SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meeting John O'Neill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Meeting John O'Neill Reply with quote

Here is an article written by a man who met O'Neill at a book signing and speech last night. It says a lot about how O'Neill is perceived by people.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1237572/posts

He certainly is our hero:)
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: meeting John O'Neill Reply with quote

I stood in a long line at the rally in DC last month, waiting to have UFC signed by the authors. Both Dr. Corsi and John O'Neill were very gracious. John received most of the attention, naturally. He is the salt of the Earth. He wrote a very personal inscription to my buddy, a Marine sergeant from the Viet Nam era. Moving. I never realized that John O'Neill's dad was at Iwo Jima. The more I learn about the Swift Boat vets, the more faith I have in our country. It's difficult to keep your spirits up when you live in Massachusetts! Both my wife and I met Senator Kerry in 1989. We came away from that brief encounter shaking our heads in disbelief. He's shallow and inconsiderate.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From hanna's link

Quote:
Last night, before the V-P debate, I was privileged to go to a book signing and speech by John O'Neill and Buzz Patterson. If you could all see John O'Neill in person, there would be no doubt in your minds that he is the most honest man around. He and Buzz Patterson said they were surprised that the Bush campaign wanted nothing to do with them. John O'Neill donated his kidney to his wife in January. He was contacted by Admiral Hoffman about doing something about John Kerry.

O'Neill said that everyone in the unit would all drink out of the same barrel of water for unity, all except John Kerry. He said that John Kerry was told by his superior officers to leave after 3 months. They were worried about his safety because he was so disliked by the men. He was never one of them. One time someone caught him sitting in the mess hall alone at night, with his face covered with green and black paint, talking into his camera about his made up adventures of the day. They decided they had to do something because of the lies he told about all of them when he came home.

He was not discharged until 2001, and O'Neill said they didn't know why because it is locked in the papers Kerry won't release. O'Neill said that the Kerry campaign has hired a busload of protestors to follow him around and disrupt his speaking engagements. They weren't there last night because it was a private group. He said they raised 4 million dollars last weekend when they asked for more money.

They will be running two more commercials before the election. O'Neill said that Kerry's version of the Rasmussen story is a total fabrication. He said they all circled around the swift boat that had hit the mine and John Kerry ran away. They are worried about the effect a Kerry presidency would have on the troops. It was an honor to meet these 2 brave men.

One time someone caught him sitting in the mess hall alone at night, with his face covered with green and black paint, talking into his camera about his made up adventures of the day

Whoa -- we knew this man had serious issues...but this is really scary
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea thats the stuff about him interviewing himself. You are right, the man is a MENTAL CASE.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He was not discharged until 2001

So.. whats with that, something there for his reasons not to sign the 180.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that I can't ask them to come here to sign my book (which was a b*tch to get here).....

But I hope to be able to someday meet the people that made these truths come out... and if not them, then people like them.
They haven't signed my book, but in my heart, they are here.. there.. and everywhere..
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: