SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I apologize to my Marines

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: I apologize to my Marines Reply with quote

After reading about Kerry's PHs, I need to apologize to the Marines in my unit. Sometimes after taking out small pieces of shrapnel that only required a bandaid or less, I would make the Marines feel bad if they thought they should get a PH for that little thing. Actually, most of the Marines would not even ask if it rated a PH. They were tough and honest and didn't feel that they wanted to call those scratches as wounds. Maybe now I should have given more PHs and some of them that didn't make it home could have gone home early. I guess that is survivor guilt. One of my wounds finally gave up its piece of shrapnel and I had my wife remove it from just under the skin. Can she award me a late PH? I apologize guys but you were the best Marines a Navy Corpsman could ever be stationed with. Thanks, Doc. (67-6Cool Rolling Eyes Sad Very Happy [/b]
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The injuries most of the NHL players have received would qualify for PH's if we applied the Kerry standard.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by kerry standards (bactine and bandaids) I get 8-10 purple heart worthy injuries 3 times a week when I tend my monkeys at the primate sanctuary. What a freaking idiot.

Friend who was an FAC, now has half a foot. THAT's what I think of when i think PH. Awarding it for minor/non-hospitalizable injuries like that dilutes it.

Up until this whole scandal, i'd look at the PH license plates with respect and awe, flashing a thumbs up to the driver and a big ole smile.

Now, i still do that, but there's a little doubt in the back of my mind.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: