SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush leads in poll again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Bush leads in poll again Reply with quote

Before anyone says it I know polls actually mean diddly, but I thought I would post it anyway just for info.

Quote:
The AP-Ipsos poll found Bush leading Kerry just outside the margin of error, with the president's support at 49 percent, Kerry at 45 percent and independent candidate Ralph Nader at 3 percent. The Bush-Kerry matchup was tied a month ago, when Nader had 6 percent.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/9109349.htm?1c

ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Bush leads in poll again Reply with quote

xsquid wrote:
Before anyone says it I know polls actually mean diddly, but I thought I would post it anyway just for info.

Quote:
The AP-Ipsos poll found Bush leading Kerry just outside the margin of error, with the president's support at 49 percent, Kerry at 45 percent and independent candidate Ralph Nader at 3 percent. The Bush-Kerry matchup was tied a month ago, when Nader had 6 percent.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/9109349.htm?1c

Actually, you're right in that the absolute numbers in the polls mean squat, but just like any opinion poll what matters most is the direction and speed of movement. There are no polls that have any credibility that have had the absolute difference outside the statistical error range in the last 6 months.

I'd bet a $1000 that come mid-September the absolutes will be about where they are today. This country is divided roughly 50/50 between doers and takers. Sad but true because the takers have never read the Constitution or are being controlled by the lying users/takers on the left that have read it and lie about it! Period.
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This country is divided roughly 50/50 between doers and takers. Sad but true because the takers have never read the Constitution or are being controlled by the lying users/takers on the left that have read it and lie about it! Period.

I think you are right on here.

Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will find that whenever John Kerry and his newly minted running mate are in the news - they will go down in the polls. Reality can be brutal... Wink

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony wrote:
I think we will find that whenever John Kerry and his newly minted running mate are in the news - they will go down in the polls. Reality can be brutal... Wink

Tony,

You're right IMHO! Senator Flip and Senator Flop equal a double floppy disc or campaign drive! Dual floppies went out of use in a previous generation.
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,

Was there a point in there, or should we interpret that as smug condescension?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: