SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WaPo trying to demoralize U.S. troops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: WaPo trying to demoralize U.S. troops Reply with quote

It was to be expected that liberal journalists at the Washington Post would begin the campaign to undermine U.S. military morale in Iraq, by finding some marines to complain about the war.

Here's the link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20794-2004Oct9.html

Article is titled: "For Marines, a Frustrating Fight
Some in Iraq Question How and Why War Is Being Waged" -- by Steve Fainaru .

I hope people with credible counter evidence will move quickly to get their rebuttals to the Washington Post.
badbobusnret
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted,

About every two weeks the W.P. makes an attempt to do this type of piece. In the past it's mostly been reserves/guard members "complaints".
This is the 1st I've seen where frontline(near Fallujah) folks have been interviewed.

Despite Mr. Fainaru's best efforts to get them to say they want to go home he couldn't- the best he could do was to get them question those high up the CoC...nothing unusual for soldiers, excuse me- Marines, in any conflict. In other words- If the troops ain't bitchin' they ain't happy!

A common thread I got out of this "piece" was that they all wanted an ROE change to really go after the bad guys. They wanted to take the gloves off and kick some butt. They hardly seem ready to give up...

But I concur with your overall analysis 100%- most civilians reading this will take it as the Marines aren't behind the mission and is very worthy of rebuttal.

The best rebuttals' will come from those junior officers and senior NCOs on the blogs!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is uncertain whether or not this reporter even interviewed real people.
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: A question here.. Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
I think it is uncertain whether or not this reporter even interviewed real people.

Someone should "help" these liberal MSM charlatans get interviews with their "freedom-fighting heroes" by shuttling them to some place where they are certain to get some REAL action.

Would love to see the journalists piss in their pants and run.. THink this would make great nesw piece and tropp entertainment.

Need some wood?!?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: