SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naval Historical Center documents ready for viewing!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Naval Historical Center documents ready for viewing! Reply with quote

So many researchers and forum members wanted to see the various documents that were found in the Naval Historical Center at the Washington Navy Yard during our searches to assist in the analysis done by the NAVY CHIEF that one of our forum members, The Bandit, graciously offered space on his website.

The documents have been posted there for the last week or so while I have been working with another forum member, SBD, setting up a website so we could offer them by topic! SBD has designed a marvelous site and I have been spending all my spare time uploading documents for you all to view at http://www.swiftboatarchives.com/ . Just click on "documents" and a list of the topics will come up.

If what you want is not there, please keep checking back, for I am still working hard to upload documents and of course, several of you have asked for more information so we will return to the Archives tomorrow morning to see what we can find!

As part of our search, the Chief wanted us to check the boxes of documentation held at National Archives II in College Park, Maryland to see if we could find anything on John Kerry's medals. A colleague of mine agreed to search pro bono and her report is posted also. Eventually I hope to be able to post more explanatory information on how to use the records, so bookmark us and return!

You will find the site user friendly in that when you click on an image, the thumbnail expands. If you wish to download the image, just right click and choose "save picture as". I noticed that you will get "%20" between each word--just delete that! Each jpeg should have the full citation. If not, the citation for each record will be found on the document itself. I have tried to be careful that each document has the citation, but errors can creep in! Therefore, if you find a mistake, do not hesitate to send me a private message and I will make the correction!

Good luck and enjoy!
chemical_boy
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool...I usually surf this site ever couple of days to see what you guys are doing, I picked a good day to do it
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea of how much work was involved in the preparation of these documents, having spoken to NavyWife on the phone.

SBD, this was great of you to set up and many thanks to all of you and to the very nice DH of NavyWife who is a big part of the team, as well.

All of you involved in this are much appreciated and those documents are going to get a lot of use, no matter what the outcome of this election.

What has begun is a vindication of Vietnam veterans and a massive indictment of the mainstream media.

The site you have put up is going to be valuable to many kinds of researchers.

Many thanks!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible presentation NavyWife and a resource for the bookmark!

Well Done!
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Navy Wife!

I noticed that the dates searched so far began with December 5, 1968. The first Purple Heart was awarded for action on December 2, 1968.

The documents for this award are of particular interest to me because the conflict between Kerry and his command is so direct and simple that any documentation found is likely to show who is truthful.

I've filed a FOIA for these records and would appreciate any information about the 1st PH.

Is there a chance to see the records for Dec 2?

Thanks
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day at the Naval Historical Center. We were able to find the Command Histories for
COSDIV 13 1968
COSDIV 13 1969
Map of Coastal Zone 3

To everyone who was interested, there was no evidence of a COSDIV 14 Command history anywhere!

I will be working to get all these posted on the www.swiftboatarchives.com
web site!!

Navy Wife
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished posting--

OP ORDER 201-69

COSDIV 11 1969 History
COSDIV 13 1968 History
COSDIV 13 1969 History
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! If we can ever get him into court, this research is going to be invaluable.
Cause the work you guys have done nails John Kerry cold on most of the charges in UFC.
Stunning detective work!

Dusty
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-cap of today's work at the Naval Historical Records Center:
I am in the process of posting:
1) the relevent pages from the 1969 COSDIV 14 Command History
2) explanation of the missing 1968 Command History
3) Reports of CTF 116 (River Patrol Force) during Christmas 1968
4) Organizational charts of COMNAVFORV/CHNAVADVGRP STAFF 1 Dec 1968
5) Organizational chart of NAVAL COMMAND, OPERATIONAL CONTROL, and AREA COORDINATION RELATIONSHIPS
6) TG 194 designators August 1969
7) TG 194 designators September 1969 (for comparison purposes)
8)River Patrol Force Organization chart
9) missing pages from the COSDIV 13 1969 history

It is strange, but there is almost nothing available for December 1968! I have not been able to find Spot Reports for that time period other than the ones that have been posted.

I still have a number of documents to upload to the site that fall into other categories such as Daily Summaries.

We all need to give our Forum member, SBD, a resounding THANK YOU for the beautiful website he has provided us!! Go to www.swiftboatarchives.com

Keep checking back as more documents are posted. Unfortunately, there are only 24 hours in the day Rolling Eyes
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy Wife - Thanks to you and your colleagues for all the hard work in compiling these reports from the Archives and posting them so we can all review them. This is incredibly important and valuable work. Thanks so much!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most welcome! I just wish I could work faster!!
wally626
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now all NavyWife has to do is to teach us to read them Confused

Question: On page 8 of Box200 CTG, on the PDF page. there is a report of one swiftboat firing warning shots at another. The boat being fired on is listed as PCF 3. How can you tell whom did the firing? i assume the headers of the message tell you but it is not clear at least to me.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pdf file is so large that I can not get it to download quickly. If you can give me the timedate of the message, perhaps we can find it in one of the other categories.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible work, and thanks to all. Here I thought a while back when it was initially posted on the swiftboatarchives website, those were the documents in their entirety. Not only is this great for researching John Kerry, but I'm sure it is interesting to other SwiftVets and their family members. This readily available access (thanks to all of you) can be passed on for generations to come where people can read about and learn about the SwiftVets. Thanks again for all your long hours put in this project, y'all should be proud!
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have added Stolen Honor video to the website if anyone has not seen it.

You can view it on http://www.swiftboatarchives.com or
http://www.reelectbushin2004.com

SBD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: