SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TERRORISM = GAMBELING & PROSITUTION = NUISANCE (sKERRY)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: TERRORISM = GAMBELING & PROSITUTION = NUISANCE (sKERRY) Reply with quote

[/quote]When I asked Kerry what it would take for Americans to feel safe again, he displayed a much less apocalyptic worldview. ''We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance,'' Kerry said. ''As a former law-enforcement person, I know we're never going to end prostitution. We're never going to end illegal gambling. But we're going to reduce it, organized crime, to a level where it isn't on the rise. It isn't threatening people's lives every day, and fundamentally, it's something that you continue to fight, but it's not threatening the fabric of your life.''
This analogy struck me as remarkable, if only because it seemed to throw down a big orange marker between Kerry's philosophy and the president's. Kerry, a former prosecutor, was suggesting that the war, if one could call it that, was, if not winnable, then at least controllable. If mobsters could be chased into the back rooms of seedy clubs, then so, too, could terrorists be sent scurrying for their lives into remote caves where they wouldn't harm us. Bush had continually cast himself as the optimist in the race, asserting that he alone saw the liberating potential of American might, and yet his dark vision of unending war suddenly seemed far less hopeful than Kerry's notion that all of this horror -- planes flying into buildings, anxiety about suicide bombers and chemicals in the subway -- could somehow be made to recede until it was barely in our thoughts.[quote]

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/10/magazine/10KERRY.html?oref=login&pagewanted=all&position=

HIS VIEW OF TERRORISM - A LONG ARTICLE WORTH READING

Last edited by twicearound on Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
MissPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an absolute idiot.

Tell that to the people who died in the WTC, Pentagon, Beslan, USS Cole, Jakarta......

A fly is a nuisance. A mesquito is a nuisance. Screaming children in the store are a nuisance. A flat tire is a nuisance.

He says things that are so stupid it makes me want to knock him on his empty head. I bet it would shatter like Humpty Dumpty.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoken like a former prosecutor who's also been quoted by one or more of his surrogates as saying that the best way to fight terrorism is to get more policemen on the street.

If you listen to his speeches real closely, you will pick up this policemen in the street theme several times, and I think he said it in passing in the 2nd debate (haven't checked the transcript for this, however).

In his heart of hearts, his concept is a defensive war instead of an offensive war - and that's the real difference between JFK and GWB.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NUISANCE ---get back to when Terrorists were a NUISANCE?
A nuisance is the colony of ants that likes to march into my kitchen on occasion ... A nuisance is the fall cold caused by allergies... A nuisance is occasional patch of weeds that appear in my front yard .... I kill the first and mop the floor, I drink oj and carry a box of issues for the second, and for the third I just pull them out and throw them away.

Murderers are not, nor have they ever been a nuisance ---- Even John Kerry rates higher than a nuisance --- he is a totally oblivious, self-absorded, dangerous p***k

Gee what a nuisance a group of terrorists just cut off my head in a extremely slow horribly painful manner

I hope Kerry chokes on his words. Let the Secret Service come visit me.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]One can infer from this that if Kerry were able to speak less guardedly, in a less treacherous atmosphere than a political campaign, he might say, as some of his advisers do, that we are not in an actual war on terror. Wars are fought between states or between factions vying for control of a state; Al Qaeda and its many offspring are neither. If Kerry's foreign-policy frame is correct, then law enforcement probably is the most important, though not the only, strategy you can employ against such forces, who need passports and bank accounts and weapons in order to survive and flourish. Such a theory suggests that, in our grief and fury, we have overrated the military threat posed by Al Qaeda, paradoxically elevating what was essentially a criminal enterprise, albeit a devastatingly sophisticated and global one, into the ideological successor to Hitler and Stalin -- and thus conferring on the jihadists a kind of stature that might actually work in their favor, enabling them to attract more donations and more recruits[/quote]

ANOTHER PORTION OF THE ARTICLE IN REFERENCE TO THE POLICING STATEMENT ABOVE.
8dayweek
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is an absolute idiot. I guess that goes without saying. Talk about loading guns and handing them to your enemy. Geez. The Bush campaign will be running a lot of ads with this. It's all over the Bush blog.

http://www.georgewbush.com/blog/

By The way, does treating terrorism as a nuisance qualify as a domestic issue in the next debate? Bush has to get that into the debate some how. He'll have Kerry spinning like a top if he does.
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one great Oct. surprise...and Kerry gave it to himself!
The election is almost over...let's pray that W can win this next debate!
This is one big nail in the Kerry campaign.
God Bless America,
Greenvale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: