SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World wide ban of private ownership of guns?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: World wide ban of private ownership of guns? Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/10/83928.shtml

I didn't know that the UN is considering this, with Soros leading the way. I also did not know that private gun ownership is prohibited in Australia. When did that happen?

There is no effin way I will give up mine. Look what happened in Germany in the 30's when the citizenry gave up theirs. The jews had absolutely no protection whatsoever.

Sure, a handgun or rifle can't do much against artillery or a massive army, but at least they give the ability to go down with a fight and die a free man, rather than spend a lifetime in slavery or end up tortured to death.

With Kerry as president, a UN ban is a likely scenario.

Zell Miller
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is also for nationalizing the US..legalizing drugs....he has brought the Democratic Party....if Kerry wins..Soros will have a big say in what is done..
MissPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought my first gun this last spring. I also got a CRL so I could carry concealed.

It's kind of hard to put into words how I felt as I was being fingerprinted for my CRL. I felt like a criminal. I felt like I was being persecuted for wanting to own a firearm. When I went to the local police dept to apply for it the woman who processed my application voiced very strongly how she wished people weren't able to do this. Then she grudgingly said, "But, I guess it's your right." Rolling Eyes

I think my jaw almost hit the floor when I heard that. sheesh

My feeling like a criminal just shows how the 'gun ban' proponents have conditioned even law abiding citizens to feel criminal for wanting a gun for personal protection.

Grrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad

I wanted a gun that could do some damage if need be. I bought a .357 Magnum S&W revolver which I load with .38 Special Hydrashock hollow point rounds.
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissPatriot wrote:
I just bought my first gun this last spring. I also got a CRL so I could carry concealed.

My feeling like a criminal just shows how the 'gun ban' proponents have conditioned even law abiding citizens to feel criminal for wanting a gun for personal protection.

<snip>

I wanted a gun that could do some damage if need be. I bought a .357 Magnum S&W revolver which I load with .38 Special Hydrashock hollow point rounds.

Buying a gun was my first step in seriously questioning my earlier yellow dog democrat tendencies. Once you question Democrat gun attitudes, it leads to doubts on other democrat platform points.

In the South, there are many pro-gun Democrat politicians, and even a bunch of anti-abortion Democrat politicians. Guess they wouldn't have much of a chance at election otherwise.

It is still possible I'd vote for a Democrat, if the candidate was closer to Libertarian than the Republican candidate. But it is difficult to trust even a pro-gun Democrat politician. Once they get to Washington, peer pressure with their Northern Democrat buds, and compromise back-scratching to push favored non-gun legislation, there is no telling exactly what compromise votes they might make on gun issues... Gore is but one eggregious example.

You could get a nice inexpensive Ruger .22 target pistol to save on practice ammo expense. If you practice exclusively with high-power rounds, it is common to lose accuracy by acquiring 'flinching' habits.

If much of your practice is with light rounds, when you occasionally fire a full-boogie .357, you'll be too surprised to flinch (GRIN).

I quit firing .38's in a .357. After firing a bunch of .38's, it takes a lot of cleaning to get the cylinder clear enough to accept a .357 bullet. Much easier just to always feed it .357 ammo...
Weaponeer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nra.org/Article.aspx?id=1097

Just a little more information

Weaponeer
www.weaponeer.net

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
He is also for nationalizing the US..legalizing drugs....he has brought the Democratic Party....if Kerry wins..Soros will have a big say in what is done..

That is why Soros is paying big money out, so he can really run this country and Kerry will be his token boy. Twisted Evil
MissPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JCJR Smile

I tried the .357's and sprained my wrist. LOL I'd been using .38 and did fine and loaded the .357 and it shocked the heck out of me. LOL I did not anticipate that much power at all. I don't plan on ever shooting .357 rounds again so I don't have to worry about loading them! Which is why I got the .38 Hydrashock. More damage. Very Happy We hike alot up in the woods as well as gold prospect so I wanted to be able to protect all of us. I'm really quite small and am small boned so I'll stick with the .38.

I'm looking into getting a .22 revolver pretty soon for target practice. A guy up a a local gravel pit let me shoot his and I loved it. No recoil. Smile

I'll look into the Ruger you mentioned. Thanks for the advice. Smile
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCJR wrote:
I quit firing .38's in a .357. After firing a bunch of .38's, it takes a lot of cleaning to get the cylinder clear enough to accept a .357 bullet. Much easier just to always feed it .357 ammo...

FWIW, I clean the cylinders with a stainless steel brush, and I've never had a problem. Of course, I use only a bronze brush on the barrel. I also handload my own target loads, and in an S&W K frame with a four inch barrel, I don't get much recoil.

Flinching is a problem, though. It took me a long while to be able to practice comfortably with a .40 S&W.

MissPatriot,

You're probably better off with 158 grain .38s than an ultra-lightweight .357 round. Federal loads both "light" and "heavy" defense rounds. The Hydrashocks are usually "light" bullets - you might try Federal's "Premium Pistol" cartridges -- they're generally the heaviest available for the caliber.

Keep practicing. Gun control means "Using both hands!" Wink
MissPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott Smile Here's a picture of me the very first time I shot my gun. I don't know who the guy is standing behind me. LOL He's the one who let me shoot his .22 and he's an instructor. He made me nervous. LOL He just happened to be there at the gravel pit. It had been about 16 years since I'd shot a gun and that made me nervous enough without beign scrutinized by a pro....LOL As I said, I'm pretty small and the .357s are nastily powerful.

Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissPatriot,

My wife's 5 feet nothin' tall, and she shoots better than I do five days out of seven! You just need to find the combination with the greatest "oomf" that works for you!

Good luck. Wink
armybrat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misspatriot,

the best gun is one you can hit your target with every time. I can't think of anybody who would think a .22 hole in them won't hurt. Of course if one doesn't do the trick, shots two and three will probably convince them. An instructor I had once said "after all anyone worth shooting is worth shooting three times."

IMHO, the most important thing about choosing a pistol is "fit". You should be able to reach all the controls, and it should not be too heavy to hold on target.
MissPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, armybrat. I held bunches of different guns and the model #60 fit my hand the best. I held a ladysmith but it felt too small. The pistol grip wasn't long enough and it was uncomfortable to hold. I really took my time deciding which gun to get.

My hubby is a pretty good shot too. But, my kids, mom and I go on alot of nature field trips while he's at work. Smile That and my mom and I go gold prospecting.

I feel alot better knowing I can protect myself and family. I just don't ever want to get physically close enough to a bear or cougar to have to try to fight it off. I wouldn't have a chance. LOL

I live in Northwestern Washington State and there was a cougar attack in Canada just across the border. It acutally lept from a ledge and knocked a child off a horse. The mom ran back to save the kids and they ran and were okay but she was killed.

If she'd only had a gun.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a life long gun owner and everyone should have the right to defend themselves against the criminal element.

The criminals will always have the guns and in no way should one feel like a criminal for it.

There are over 80 million gun owners in this country and if they all voted for those that accept our rights this BS would not be an issue.

Visit my site me and my friends own/keep if anyone wants to. www.gunco.net
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both England and Australia have had their guns taken away - ALL GUNS - not just a selected few. The violent crime rate in these two countries has exploded ! All sponsored by the UN!!

John F'ing Kerry will turn over the sovereignty of this country to the UN beginning on day one. His "We should be like Europe" mentality is more than just dangerous - IT'S CATASTROPHIC !! Didn't we fight a revolution so we wouldn't have to be like Europe??

Here's what you get under Kerry's leadership:

1. Constitution shredded
2. Our military subjected to the World Court
3. Environmental controls dictated by the Kyoto treaty that 3rd world countries don't have to abide with and costs so prohibitive that numerous businesses will fail.
4. Tax rates of 50 - 60% to pay for social programs
5. You think the Political Correctness is bad now - just wait

But worst of all; they will take away any means of defending your family !!!

Well, Johnny boy, if you want my guns, you had better damn sure come prepared to earn your Purple Hearts the hard way!!! Twisted Evil

MSpatriot: 158 grain silver tips will work just fine for what you want. Remember, it's all about still being able to hit your target under extreme stress. Best of luck Very Happy

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Shooter! I'd like to see them try an enforce a ban though! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: