SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rolling Thunder 2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Rolling Thunder 2004 Reply with quote

Hi to all Veterans
I remember going to Rolling Thunder in Washington DC
for the first time...3 years ago...on my bike (motorcycle).
For those who don´t know
about Rolling Thunder, I thought I would take the liberty to
post part of their mission statement and the letter from
the president of Rolling Thunder:

Rolling Thunder®, Inc.'s major function is to publicize the POW-MIA issue. To educate the public of the fact that many American prisoners of war were left behind after all past wars. To help correct the past and to protect the future veterans from being left behind should they become prisoners of war-missing in action. We are committed to helping American veterans from all wars!

"When one American is not worth the effort to be found, we as Americans have lost!"

MAY, 2004 - ARTIE'S LETTER TO THE CHAPTERS...

I hope my letter finds everyone well. I would like to welcome Chapter 2 Georgia, President Harry Ross, Chapter 3 Georgia, President Glenn Nichols, Chapter 1 Vermont, President Carl Greenwood and all our new members to the Rolling Thunder®, Inc. organization. Best of luck to your Chapters and thank you for your support.

Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell of Colorado is not running for re-election this year. Ben has been a Senator, a supporter and a good friend to all of us for many years and he has decided to retire. We all owe Ben a special thanks for what he has done for the Veterans and POW/MIA Issue. We wish Ben a long and enjoyable retirement.

The count down for Rolling Thunder® XVII is on. Time goes faster every year and it seems like we just came home from last year’s event. There is going to be much more to do this year with the World War II Memorial dedication the same weekend. We have made many changes so they (WWII Vets) can get to their Memorial. I am looking forward to seeing everyone. We have some new speakers for this year’s event, one of them being and Ex-POW from the Gulf War II (Operation Iraqi Freedom). The military is also going to bring in some Veterans from Walter Reed Hospital.

This year we will again be visiting the Veterans in the VA Hospital in Washington, DC. That was a very positive event last year. Rolling Thunder® supplied snacks and beverages and all the Veterans had a great time. I hope to see a large turnout again this year. Most of the Veterans there have no visitors and they enjoy our company.

We were just at the Lyons VA PTSD Ward. We prepared and served a homemade dinner for them which they all enjoyed. We had a great time with our brothers and it feels great to help those that need the help.

Have a safe trip to Washington, DC and watch out for other drivers. They have to get use to seeing bikes on the road again.

See you at Rolling Thunder® XVII. Ride safe, ride free, ride for them, “POW/MIA.” God bless our POW/MIAs, our troops serving and God bless America!

Sincerely In Brotherhood,

Sgt. Artie "Dictator" Muller
Note: I loved my ride to the Wall 3 years ago. I can´t go this
year due to medical problems here at the hospital. If you
have a bike, you would love it. If you don´t, you can rent one...
but take a motorcycle safety course, if you do. Helmets are
required for the ride to the Wall from the Pentagon parking lot.

What does any of this have to do with this website? Ask
the Swift Boat members how many Swifties are on the
Wall. Ask former POW´s about John Kerry and his
book, which was used against them and our country.
How many POW´s were left behind in Vietnam? We´ll
never know, thanks to John Kerry (See Village Voice - When
John Kerry´s courage went MIA - www.villagevoice.com)

Montana
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: POW/MIAs Reply with quote

One thing I can't figure out is what in the hell is going on with McCain? I have great respect for his ordeal and courage, but I can't believe the way he's trashed Ted Sampley. Is he that desperate to just put it all behind him? You sound like you know a lot about this subject. Thanks and Semper Fi!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if you "Rolling Thunder" guys know that Kerry was (as of about a month ago, anyway) planning a DC campaign rally called "Rolling Thunder?"

Just thought you might want to check into it and see if it's still part of his agenda.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: POW/MIAs Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
One thing I can't figure out is what in the hell is going on with McCain? I have great respect for his ordeal and courage, but I can't believe the way he's trashed Ted Sampley. Is he that desperate to just put it all behind him? You sound like you know a lot about this subject. Thanks and Semper Fi!

I couldn´t figure out McCain when he was in the US Navy,
and I still can´t figure him out. I have a lot of mixed feelings
about him.
Montana
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Rolling Thunder - Kerry DC rally? Reply with quote

NNN:

Quote:
I'm wondering if you "Rolling Thunder" guys know that Kerry was (as of about a month ago, anyway) planning a DC campaign rally called "Rolling Thunder?"

He probably doesn't know what it means, and it sure wouldn't fit with his past activities (or lack thereof).
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Rolling Thunder - Kerry DC rally? Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
NNN:

Quote:

He probably doesn't know what it means, and it sure wouldn't fit with his past activities (or lack thereof).

Hey NNN.

Thanks for jogging my memory. I just remembered the
motorcycle thing Kerry did on Jay Leno. Remember when
he rode a bike up on the stage with leather jacket, etc.?

I would not put it past Kerry to show up at the Rolling Thunder
Rally as one of thousands that will be there. Anything
for a photo op.

I rode to the Wall 3 years ago with Rolling Thunder. Numerous
members had negative things to say about McCain (because
of the whitewash over the Vietnam POW issue). There were
McCain patches worn by many members with a circle and line
through his name. The press doesn´t cover this
part about McCain or Kerry.

Since Kerry was the chairman of the committee that McCain
served on as well, I doubt that he will be that warmly received
by this group...at least not from those who know the history.

Guess I´ll have to watch C-SPAN (Washington Journal) 30 May.
All bikers assemble at the Pentagon north parking lot.
C-SPAN covers the event live.

Info on Rolling Thunder activities can be found at
www.rollingthunder1.com

Montana
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: