SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
campjwIII
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have work to do.
I am not a Bush Minion -I support this President in this time of peril. The Free Nations of the World cannot afford the Luxury of a single Kerry Administration.

Thanks Greenhat.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campjwIII wrote:
We have work to do.
I am not a Bush Minion -I support this President in this time of peril. The Free Nations of the World cannot afford the Luxury of a single Kerry Administration.

Thanks Greenhat.

Just exactly so.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Norman Fagan. I served with Alpha Co., 3RD Recon Bn., 3RD Mar Div 8/68-9/69.

On two occasions, spent 4 nights in a row running night ambushes to stop sappers from setting mines in the Cua Viet River. PBR's were jittery. Took us under fire once. Guess they forgot we were there. Funny now but taking 50 Cal fire wasn't funny then.

Semper Fi
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that I have finally let Keith Nolan off the string that he was swatting at....

I served in the 1/327th as a Platoon Leader post-Vietnam, served in 1st SOCOM in the early 80s and in Special Forces for the balance of the 80s.

10 years of service, '78-'88.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Well, now that I have finally let Keith Nolan off the string that he was swatting at....

I served in the 1/327th as a Platoon Leader post-Vietnam, served in 1st SOCOM in the early 80s and in Special Forces for the balance of the 80s.

And talk about me stringing things along Smile

Doug
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
Greenhat wrote:

And talk about me stringing things along Smile

Doug

LOL
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

campjwIII wrote:
We have work to do.

Hi, campjwIII! Smile Amen!

I guess I probably am a Bush minion, since the only Democratic candidate I could have supported was Lieberman. My social politics are probably more in line with his than with the President's, actually.

But, until terrorism is conquered, there's nothing more important than fighting and winning this war.

Kerry has proven that he is not capable of strong commitments, that he will sway whichever way the political winds blow. A war time President has to have backbone and stubborn determination. Kerry has never demonstrated a capacity for either.

I'm a non-Vietnam vet - I'm a former Navy Air Controlman from 1979 - so not even an "era" vet. I barely remember the Vietnam war, except as it related to the discussions in our house.

But, a few years ago, I got a couple of rabid emails from my father about Jane Fonda, and that started me on a search for info. What was happening in our country back then? What happened to our returning soldiers? Who was backing the anti-war movement? How was Jane Fonda involved? What was happening with our POW's back then? The answers were appalling.

I think that if Kerry is elected, it will be affirming all of the terrible things that came out of that anti-war movement which Kerry helped to lead.

We'll be slamming that generation of soldiers all over again.

This, I can't take without putting up a good fight. You're so right, campjw, we DO have work to do!
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in the US Air Force from July 70 to Apr 74 as a Security Police Military Working Dog (Sentry/Patrol) Handler (K9), with service at Lackland AFB (Basic, SP School, MWD Handler School, and ten months as Kennel Support at dog school), Korat RTAFB, Thailand with 388th SPS, and finished up at Whiteman AFB, Missouri.

Then out for five years, and was going to go back into the AF. They offered me E-4, and my choice of bases. But I'd had to go back as a 'straight leg' SP, and they wouldn't give me dogs, plus the only choices they gave me was Minot, Malstrom and Grand Forks. So, I went and did 16+ years in the US Navy from May 79 to September 95 as an Electronics Technician (8 yrs) / Electricians Mate (8 yrs) with service all over the US and the world including in Desert Shield/Storm (Persian Gulf War I) from Aug 90 to Apr 91 onboard the USS Elmer Montgomery (FF-1082) as a member of the ship's UN merchant interdiction force boarding party.

I retired in September of 95, am 30% disabled through the VA, and live and work in middle Alabama just below Birmingham.

BZ to all of you, my fellow veterans! I am pro-Bush and anti-Kerry.

Those who understand, understand!

Those who do not understand, will never understand!

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
kag
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name is Ken Guyer, GMG. Served with the Danang Harbor Patrol from about July 1968 to December 1968, then with Cua Viet River Patrol on LCPL's with PBR Squadron 543 and Task Force Clearwater from December '68 to March '69. Then went back to Danang until I finished my tour.

Came back to the Tonkin Gulf on board the USS Jouett CG-29 (Used to be a DLG) in 1970 for a tour.

Nice to see this go vets only. I get just a little tired of those who were never there commenting on how great Kerry is. I have nothing but contempt for Kerry as a vet. He threw away his right to claim vet status when he tossed his, well not his, ribbons over the White House fence. And we he stood before congress and told of being a war criminal.

Cheers,
KG
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kag, and 'Welcome Home Brother!'

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent 11 years in the US navy from the tail end of Vietnam, was involved in the evacuation. So I'm not a battle veteran. I just know, as I've known for many years that Kerry is pond scum that does not deserve to lead this great country.
Airedale
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dropped in during my travels.
I served in the 600 ship navy of Ronald Reagan from 1980-1984 then 2 yrs reserves.
I see that CVN-76 ( The Ronald Reagan ) is making her way to the west coast.
As my screen name implies, I was a roof rat ( on Nimitz with an ASW squadron attached to CAG 8 at the time )

Anyways...enough about my "I love me post"... lol

This roof rat would like to share a couple of links with you river rats, et el.
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/
the above link is where I stumbled into your site about Kerry and his suspicious purple hearts.

Lets see if this will fly;
[img]Image deleted by Admin[/img]

Admin note:

Ladies and gents...please try to limit the width of graphics to 600 pixels or less...over that and it starts screwing the horizontal formating of the frame.

Thanks Smile

Hey ! ^^^^^ it WORKED goddammit ! Cool

Anyway, this link; http://www.ejectejecteject.com/
http://www.ejectejecteject.com/
Is a series of short..( well...maybe long ) essays on situations in hot spots and how the media focuses on the tunnel vision source of doom/gloom.

Hope you all chase down the links when you get a chance.
I'll make my way around your site over the next week or so.

My azz is dragging...gotta get some Z's then back to work in the am.

Fair seas and following winds....( that means good luck to you ground pounding types Laughing <--- is this a "sh!t eating" grin face thingy ?
Primus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redhawk34 wrote:
Thanks for this forum.
I'll listen to anyone with a DD-214, any branch, MOS, or era.
If you don't have a 214, you have nothing to say that I need to hear.
Redhawk

What if you're currently still active duty? Does that count? I hit 20 years in November.
AZ3
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that I'll do a lot of postin', I'm kinda quiet like. But I wanted to take the opportunity to express my admiration and gratitude to all you guys that were in-country while I had three squares and a warm bunk to sleep in, in 'Nam and every war since. I tip my hat to ya.
bw
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. I was Air Force 65-69, 1370thPMW. Mos=AFSC 92250, home station Turner then Forbes. Acouple of tdy's Brasilia ,Asmara,Tuy Hoa (6 months in country -would that have been a pcs for fnk?) Dad was a "lifer" I grew up on military bases, 1952 ,I was 10-we were stationed in Erding Germany-got to see places like Dauchau ,Berlin -place's that left an impression. I have 3 high school friends on the wall-I lived in the "honor" barracks ,at Forbes -members of the honor guard went out weekly during that time.I know there is a civilian and a military set of values attitudes and understandings that impact what is acceptable or not.Fnks activities are an abomination-his military record is fishy -he is floatsom in a sea of puke. He is again splitting the the USA-and has out used his vetran card. There is a broken arrow alert,a call to respond.I hope to be with you all-as good as I can be. I was a small player and I want each of you to know you have my sincere respect. To those few who don't agree with me here,please note that I didn't call fnk a piece of **** or question his birthright! How Can I Help? Thanks,b
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 2 of 47

Jump to: