SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Winning the Peace' With John Kerry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: 'Winning the Peace' With John Kerry? Reply with quote

'Winning the Peace' With John Kerry?

What the hell is this supposed to mean?

Quote:
MARSHALL PLAN

The Marshall Plan, also known as the European Recovery Program, channeled over $13 billion to finance the economic recovery of Europe between 1948 and 1951. The Marshall Plan successfully sparked economic recovery, meeting its objective of "restoring the confidence of the European people in the economic future of their own countries and of Europe as a whole." The plan is named for Secretary of State George C. Marshall, who announced it in a commencement speech at Harvard University on June 5, 1947.

Here's a plan for 'Winning the Peace' . The Year is 1947, that war began some time before. I wonder if John Kerry's father was clambering for a plan to win the peace for the six years of bloody fighting prior to Marshall’s speech.

I don't wonder about John Kerry's plan to 'Win the Peace' in Vietnam. John Kerry's plan, history has shown reversed a standing Victory in Nam.

Gen Giap has stated John Kerry and his cohorts are what inspired the Communists to hold on in the North, to hold on long enough for Kerry to do enough damage to American domestic policy to render the U.S. impotent.

This Giap decided after he had concluded the communists had lost the war militarily.

John Kerry testified at congress that a rapid U.S. premature withdraw might cost as many as a couple of thousand 'retribution killings'. in the end it was more than a million executed in Vietnam and Millions more in Cambodia which has to be linked to events in Nam.

John Kerry, no thank you.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/pacepa200402260828.asp
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, that sounds almost like..................a mistake John Kerry made and never admitted or apologized for. But oh well, only a few million died.
I'm sure it will work much better if he gets the chance to win the peace in Iraq.

NOT!
rikkoshay
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is something that I just wish Dubbya would lambast Kerry about. He's always saying it and it's flat out wrong. You don't win the peace! You win the war and peace comes later on. Gemminee... everyone has their own version of peace. Saddam has one, OBL has another, Kerry has one and Bush has a better one. Peace will never come until the war is won. Kerry tosses his plan around like just because he has one it will work and work flawlessly. Seems he forgets that the otherside has a plan, or 18 too. Oh I forgot.. his plan is to let the UN handle everything so he doesn't have to, leaving our guys out to dry.

And while I'm on a roll..... These fruitcakes we are fighting can be analagous to a pack of wolves. There is always an alpha male, and as long as he shows he's the boss all is relatively stable within the pack. But the moment he shows a weakness, the other junior males will try to take over. We went into Afghan and kicked a** and look at the relative peace, they had elections today, women voting for the first time ever! Sure it's not all lala land, but neither is the US or any other country. And then look at what we did in Iraq. We went in, totally overran the whole place like it was a deck of cards. All was fine and good for a bit, till we pussyfooted around bowing to the anti-war, pc crowd and that brought in the junior wolves in full regalia. I read a post somewhere here about what we should do everytime there is a beheading or mass bomb, etc.... take out a mosque I believe was the main result. I concur completely. These folks/leaders/countries have a history that goes back thousands of years, the only thing they respect is force.

I'll get off my soapbox. I think I stopped making any sense. (grin)
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally !!! Sosmeone is addressing this 'win the peace' that everyone is spouting about !!!! I never understood it - win the WAR !! Who ever heard of 'win the peace' before ?????

figured it was some newfangled military technical phychobabble term.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should 'win the war' and 'work like hell' for the peace !

I also think Shocked Shocked we should find that guy behind the beheadings (can't remember his name- Zaqarwi? ) and behead him and put that on the internet !!!!!! for all of his followers to view!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way to "win the peace," until you have "won the war!" Abandoning it again isn't winning any peace, it's nothing more than a cowardly retreat that could end up making the entire middle east even more unstable than it is now.

They also keep saying Bush had no "exit strategy." Seems to me he has a good one, "VICTORY!" Win the war and then bring our people home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: