SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Site, thanks for your Service to our nation!!
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Checking in Reply with quote

I'm Dick Harrell
I come late to this party.
US Navy enlisted Nov 1956
Got out in April 1971 but stayed in Selected Reserves
Retired CPO (ACC) USNR Oct 1988
I am authorized the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for service in Vietnam in 1964, but I was never actually involved in any combat ops. My ship (USS Currituck AV7, a seaplane Tender) sailed up the Saigon River to Saigon in July that year for a "show the flag/diplomatic type thing, then back down the river and over to Camrahn Bay for some seaplane ops doing Operation Market Time. After that WesPac cruise it was back to the training command in Kingsville, Texas for 3 years producing fledgling Naval Aviators, then to Subic Bay for a couple of years 1968/69 as a GCA controller at Cubi Pt.
As someone who grew up in the 40s and 50s, it is inconcievable to me how far my country has come, that a person who betrayed his country, his fellow warriors, and consorted with the enemy in Paris and came home and touted their communist line to our leaders, and not only got away with it but is now running for the office of CinC.
I found this website after searching for the Swifties to make a contribution to their fund to keep up their work.
To all the Vietnam vets here, "welcome home"
clipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Chris Permann and I'm a little late reporting in.
Army 69-72
RVN 70-72 101st Airborne (why send a tanker 11-D to the 101st?)
Allready donated a couple of times, sure hope it helps to thwart the traitors run for the white house.

Keep up the Good Work!
Trinitytim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hello to everyone and congratulations on the great job you all have done. I am especially appreciative of your efforts to expose Kerry's lies. I only hope that America sees the true John Kerry and votes GWb back into office.

My name is Tim Porter and I served in the 1st Infantry Division in Vietnam. Our base camp was Lai Khe but we didn't see too much of it. I was in country from early 69 and left in March of 70. After my tour in Vietnam, I was stationed at Ft. Meade in Maryland providing security and riot control in DC during kerry's heyday. I hated the duty but ended up staying in the area, becoming a police officer for 22+ years.

I'm now retired from the police department and self employed in South Carolina. I look forward to Tuesday and a big win for W. Take care and God Bless all of you

Tim
PBR111
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

"PBR111" here -- Scott H., GMG2, in Austin, TX.

Request permission to come aboard.

GMG2, PBR boat captain, River Division 511, June 69 through turnover to VNs in 4/70, advisor to VN PBRs until end of tour. Most of that time working out of Moc Hoa, west on Vam Co Tay, south side of the "Parrot's Beak" next to Cambodia.

I really was in Cambodia -- legitimately (well, except to the Cambodian government), on a Vietnamese PBR out of a YRBM at Chau Doc, beginning of May 70 (right before Kent State).

Computer programmer now, recovering lawyer, active Republican (former elected official, as an 'R').

Website: http://www.rivdiv511.com (yeah, I know, it needs work).

Last edited by PBR111 on Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
homiebrah
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSgt Brian C.
Currently serving at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
Network Engineer
13 years in, 7 to go
Voted on Tuesday, without needing help or making a mistake
4th tour overseas -- Iceland (1992), Osan AB, Korea (1998-99, 2001-02), Elmendorf AFB, AK (2002-present)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mnemos
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here! :) Reply with quote

USMC in Danang, Khe Sanh, Cam Lo, Con Thien, JJ Carroll, Mouth of the River, etc., 1965-1967. Nice being here in the company of good people.

Mnemos
Buster43
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: I Made It Reply with quote

I finally made it over here. I feel priviledged to be in such company as those who served in Southeast Asia.

Ten years Navy, seven in submarines and the last three on a carrier. No shore duty for me. While my boat was in drydock, I and three of my shipmates were shanghaied for Desert Storm. I ended up on the Missouri plotting firing lanes for the 16" guns.

Now working for Homeland Security on the border for Customs and Border Protection.
Seaplaner
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings active military and fellow vets .
My name is Tom, and I was in the USAF from 66-70.
I worked in electronic warfare (AKA ECM) both active and passive. Mostly CONUS and Europe.
Vietnam? Well, I was TDY in Okinawa for a few months, and the A/C I worked on (not aboard) did fly hot missions; but, I was never boots down in VN.
Both of my brothers also served in the USAF, my Dad was a WWII Army physician.
One grandfather was WWI, and (get this) other grandfather was Spanish American war.

And, as a generous source of parental pride, I've got two daughters currently in the uniform of the U S Navy.

BTW, the handle "Seaplaner" has nothing to do with my military experience. I have a seaplane rating for civilian aircraft.

High regards to all military bretheren (and sisteren?). All are my heroes*, and atop this magnificent list...are the Swift Vets and POWs.

*(Provided they received an Honorable Discharge legitimately, never surfed for medals, and always held the service of fellow US military in highest esteem.)
Old Chief
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Hello from Panama Reply with quote

Call me Hank. I did 14 years and 7 months with the Army. I was in Viet Nam from June, 65 to June 66, at the Rice Mill in Cholon. (Tough duty, that :)), and got out in July 1976. After a nine year break in service, I joined the USNR in May, 1985 and became an Operation Just Cause vet. My Navy service was with Port Services Detachment 210 at Rodman Naval Station, Panama, and I retired in September 1998 as a Chief.
cwilson917
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming in late, but I'am here and I'am with you.

Base Pay Entry Date (BPED) 13 Mar 1957, 49th Arm Div Texas NG.
Oct 61 called to active duty with 49th, Berlin Crises
July 62 Division released from active duty. June 63 went to work full time on a National Guard Nike Hercules missile site in Dallas/Ft Worth Air Defense. Dec. 1968 site deactivated. End of my NG career.
Reported for active duty in Jan 1969 as a WO1. Ft Snelling, MN-
May 70 Korea- June 71 Ft Bliss, TX- Sep.74 Germany- Sep 77 Ft Bliss, TX- Jan 80 Ft Rucker, AL- Jun 80 Germany- Jun 82 Ft Bliss, TX- Jan 86 Germany- Jan 88 Office Chief of ADA, Ft Bliss, TX.
30 June 1990 Retired as a Master Warrant Officer 4.

Never had to fired any shots in anger.
C3-27 Highspeed
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Freedoms Lost Reply with quote

Hello fellow Vets,

My name is Chris Meyer and I served in the 7th ID(light), C3-27 from 89-92. I served as an 11B(ground pounder) and cross trained as our company Armor. I got to take part in the invasion of Panama along with a second trip there for jungle school. Over all I found the Army to be a good experiance.

But I find nowdays that more and more of our freedoms are getting taken, while more and more of our money is redistributed. The morals of this once great nation are in the gutter and getting worse by the day. We had a draft dodger as president and now we're looking at a traitor as a possibility.

What happened to Honor, integrity, courage, valor and patriotism. These were the things that made this nation great. Right now it looks like 46% of the nation doesn't understand or care about these principals. We must work harder to instill these things into our young so that this nation can survive.
Cephus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SORRY FOR BEING LATE TO REPORT
Cephus Seay 68-71 Nam 69-70-71 46th security group MACV Transport of ORD. from Cam-Ranh Bay up US1 ttill there was no road and then some.
DAV now aand would do it again for this country. I can'tt stand to think what this country would be like with JF Kerry as the leader. I have a navy son with 17 years in he's a chief,ddoes that count swifts .You didn't think I was ggoing to have him be a gravel agitator did ya. I just want to say I think you guys are doing as much good for this country as the active duty over there and I got one over there to ,my son-in-law that's just like my own aand another one in Germany that's due to go to Afgan in another 5 months. So anything you guyss can do to sstop this low life MF from getting in to my life I'll forever be in your debt. Thaanks for opertunity to vent.That's aall from me.
USMCVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Check In Reply with quote

USMC and USMCR - 1977 (OCS) - 1978 - 1998.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd Marine Divisions (Desert Storm with 1st MARDIV)

USCENTCOM

COMMARFORPAC

HQMC

III MEF (3rd SRIG and LNO to 7th Fleet)

9th MEB

MCCDC
2slick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: 2Slick Reply with quote

Call me CPT 2Slick.

USMAPS '92

USMA '96

Flight School (Black Hawks): 96-98

Korea: 98-01

101st Airborne: 02- May '04 (Mosul, Iraq from Feb '03 - Jan '04)

Now: CFLCC (Kuwait)

Kerry is the enemy of the US, and must be stopped. He's been spitting in our faces all week (we failed to guard explosives, and we failed to capture bin Laden when we had him surrounded- both outrageous lies that he takes such glee in telling). My dad's a 2-tour Vietnam Vet, and we both served proudly. Kerry must be stopped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47

Jump to: