SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This scares me to death France Becomes Ally with China

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: This scares me to death France Becomes Ally with China Reply with quote

Posted: Sunday October 10, 2004 5:26 pm Post subject: Read it All. Read it Slow...France Becomes Ally with China

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my What if Kerry is elected.
Its very long...but this is a key change is the alliance structure of the world. France has changed from merely being a thorn in the side of the Western Alliance...they are now promising to create an effective superpower to counter the US... Franco-China.

http://www.iht.com/articles/542938.html

PARIS President Jacques Chirac of France will return from a lavish five-day state visit to China on Tuesday with industrial orders worth more than $4 billion, a success that is not going unnoticed in neighboring European countries and may intensify competition for the world's most promising emerging market, analysts and government officials said Sunday.

An official close to Chancellor Gerhard Schröder of Germany said Berlin was watching French efforts to increase their market share in China "with close attention." There was, he said, "a new quality" to the French efforts that might well prompt Germany to step up its courting efforts in China in the months to come.

"There is no denying that France is pushing to establish itself in China with an intensity we haven't seen before," the official said. "In light of how aggressive the French are pursuing their interests in Asia, the German approach is also becoming more direct."
"It will stimulate competition," said Jean-Pierre Cabestan, China expert at France's National Center for Scientific Research. "The risk is that such competition will boost the tendency of some European leaders to turn a blind eye on China's human rights record, which continues to be sharply criticized by organizations like Amnesty International."
Chirac reiterated his support for scrapping the arms embargo the EU imposed on China after the brutal crackdown on democracy supporters near Tiananmen Square in 1989. This is likely to irk the Bush administration, which last week warned European leaders not to lift the embargo, threatening to limit the technology it would share with European allies if they did..

For Chirac, closer business ties with China are part of a broader strategy to strengthen relations with a country that, like France, has a seat on the UN Security Council and similar reservations about American dominance in international affairs.
"France's ambition is to deepen its global partnership with China," Chirac said at a joint news conference with his Chinese counterpart, Hu Jintao, on Saturday in Beijing, Bloomberg reported.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a concern of mine, that the reason France and Germany gave us such a hard time about enforcing the UN resolutions is that they have plans to form a coalition including China and challenge the US. Cherac is power hungry.... WWIII may be looming??? China is scary to me. What have they been up to for so long?

And today Kerry says terrorists to be a nuisance?? He must have had a visit with Michael Moore, who pointed out there was no terrorism scare. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down. You're thinking that having France for an ally is a good thing.
Like it would strengthenChina instead of endangering them. LOL.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting. This news may induce Britain and Russia to strenghten their ties to the US. Germany could go either way. Spain and Italy will have to consider this.

This just might be the start of a new cold war.
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what benefit would France be to anyone?

Meanwhile, http://iona.ghandchi.com/brooks.htm is a great read on American power.

Endaar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US has all the resources to sustain herself if need be. It is better to have few allies than traitor allies like France and Russia. As for China, their threat is more percieved than real. Our intelligence knows more than is lead on.

Besides, why shouldn't France, Russia, and China team up? They shared Saddam's money. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

China might appear to be entertaining the froggies und krauts, but they're way to cagey to piss on (regretably) the pesos we send them every year.

Whatever their angle is, they'll play the french for the chumps they are.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just confirms that France is really a Communist country. If given a choice between China and the U.S., they would side with the Chinese every time. Need more proof? Chirac was in Hanoi earlier this week bashing Americans and their values. It's sickening.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see that it really helps France, it does help China have a base in Europe.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old wars were over land. Now it isn't the actual possession of the land but the resources, the buying power, the exchange of goods, the control or influence over the laws and policies regarding business practices, these are the reasons for standing up to America. They can gain in these areas with Kerry in. Yes, just look at the UN food for oil "nuisance" (ha!), the support with weapons and money of these countries to Sadam while sanctions and UN resolutions against Sadam were in play. They have shown their colors. No doubt where they stand.

Bush has put them all on notice... we will not error on the side of putting value on their alliance over what is best for America.

I love Reagan but that was the one mistake, re Lebanon. Kerry brought it up to maybe scare some people...bad memory for many in America. But actually he would be doing exactly what Reagan did. He thinks we are all stupid. He said "I may be handed a Lebanon". He meant he would use our troops and their presence as a bargaining chip! He did it with the POW's in Viet Nam! His record is clear.That's why 30 years ago matters today. He didn't say, Bush was handling a Lebanon. Words do matter. That statement revealed his true one and only "plan" as to engagement in foreign policy. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWIII with France? They have tough special forces and a pispoor army, half way decent AF but no match for us--take about 2 months to win. LOL--but in reality Americans should do their best to stop buying cheap Chinese crap--this money fuels their economy and the military upgrades. I think the worst case near term scenario that this could invite a takeover of Taiwan.
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things the Military War Games over is the invasion of Tawian by mainland China. I suspect they think this will happen within the next 5-10 yrs.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do the French people starting whining about cheap Chinese imports of goods their contry?

Hell, we whine about it too, but the French are the world biggest whiny asses. They won't like their Government selling them out for cheap Chinise stuff and French style Walmarts putting everyone out of business.

If we stop drinking their wine and eating their chees lkike has already happened I bet the Chinese don't start buying that crap anyway.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I wonder if this represents a crack in the walls of the European Economic Community. Can an independent member of the EUC cut deals with outside nations? It seems to me, the arogance of the French could unravel the long term vision of that whole community (read mess).Twisted Evil

http://www.thewebplace.com/
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't think the France-China syndrome will benefit either party very much. Let France go to the commies if that's their wish, they'll beg us to free them from that terror sometime in the future and we just might take some time to listen. I do believe, however, that we need to court Germany and Russia in spite of their lack of propriety in the oil for food scandal.

Russia has now felt the full force of ai kaida like terrorism and is in a good position to understand our motives and methods. Also, Russia is still trying to find their feet in a free world and could still be a strong supporter if they decide to come our way instead of their old way.

Germany should be ashamed for their part in the scandal, and we might well be angry enough to cut them off. But, if we can turn Germany back to our side it could cause a split in the EU, something that would be in the favor of freedom. So, I say kiss off France - they're too fickle, but invite Germany and Russia to repent and come back to the world of freedom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: