there any doubt in ANYONE'S mind where the Kennedy's are spending their money? I don't know about Bill Gates, but William Buffet is an avowed Democrat. And then, there is the wealthy Hollywood crowd who also happen to have some millions to invest in political profiteering.

It is no stretch of the imagination to wonder how many of the above families have participated in hedge funds and speculation to drive the prices of gas up ... just before the presidential election.

If anyone has any links, thoughts or opinions, please post or mail me.

My theory is: Wealthy investors are driving up the price of gas at election time to get Kerry into office. If anyone can help provide some solid evidence, I'd be grateful ... and if you can poke a hole in my theory, I'd be even more grateful!!!

Sorry this post is so long, thanks for your time ...

PS. I do think that our country's real future is in developing alternative fuel sources, but presently, for the good of every citizen in this country, we need to get those pump prices DOWN.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing is the enconomies of most of the world are doing pretty good.This causes a greater demand for gas . Here in the USA gas would be lower if we were allowed to drill in Alaska and other places.And if wind farms were allowed with in 6 miles of the Kennedy compound. ALso all of t he refinerines here in the USA are old .Envirmentalists go nuts if a new one may be build. And in many places the EPA forces different types of additives to be added. So this increases the cost. I live in Kentucky and we have a different additive than Indiana does. Unless they changed it in the last couple of years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: