SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's the good news?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Where's the good news?! Reply with quote

After the last ten days, I've found myself asking that question. As a Bush supporter, it's hard to deny that the last week wasn't one of the best for the Bush campaign. It seemed as though one bad story just piled on top of another. It felt like the sky was falling.

Then things seemed to change. They weren't earth shattering events, but good news found it's way to the surface. John Howard was re-elected in Australia. Afghanistan held democratic elections for the first time in history. Also, Muqtada al-Sadr's miltia agreed to a truce and hand in their weapons.

For the last month, I wondered aloud what Bush's October surprise might be. Could it be UBL or WMD? We all played the game, but with 21 days to go we're still guessing and empty handed. The calendar doesn't favor the big event. It's almost too late in the game for a surprise of that magnatude.

Regretably, I have let go of the grand October surprise. Instead, I think we might be in the middle of it. More and more, good news events are being heard. I listed a few earlier and more might be in the offing. Although small, taken together they may be just what the doctor ordered. A calm Iraq is always good for Bush.

Still, I'm going to wake up tomorrow with the hope that something big and positive has happened for Bush and the country. I can always hope and pray.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never give up. There is an awful lot of good news out there, but the leftstream media blocks it from getting reported, don't want Bush to have any good press.

21 days left is still plenty of time for a strong October surprise. Don't forget, in 2000, they sprung the 1976 DUI about a week out.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Spoken like a man with an insiders viewpoint... Twisted Evil

http://www.thewebplace.com/
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: fight till the end Reply with quote

I e-mailed Fox speak out and expressed my disappointment with fox for joining with the ranks on Bret Hume. I put them in the ranks with ABC, NBC, and CBS for taking the polls seriously. They have to know that the DNC chairman has flooded the polls, still they avoid mentioning. To report them as fact is joining the ranks. It seems success has gone to their heads and I told them so.

I'm going to say with the later polls, this country is more than ready to support our president. If GWB wins great, but our work has just began. If Kerry wins we can not relent. We have to take our Nation back!!!!!!!!!! Democracy before us has never lasted over 200 years. We have to stop the ACLU and George Soro's from continueing to erase our history. John Kerry choose this war again. This time his lies will not prevail. He has not only stirred up the living, he continues to use the dead. How dare him use Chris Reeve! For Political gain. He is the most horendous liar of our time. Regardless of this election we can not stop, we have to rid our nation of the evil from within. Clean our House and Senate. Rid ourselves of Judges. We are being destroyed from within. We have the duty to preserve for our children the right for them to be children as we knew it.

We will face Hillary in 2008. Time to cut her off at the knees. Satans wife is behind what's happening right now. She does not want Kerry to win. She is a demon unlike we have ever known. Kerry is a wuss. There is much more to this.

The biased Media and newspapers have to suffer, for what they have done. The St. Louis Post Dispatch today endorsed Kerry! They do not represent the people of Missouri. If I had a subscription I would cancel it. I won't buy a newspaper, I won't watch a program, I will not watch a movie, I will not buy a product! I have only a small say but I control what I consume.

I'm sick of the hatred these blisters spew on us!!

I believe we are united and not devided, we have to do our best to prevail. We are united regardless. The buck does not stop on Nov. 2. We will deal with whatever happens. I pray we don't have to deal with a coward. There is no doubt in my mind WE WILL STICK TOGETHER. GOD BLESS AND KEEP SENDING UP YOUR PRAYERS FOR GWB. I hope we can all pray for him again before Wed. Debate. Satan is powerful and John Kerry is only one of satans children. I would add that I have not attended church in many years because of the likes of those who decieve but I have never lost my God because he lives within me.
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading or listening to the negative news, I look for the positive spin on things. The WSJ Opinion Journal ( http://www.opinionjournal.com )
has some interesting stories. I stumbled upon this site from a previous post.

But the best for real good news is the roundup of good news from the Middle East. Although you probably won't hear about these events on your evening news, it is encouraging to find out about the good that is happening. The last one published is linked here (i hope) . The article is titled "Must it bleed to lead??

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005739
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading or listening to the negative news, I look for the positive spin on things. The WSJ Opinion Journal ( http://www.opinionjournal.com )
has some interesting stories. I stumbled upon this site from a previous post.

But the best for real good news is the roundup of good news from the Middle East. Although you probably won't hear about these events on your evening news, it is encouraging to find out about the good that is happening. The last one published is linked here (i hope) . The article is titled "Must it bleed to lead??

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005739
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: