SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Let the neighbors in"-Kerry's "front porch m

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: "Let the neighbors in"-Kerry's "front porch m Reply with quote

Got this from a good friend in PA., she wants everyone to know what she saw.

John Kerry brought his "front porch meeting" to our Canonsburg, PA neighborhood on Labor Day morning. Since you will never hear the truth from the TV or print media I thought that you should know from someone who was `almost' there.

The residents who live on the street where the event took place were not allowed to attend. Kerry shipped in approximately 90 invitation only VIPs. In addition, there was a hard luck case who was about to lose her job at USAIR and another was an elderly woman who was having health care problems. Neither one was from this neighborhood. The street was closed to all traffic the night before and all residents on the street were REQUIRED to remove their Bush/Cheney signs.

The sympathetic police officers on duty told us that Kerry used imminent domain to claim the street for his purposes. Residents who have homes within the perimeter (approximately 1 full block) were kept behind a line away from the partisan crowd. The rest of us were not allowed within the 1 block cordon. A neighbor from across the street came to the line where we were being kept and asked us to come onto his property. The police told us that we could stand on this mans FORMERLY private property! This was so that Kerry's views could be heard - but not the neighbors. About 30 peoples (mostly neighbors) shouts echoed down the street ....

"Let the neighbors in".

We could barely hear Kerry speaking with his microphone because press buses were used to block us off from view! This mornings papers are reporting hecklers tried to interrupt Kerry as he spoke to the neighborhood gathering, but he turned our chants to his favor by calling us rude. Even though most of the media was there to record our stories of not being included in the neighborhood forum, not one of them printed or aired the truth. This is what America will look like if Kerry becomes president.

Get registered and get all of your friends registered to vote if they have not already. Kerry thinks that he is better than the rest of us and he has the media on his side to make him out to be what he is not!

Finally, last night as I drove down the street where the rally was, I was shocked to see Bush/Cheney signs in almost every yard on the street!

SBD
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But "Kerry is a man of the people...." umm yeah right.
Pity the MSM does not have any determination to tell the stories that happen everyday here in America, and instead just tow the line so they won't insult those the "powerful".(Never know when they might just get that big "interview" and god forbid they screw their chances by telling the truth.)
Kerry Busses people in for most of his "events", mostly from the Unions.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly suggest you provide that information to Druge Report at www.drudgereport.com. He has a message box on the lower right hand side of the page.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: "Let the neighbors in"-Kerry's "front por Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
Got this from a good friend in PA., she wants everyone to know what she saw.

John Kerry brought his "front porch meeting" to our Canonsburg, PA neighborhood on Labor Day morning. Since you will never hear the truth from the TV or print media I thought that you should know from someone who was `almost' there.

"Let the neighbors in".

We could barely hear Kerry speaking with his microphone because press buses were used to block us off from view! This mornings papers are reporting hecklers tried to interrupt Kerry as he spoke to the neighborhood gathering, but he turned our chants to his favor by calling us rude. Even though most of the media was there to record our stories of not being included in the neighborhood forum, not one of them printed or aired the truth. This is what America will look like if Kerry becomes president.

Finally, last night as I drove down the street where the rally was, I was shocked to see Bush/Cheney signs in almost every yard on the street!
SBD

did this really come from a friend of yours? or just an email that says that.... I get lots of them that say 'my good friend just sent me this letter...'

Imminent domain????? I don't think so.... the street would be public property... but MY YARD - MY PORCH - MY HOUSE????? .... they'd have had to take me kicking and screaming to jail ! No way would I take down a bush/cheney sign for Kerry! I wouldn't cut my grass for kerry ! (I don't really have grass out here in the desert)
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Stevie - use of imminent domain by a political campaign to take people's homes for a temporary use sounds like a totally implausible urban legend to me.
Knot4jfnk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I’m thinking urban legend too. Imminent domain by a political candidate??. Notice there is no mention of the street names, neighbors names or anything that could be verified. I would think that those home owners that put up Bush/Cheney signs would be more than willing to have their names and addresses published.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As delicious as it sounds I kinda think its an urban legend.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Stevie and others. Is this a Kerry dirty trick? Imminent domain doesn't work and removing signs from private property doesn't work. It needs close, very close vetting. Given my experience, I believe too many of us would have gone to war before giving another inch to the punk, or his police. It has a ring of truth though, and perhaps it's just been exaggerated a bit.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the fact that someone else seems to have gotten the exact same e-mail with the exact same unlikely Gestapo tactics listed, methinks I have to agree with the urban legand theory on this one--C
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made the rounds before, about two weeks ago, and was the subject of its own thread. I'm sure the conclusion was that it was "urban legend," i.e., one of those hoax emails, kind of like the draft email sent out by anti-Bush people.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SBD! I just emailed this page to a friend of mine who is still undecided and her Army husband who supports Kerry. Mad

I find this so typical nowadays and so sad. It makes my heart sick to think there is no such thing as truth anymore. Even Fox News is loosing the edge when it comes to fair and balanced reporting.

I am glad your friend spoke up and out. Smile
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see this P***k! Try this on my street he and all his cronies would leave in body bags Very Happy Seriously if a cop (and no offence to honest police officers) came to my door and said “We’re taking down your Bush/Cheney sign because Mr. Kerry wants to do an unopposed street interview” I would kindly tell the man that I was about to use our 2nd amendment right

2nd Amendment wrote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Equals calling all my neighbor hunting buddies and initiating the "Lock & Load" communication.

to enforce our 14th amendment rights!

14th Amendment Section 1 wrote:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

He has no claim to “imminent domain”, in fact he was violating these peoples 1st Amendment right to free speech!

Yes I would just LOVE for Sen. Kerry to bring his entourage to my street!

BRING IT ON JOHN!
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: articles related that he was indeed there in early morning Reply with quote

Kerry campaign denies 'shake-up'
By Charles Hurt
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

CANONSBURG, Pa. — Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry's
In an early morning front-porch gathering here yesterday, Mr. Kerry's opening remarks focused entirely on economic and domestic issues.
He didn't mention the war in Iraq or his service in Vietnam — usually staples of his stump speech — until supporters in the audience raised the issues.
Even then, Mr. Kerry used those opportunities to guide the informal neighborhood conversation back to domestic issues.
After one supporter rose to call Mr. Kerry "a true American hero" for his service in Vietnam and apologize on behalf of "those who have not served who had the audacity to question you," Mr. Kerry thanked him and quickly returned to the economy.
"What bothers me is they're using it to cover the attacks on you," Mr. Kerry said of the television commercials produced by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth that questioned some of his conduct during the Vietnam War.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040907-122637-3858r.htm

September 6, 2004
POLITICAL POINTS | 9.6 10:30 PM
Front Porch Hecklers
By DAVID M. HALBFINGER

CANONSBURG, Pa., Sept. 6 -- It is a point of pride for John Kerry's campaign that his audiences at mass rallies are not screened. No loyalty oaths, no affidavits, no invitations necessary. (*** Except at the DNC convention you get caged so why is it so hard to believe that the DNC doesn't clean up the neighborhood a bit for their show and tell****)

So, unlike President Bush, for whom disruptions are all but unheard of, Mr. Kerry frequently gets hecklers.

The difference between the two campaigns is even starker, however, at Mr. Kerry's more intimate, invitation-only front-porch sessions, which typically take place in the front yard of a modest home in a middle-class neighborhood - unlike Mr. Bush's "ask-the-president" events, which are generally indoors or in closed-off outdoor areas at a safe remove both from security threats and from loudmouthed Democrats.

Point of pride it may be for Mr. Kerry, but at times the heckling from Republican footsoldiers can seem to overtake the main event. Case in point was Labor Day morning here in Canonsburg, a blue-collar community not far from Pittsburgh.

Mr. Kerry was there to tell a few hundred supporters about his plans for jobs and health care. About 25 Republicans were there to make it impossible for him to do so.

Because of the layout of the block and, perhaps, the acoustics of the squat brick houses that lined it, Mr. Kerry's amplified voice was barely a match for the echoing cries of men, women, and children who interrupted him at every turn, from a neighbor's lawn across the street and from behind a barricade about 100 yards away, with chants of "Flip-flop" and shouts of "Get out of Canonsburg," "Liar!" and even "Traitor!"

Mr. Kerry did his best not to let them break his stride.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/06/politics/trail/06TRAIL-HECKLER.html?ex=1097640000&en=52e4d8e0e1742ba5&ei=5070&oref=login&ex=1095739200&en=85503800262486fb&ei=5070&pagewanted=print

He turns 'porch' taunts into jabs at Bush record
Tuesday, September 07, 2004
By Milan Simonich, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

With a friendly crowd in Canonsburg lobbing softball questions yesterday, Democratic presidential nominee John F. Kerry could have ignored a pocket of hecklers that tried to disrupt his campaign.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04251/374641.stm

Funny that the News articles go out of their way to mention HECKLERS. Must have been something behind that. You expect protests and hecklers at rally's so why make such a major point of them. Unless people were pointing out that they were treated in at least a sense as the subject of this post suggests.
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: One more Reply with quote

From the Los Angeles Times

Kerry Confronts Pennsylvania's Quiet Struggles, Loud Jeers

By Matea Gold
Times Staff Writer
Published September 7, 2004

CANONSBURG, Pa. — The passions of this tight presidential election unfolded here Monday on a leafy, working-class street lined with sturdy brick houses, many festooned with patriotic bunting in honor of Labor Day.

There was a cluster of supporters for President Bush who pressed up against a barricade, trying to drown the Democratic candidate out with shouts of "flip flop" and "liar" as he spoke to a group of residents.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/specials/elections/la-na-neighbors7sep07,0,737384.story?coll=chi-news-hed
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an urban legend.

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=9907

Zell Miller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: