SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here Reply with quote

Welcome to our "Veterans & Active Duty Military" Forum.

As a courtesy to your fellow brothers & sisters-in-arms, please "report-in" with a brief description of your military background.

Welcome Aboard! and Thanks For Your Service!

Last edited by administrator on Sat May 15, 2004 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Bruce

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Brilliant Reply with quote

Knew it wouldn't be long before you guys found a peaceful way to keep down the jihadi....congrats. While I'm not a swiftboater, spent some time sending the troops back from Cam Ranh Bay in 1970...A landlubber then, saw the error of my ways and quickly took up sailing when I got home in '71, bought a sailboat in '73 and never looked back. Just want to congratulate you all on recognizing the importance of doing what you're doing. Takes a little bit of the sting off this embarassment. We can only hope no more VVAW decide to run for office. I certainly don't hold anything against their service...other than their disservice to their country and their fellow soldiers in arms...just as today. The fact that our Senators can't even see what they do as 'comfort to the enemy' is beyond me as it is to all of you I'm sure.

just one more recommendation...suggest an additional "required" registration item to make it easier on you guys to check, should it become necessary....like Basic Training Unit, or Rank and Discharge Date or some such. Congrats again,

Bruce
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Vets only Reply with quote

Wow, that was fast! You guys don't mess around. I only want to get the truth out in front of as many vets as possible, not get into political debates with Kerry hacks. Thanks!
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, peace and quiet! Cool
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GGGgggrrrreat idea!
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Great idea Reply with quote

perhaps this would be a good thread to introduce ourselves. I was a postal clerk with the 173rd Airborne Bde. in 1969 and early 1970. The 173rd was airborne. I wasn't.

Essentially I was in country between Hamburger Hill and Cambodia. In fact the evening after I arrived at Long Binh they called a special group out of the formation to be sent to the 101st, I believe they were mostly taken from men who had been in the hospital( I guess they had fewer than 3 purple hearts) or LBJ.

Initiallly the post office was at a little spot called Camp Fidel(had just moved from An Khe) between Phu Cat AFB and a South Korean HQ. Charlie didn't bother us. About Sep we moved up to the brigade hq at LZ English just north of Bong Son. There we were shelled about once a month.

Part of my duties involved selling postal money orders including selling them at forward fire bases,etc.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this place and it is like a breath of fresh air.

I was in the Army, Vietnam Central Highlands, 69 - 70. I served with the 412th TC Det. attached to C Troop 7/17th Air Cav and was an OH-6A mechanic.

I've read the letter you guys sent off to Kerry and must commend you for it. I personally would vote for Mickey Mouse before John "F"in Kerry. Other than Salon.com trashing swiftvets, has there been any response yet?

I consider all you guys my brothers and can tell you, we helicopter guys have as strong a bond as you swiftboat guys seem to have. I salute you all for coming forward and telling the truth.
Jeff Heritage
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Great idea Reply with quote

just wanted to say hi to jalexson...I was also in Binh Dinh province in 69-70, flying for C Troop, 7/17th air cav...we were stationed at Lane Army Heliport, just west of Qui Nhon and we staged daily out of LZ's Uplift and Bong Son, with the occassional trip to LZ English...the AO was definitely interesting and just wanted to welcome you back...
jsh
jalexson wrote:
perhaps this would be a good thread to introduce ourselves. I was a postal clerk with the 173rd Airborne Bde. in 1969 and early 1970. The 173rd was airborne. I wasn't.

Essentially I was in country between Hamburger Hill and Cambodia. In fact the evening after I arrived at Long Binh they called a special group out of the formation to be sent to the 101st, I believe they were mostly taken from men who had been in the hospital( I guess they had fewer than 3 purple hearts) or LBJ.

Initiallly the post office was at a little spot called Camp Fidel(had just moved from An Khe) between Phu Cat AFB and a South Korean HQ. Charlie didn't bother us. About Sep we moved up to the brigade hq at LZ English just north of Bong Son. There we were shelled about once a month.

Part of my duties involved selling postal money orders including selling them at forward fire bases,etc.

redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this forum.
I'll listen to anyone with a DD-214, any branch, MOS, or era.
If you don't have a 214, you have nothing to say that I need to hear.
Redhawk
Walkingtall
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Hello from a new member Reply with quote

I've been visiting this site and wanted to join. I served in US Army from 3-68 thru 8-71 (active duty) & 8-71 thru 5-74 active reserves. Vietnam from 8-68/8-69 MACV/CORDS Tac Team #33 based out of Nha Trang. Last rank was SSG E-6 (went thru Drill Sergeant School at Ft. Jackson).

For the record, John F. Kerry is a weasel and the truth will prevail about this SOB in the end. I feel better now.

Regards,

WT
Steve
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Thanks Vets! Reply with quote

Steve Here,

I didn't do nearly as much as the rest of you but I did spend 8+ years in the Navy and served on submarines 1976 - 1984. I am very impressed with the courage of John O'Neill and the rest of that great bunch of guys in holding the press conference earlier this month. That is exaclty the type of protest about the Liar Kerry that holds wieght. 200+ real veterans and heros who are not going to take his cynical Bull **** lying down any longer. I salute you all.

Sincerely,

Steve
riverChief
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: newbie here Reply with quote

let me intro myself

name is now john stevens

before 1991 it was john steven mesojednik (mojo)

feb 69 pcf 58 danang and the cua dai

took the 58 to crb for refit and picked up the 40 boat

and then to seafloat and an thoi

oinc was marty mayer
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: New Guy Reply with quote

My name is Gary Burks
I just found this page from the Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry web site. I was in the Army from '69-'71. Basic at Ft. Ord and AIT at SESS, Ft. Gordon, Ga.
I served in Viet Nam from 2-4-70 until 3-25-71. I was at Camp Eagle for 9 months and the remainder at Phu Bai. I drove a deuce and a half from Camp Eagle to Phu Bai, Hue and Firebase Birmingham.
campjwIII
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Julian Camp
I served in the Big Red One 69-70 all over War Zone C
100% SCD.

I was a member of VVAW in 1972 because it was the only group of my peers that didn't call me a baby-killer or ask me if I had a drug problem.
More than anything else it was a community of veterans.

JFKerry? I met him. He was a politian then riding on the back of Vietnam Veterans -and everybody knew it.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Julian. Glad you could make it over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 1 of 47

Jump to: