SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoachGunner
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Welcome Home Brothers Reply with quote

My name is Jim Tuttle and I served with the US Army from Feb '66 thru Dec '68. Spent all of 1968 in Vietnam. Eyes weren't good enough even for helcopter pilot, but I had a great desire to be up in the air, so I volunteered for Helicopter Maintenance enroute to Vietnam. Flew as crewchief on slicks with 161st AHC, which became 123r Avn BnCoA, for 3 months, then volunteered for Search and Destroy Helo Team, the Aeroscouts, 123rd AvnBn, Co B. Crewed mostly LOH, the OH-23 Raven until they were replace with OH-6 Cayuse. Returned home Dec 24, 1968, to a very different country.
God Bless America and the Swiftees for their courage.
Life Member: DAV,NRA,VHCMA,MOPH.
VVA VFW MVVA KofC Mason
Goldwing Rider
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome, Jim Very Happy

From another 67V20, C Troop 7/17th Air Cav, 69 -71. Worked on OH-6s in Nam and 58s after leaving and going to Germany and then Ft. Bragg.

Jump in anywhere you like.
LoachGunner
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following this election closely and have come to the conclusion that a Kerry win would just be the ironic icing on the cake of Vietnam Veterans 45 year degradation. Remember Joe (unpronounceable name) in Dogpatch? The little guy who always had a black cloud over his head raining on him? I get that feeling when thinking about Kerry win.
I'm betting on our online newsgroups and Bloggers taking down the MSM very soon. We have long known of a bias in the media, but now it's just blatant as can possibly be.
If Kerry wins, maybe its time for that little revolution we have been needing for a bit. You know the one where we first kill all the lawyers?
Life Member: DAV,NRA,VHCMA,MOPH.
VVA VFW MVVA KofC Mason
Goldwing Rider
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, what will we do if Kerry wins? Can we talk about that in here? I wonder if law enforcement is monitoring this blog for names etc... interesting.

Some idiot kid said to me tonight at Walmart that he was going to vote against President Bush because he thwarted the UN - thwarted global democracy!. Can you believe that? I took a deep breath and told him:

1) All nations were NOT created equal.
2) China, a slave state, has no legitimate vote over anything we think is important. Cuba likewise. North Korea, fuhgetaboutit.
3) Ther are two operant mechanisms in the world body: bribes and threats. In this case, Iraq's bribes trumped our combined bribes and threats - who woulda thunk it? The truth hurts.
4) UN Impotence - its BEST quality.

I think this kid may vote smart - he asked me for some literature on the President (which I just happened to have, as an informed and involved citizen). Talk to kids - the draft scare guys are having an impact - despite the fact that Kerry is the most likely guy to give us a draft (after all, Bill Clinton would no longe be eligible).

Jeff White
Major, USA
Ranger, Pathfinder, Master Parachutist
1981-1985 USMA
1986-1989 82ABN (training)
1990-1993 2ID (more training - 2 ea Battery Commands)
1994-1995 USAJFKSWCS (schoolhouse)
1996-1998 4POG(A) 6POB(A) (Haiti, Bosnia)
1998-2000 Canadian Land Staff (Bosnia, Kosovo)
2000-2004 AFSOUTH Naples Italy (Bosnia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Med)
2004-pres James Madison University (football games, funerals, church picnics)
Old Dog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USN 1966-70
USS Proteus (AS-19)
USS Nereus (AS-17)

Worked with Walt Jones for the last seven years.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME ABOARD! GLAD TO HAVE YOU!

Great bunch of newbies! Thank you for joining us! Pull up a chair and jump in anywhere. Smile

The main forum is for topics relating to SBVFT and POW's from www.stolenhonor.com - their message, ads, appearances, affect on the Kerry campaign, etc.

The forums are not "pro-Bush," except that defeating Kerry, by default, re-elected the President.

Many of the founders and signers and many participants and supporters here are Democrats - please do not use denigrating terms to describe that political party.

There is a forum dedicated to Kerry's anti-war career - the Winter Soldier forum.

Resources and Research is where the heavy-lifters put their heads together to speculate and compare notes. We'll be carrying on with other projects as soon as we've had a chance to catch our breaths and catch up on our lives, which have been on hold since at least May.

There is much work to to - activism on behalf of our missing brothers and sisters in Vietnam, correcting the history of the Vietnam war as portrayed by Hollyweird and as taught in our institutions of higher education, restoring the Vietnam veteran to his/her rightful and honored place in our culture, taking down the mainstream media - the amount of work to do is mind-boggling.

But, one thing I have learned is that you can do anything with some dedicated volunteers, a few willing hands and hearts. As we rest up and re-group, you'll find a place to occupy some spare time and skills.

Look for a buddy in "Find a Shipmate."

Geedunk & Scuttlebutt and this forum are pretty much "open-topic" forums - just remember "the high road" and good taste.

Grab a cup of that goooooood Navy coffee and enjoy your stay with us! Wink
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a very good friend, an SF medic with serious credentials, who was in Vietnam with some sort of high level team looking for American remains, etc. I asked him if he thought based on his trip that there were any more of our people still there alive, and he was convinced that there are not. I fly a POW flag on my front porch that says "Bring them home now or send us back." As serious as we were about repudiating Kerry for his treason, we should be that much more seriously investigating anybody still left behind, is my view - even though it is not popular.

I think the single lasting legacy of Kerry will end up being a toss-up between the anti-war efforts in 1971, and his later efforts to normalize relations and to kill the POW controversy.

1. First of all - are there still POWs left in Vietnam?

2. Second - what about McCain? (I wrote him a heart-felt plea regarding his apparent silence on the specific subject of John Kerry - no response)

2.b. Who are our friends in high places?

3. Are prosecutions really a part of the the strategy (if so, sign me up, I think it would be a wonderful idea).

3.b. What is the relationship between amnesty, records "corrections" like Kerry's and our ability to finally hold some of these people responsible --

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY (from my pov) what is the linkage between ancient these leftist anti-war organizations and the ongoing efforts aimed at unhinging our strategy in the Middle East? What are teh ilnkages between radical Islamo-fascism and our own budding anti-war Michael Mooreist movement?

I know, lot's of questions - but hey, I am now blogging with some of the smartest and most patriotic people in the WORLD !!!

SWIFTEES ROCK!
Mac McBride
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy!

Request permission to come aboard, SIR!

USN '73-'78
USNR '80-'81

Was stateside and landlocked my entire active tour. Spent a weekend or two in the reserves tied up to the dock in New London on the USS FULTON, AS-11. My "foreign" duty experience is limited to weekends in TJ. Enlisted for three years, made RM3 (Bainbridge "A" & "C" alum). Scored a SecNav appointment to USNA and was there for two years before flunking out.

I don't join organizations and I've never contributed to any political cause before this but I really believe in what the SVPT stands for, and thank each and every one of them for what they accomplished. They stepped up for this country in VN in the '60s and again this year. Both times they subjected themselves to ridicule and vitriole for their ideals. And because of their efforts, and others like them, a good man was re-elected president of this country. This will go down as the political "Year of the Bloggers and 527s" thanks, in large part, to the SVPT.

I wanted to join the forums for a very specific reason, to make a post suggesting a possible future course for the SVPT. I'll get to that and this is the forum for it I guess. Sent an e-mail with the suggestion to "admin@swiftvets.com" but it bounced.

Three dits,
Four dits
Two dits
Dah!

Radiomen, Radiomen
Rah, Rah, Rah!
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Merde! You made it past the censor, but I still remember my Morse code from the Boy Scouts and a short tour at NAS Pensacola.

Welcome aboard, Mac McBride.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: race against Pricilla Goodbody Reply with quote

I'll give that last post until 11:28 to be altered. Why do you think that John Kerry speaks French sometimes? Very Happy
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed - there are so many ways to get around the usual censors that it's kind of silly to even have them. Wink

But, we try to maintain at least a modicum of decorum so that we don't look like a forum full of azz****s in a blue-air cussin' contest. Very Happy

(I got issued Advanced Cussing I & II with my seabag and this ol' seahag has had quite a few years to practice them all. Wink )
Mac McBride
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:
Holy Merde! You made it past the censor, but I still remember my Morse code from the Boy Scouts and a short tour at NAS Pensacola.

Welcome aboard, Mac McBride.

Thank you Sir/Ma'am/Marine!

My rule of thumb is that it can't be censor bait if you have to translate it to be offended. Besides, that's legitimate government issued cadence.

Bet the Boy Scouts never learned code like the Bainbridge 2304 schoolers. Head into the EM club (Fiddler's Green in Bainbridge) and give drink orders in Morse Code. Because the bartender is also a radioman, he/she knows what you mean ... and totally prove to anyone within viewing distance what a bunch of nerds we all were. We knew we were pros when we could send up an order that included a Dudley Fudpucker and a Sloe Comfortable Screw. Embarassed
Keys
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reporting in. To introduce myself. I was an SK2(E-5) in Navy Security Group 1967-1970. I served 15 months in Naval Support Activity Detachment Cat Lo RVN from Feb 69 til early 70. I'm very familiar with Vung Tau to Sa Dec. We provided logistics to PCF's. and pretty much anything else that floated. BTW, I'm the one that got the swifies portholes when they were unavailable anywhere. You never knew what I went thru to get all those spare parts.

Thanks guys for all the great work during the election. I worked my can off, and for the first time in history, my county voted for a Republican. I have never been a great politican, but this election activated me. I found to my surprise that I was still mad as hell at that lieing *****. That stuff was just under the surface. I had the pleasure of saying in front of a political rally that we veterans demand an apology from Kerry as I spent 15 months in the same area as Kerry spent 4 months and knew for a fact that he was a lair. The speaker was floored and just stammered that I had a right to my opinion. Thank you again, I plan to be more active in the future. I never had sought out or contacted any of you till the last couple of months. Several shipmates have already e-mailed me from the past . It's been good to talk to kindred spirits.
Ebbark
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all - I'm new and reporting in:
United States Navy - RM2 (E-5) - USS McKean DD784, two combat tours in Vietnam 1966-1969. Did a bunch of plane guard, search and rescue - refueling SAR helos, replenishing swiftboats and mucho naval gunfire support...

Ebbark
KitJarrell
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: New Girl Reply with quote

Hi there. I'm a Bosnia vet, so I hope that's good enough to post here. I'm not nearly as accomplished as y'all are, but I hope I can stay. =)

I'm Kit, age 30. USAF vet early 90's. Hydraulics mechanic on C-130E, with the 37th Airlift Sqdn at Ramstein, Germany. Spent time in Sarajevo in 1994 as a flightcrew grease monkey.

After active duty I spent 3 years as an officer in the AF Aux (CAP) as an honor guard instructor and Mission Info Officer. Also worked on SAR ground teams.

None of that is as important as the job I have now, though, and that's being a supportive, loving Marine wife. (Some days I think the rest of it was easier. lol) My husband FINALLY returned, after 3 years of MSG duty at various embassies around the world, so I FINALLY got to marry him. =)

I am the owner of the blog that's been covering the Lt. Ilario Pantano case; Euphoric Reality. And yes, Coburn posted over there. Wink (I had seen someone ask that in my travels around this forum.)

Thank you all for your service and again, I hope I pass muster. Wink

Kit Jarrell
Euphoric Reality
http://euphoria.jarkolicious.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 46 of 47

Jump to: