SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rather to "Examine" Kerry's Silver Star
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Rather to "Examine" Kerry's Silver Star Reply with quote

CBS is promoting a Nightly News with Dan for this coming week (Tuesday?) in which they purport to have found village witnesses to the event for a "revealing", "true", "accurate" examination of the facts of the SS. I can only smell a rat.

No mention is made of the Form 180. No mention is made of the curious existence of 3 citations or Lehmen's comments. No reference to the curious DD214 comment of "with Valor" nor any reference to US veterans who were witnesses.

Whenever Dan says he has the truth I can only ask if it comes 'with flies'. This partisan effort is being brought to you by the same network that's providing Schieffer, the (Deleted by Admin) moderator for this week's debate.

note: Please keep the hyperbole down to at least a dull roar. Thanks
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably found the villagers at a Kinkos in Texas Laughing

They should report it accurately. "Rather justfies Kerry Silver Star." Rolling Eyes
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes one wonder if Rather has seen the SPOT report. Or the Navy Archives reports, or the Texas Tech Vietnam archives that came to light because of the efforts of some of the hard-working members of this forum (you all know who you are!).

Or whether he is basing his report of the op-ed written by one of the witnesses whose only major decrepancy with the UFC is what the VC was wearing, and how old (or not old) he was.
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, but this is CBS you're talking about!

We should realize by now that Dan Rather will have the documents to prove this fine art of journalistic reporting. Besides, Rather will probably have someone like Terry M'Cuallif (might-call-if) to vouch for the authenticity (often-this-city) of the superscripted paperwork.

Hopefuly something will turn up before the election, that will force Kerry to sign something (praying hard might bring about a resignation) Very Happy , and this Country will be spared the long, drug out Supreme Court Process Again!

Please forgive the spelling & grammer, as for my school experience involved going all the way through it (in the front door & out the back) Confused

Have a great day,
Wind Walker Rolling Eyes
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather is probably having ex members of the "village people" give their testimony. What would be the probability of finding real villagers that were there that saw this one incident and remembered it was kerry, right dan.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he will probably try to jusify the SS with a bogus interview but this could be good news for us. The media isn't talking much the swift boat charges and when they do mention swifties its to say that they effected the polls in august and then they add that the claims are unsubstaniated or debunked or whatever word they want to attach. If Rather does a story on the SS that will cause other media to talk about it and perhaps, thru talking more about it, someone out there will counter with some real facts that might otherwise not have gotten the attention they deserve. Like Chiefs proving it was Kerry that wrote the AAR on the bronze star incident. Could just come up in the talking after the Rather story..

I know I'm rambling.. I'm saturated with politics and need a night off to clear my head.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember there was an article in a newspaper or magazine about this. The villagers never mentioned that they remembered Kerry, just the Swiftboats. The writer inferred that they were talking about Kerry. Why don't we fire a preemptive strike and start NOW to send letters to the editor after we find that article. "If Dan's article is like this one in XXX magazine then he's obviously not tired of trying to throw the campaign to Kerry, etc."

What is the Vietnamese word for cBS???
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the villagers only viewed Kerry's antics as a nuisance...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is repackaged propaganda. Undoubtedly ol' Dan took his pith helmet and safari jacket out of mothballs and is gonna re-package this "story" that was peddled a coupl'a months ago.

Anyone got a link to the original and it's source?
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way in hell that a Rather report is going to impune Kerry, so stand by for a rush in blood pressure.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary Ratter is going to say kerry deserved the Star, and the V.
Coincidentally (?), the treason indictment hits the same day.

I really beleive Ratter's insanity has biological roots..
212351st
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Rather to "Examine" Kerry's Silver Star Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
CBS is promoting a Nightly News with Dan for this coming week (Tuesday?) in which they purport to have found village witnesses to the event for a "revealing", "true", "accurate" examination of the facts of the SS. I can only smell a rat.

No mention is made of the Form 180. No mention is made of the curious existence of 3 citations or Lehmen's comments. No reference to the curious DD214 comment of "with Valor" nor any reference to US veterans who were witnesses.

Whenever Dan says he has the truth I can only ask if it comes 'with flies'. This partisan effort is being brought to you by the same network that's providing Schieffer, the (Deleted by Admin) moderator for this week's debate.

I thought I saw Ted Koppel doing a promo for the same thing, on this coming Tuesday's Nightline......

Cheers,
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's CBS, who the heck cares, the radar screen at La Guardia gets more viewers

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
icecold
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Rather to "Examine" Kerry's Silver Star Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:

interesting..do u have any news links to this story..i would like to forward it
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello? Isn't Dan Rather's and CBS's credibility just slightly damaged? Now they're really insulting the intelligence of their viewers. It's a bit too soon to expect our memories to have failed. They should just shut up for a while, lest we be reminded of their shameful bias.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: