SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

''The New Soldier'' on Fox News, today!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: ''The New Soldier'' on Fox News, today! Reply with quote

Reporter just said they were about to show us the book John Kerry pulled off the shelves !!!!!
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOOO!! They even showed the cover!! Made some quotes from the book, and then left Susan Estrich do a very doe-eyed lil spin at the end, saying John Kerry has 'several times said as an angry young man, returning from a thankless war. said and did a few things that 'went too far'.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have anymore info other than that?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they need to do what Hannity has done, quote the first 2-3 paragraphs of the epilogue! No veteran would vote for a man that said that!

Quote:
Epilogue
And so a New Soldier has returned to America, to a nation torn apart by the killing we were asked to do.
But, unlike veterans of other wars and some of this one, the New Soldier does not accept the old myths.
We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans' Day waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the "greater glory of the United States." We will not accept the rhetoric. We will
not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars-in fact, we will find it hard to join anything at all and when we do, we will demand relevancy such as other organizations have recently been
unable to provide. We will not take solace from the creation of monuments or the naming of parks after a select few of the thousands of dead Americans and Vietnamese. We will not uphold traditions which
decorously memorialize that which was base and grim.
It is from these things the New Soldier is asking America to turn. We are asking America to turn from false glory, hollow victory, fabricated foreign threats, fear which threatens us as a nation, shallow pride which
feeds off fear, and mostly from the promises which have proven so deceiving these past ten years.
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry RR.. I had two toddlers climbing in the fireplace and stuff.. trying to listen over their squeals and stuff.

As I remember, they said 'some Republicans' had been saying he had bought up all the copies that were on the shelves.. and noted that copies of it were available on e-Bay for $500... he said you could however, read chapters of it on the internet.. but didn't say where.

He said the book was testimonies of VVAW's.. and gave a quote of Kerry .. but I can't remember which one.. They had a closeup of his name on the cover and the VVAW stuff.. they showed the whole book, then closeups of the goofy guys with their heads together on the bottom of the pic.

'
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muggedliberal wrote:
...and gave a quote of Kerry .. but I can't remember which one..

Fox reporter quotes from Kerry's introduction in the book: "We were sent to Vietnam to kill Communism. But we found instead that we were killing women and children."
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I missed this. Hopefully they will replay it or have it on their web site.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: New Soldier Reply with quote

Is this such a great idea to bring Kerry's old "New Soldier" book into the public eye again? Is it possible that the radical left might use this to argue (using some of the sham testimonies in the book from Vietnam "soldiers") that Kerry might have told the truth in 1971?

Wouldn't we all be better off if Kerry's radical trash was quietly forgotten, and people concentrated on the fact that Kerry slandered his fellow soldiers and conspired with the enemy, and fooled the Senate into withdrawing the troops, leading to massive murder of the South Vietnamese?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn, I missed it too! I wonder why? I've had fox on.....

who was the reporter? do you know? boy, having that on tv is really gonn tick kerry off!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "radical left" LOST big-time in '72. YES, we should want this book out there! And the book is just one part of HOW he trashed and betrayed fellow servicemen. Let it ALL out.
fb274
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: kERRY'S book Reply with quote

Try this site:

http://freekerrybook.org "The New Soldier"

fb
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, Just replayed again, 2:44 pm et.

Kimberly
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
darn, I missed it too! I wonder why? I've had fox on.....

who was the reporter? do you know? boy, having that on tv is really gonn tick kerry off!

William LaJuenesse reported.

Kerry supporters rumored to have bought them up, can find on e-bay, $500. What don't they want you to see?

'Interview with 2 people, one is Susan Estrich who claims this is nothing but a smear campaign.

They mentioned veterans needing an apology. Susan said that recently Kerry had gone on tv and stated that his comments in 1971 had gone 'overboard'.....but she said nothing about an apology. Guess he thinkgs that was his apology.

Kimberly
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw it again too.. the other guy interviewed was Hugh Hewitt.. a conservative talk show host, who seemed extremely happy this was being brought to light. Wink

~mugged~
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: This stuff has got to come out Reply with quote

The more this radical bas...d is exposed the better. He has banked on the fact that this war was so long ago that perhaps people wouldn't remember. The best predictor of how someone will react is their past. Kerry and his cronies can spin all they want, he meant what he said over 30 years ago, he's not sorry for saying it, he's sorry people can remember it and see it for themselves in his writings and in the many available videos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: