SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veterans' Right to an Attorney Act

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Veterans' Right to an Attorney Act Reply with quote

What does everyone think of this? I like it personally.

Quote:
A critical bill affecting veterans is sitting in the Veterans Benefits Subcommittee. H.R. 3492 would allow Disabled Veterans to pursue needed disability benefits by allowing them to obtain an attorney to represent them while filing claims for disability benefits. The Veterans' Right to an Attorney Act would prohibit a fee from being charged, allowed, or paid for attorneys' services with respect to veterans' benefits claims at any time before the date on which the Board of Veterans' Appeals first makes a final decision in the case.

Yoiu can sign a petition through a link on this site.

http://www.military.com/MilitaryReport/0,12914,VR_Action_071204,00.html?ESRC=vr.nl

coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful not to feed the bears.

Every summer the national park rangers post signs “do not feed the bears” every summer the tourist’s come, ignore the signs and feed the bears. Every fall the tourist quit coming to the parks and thus quit feeding the bears. Every winter park rangers collect the dead bears within the park that have lost the ability to hunt for themselves.

I heard a preacher a few years back tell this story and it has just sort of stayed with me.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there's a point there, but I don't get it.

From what I have learned in many years the VA is run by idiots and a$$holes, they could give a rats backside if you are taken care of or not. I have some screwed up stuff with the VA and I can't get any answers at all, neither can any of the groups like dav, american legion, etc. I would consider an attorney to be a worthwhile evil in this case. I read all of the time in dav or american legion magazines about how someone has been screwed for years and years and it's finally righted. If the veteran could use an attorney there would be one hell of a lot less people screwed when first applying.

The local agent (dav) told me that it's almost useless to appeal, she said they just got one back after 12 years of being on appeal and it's not uncommon. If an attorney can cut through that crap then I'm all for it, right now though it's screwed up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: