SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinclair on Dayside -- Stolen Honor WILL be aired
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Sinclair on Dayside -- Stolen Honor WILL be aired Reply with quote

A spokesman for Sinclair Broadcasting (sorry I did not get his name I think he is the president of that company) was just on Linda Vester's 'Dayside' on FOX. He said they WILL air the documentary, 'Stolen Honor' -- he said, 'After all our POWs have been through, they deserve to be heard.' The audience broke out in sponanteous, unanimous LOUD and LONG applause! He said this in response to Linda Vester's asking him if he realized that -- if John Kerry is elected president -- Sinclair might have a hard time renewing their broadcasting license Exclamation )

I guess she told it like it is: The Kerry Party does not believe in 1st Ammendment rights!
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Hanging Chad' from the Skerry campaign just finished putting his spin on it. The audience almost laughed and booed him off. Way to go FOX! Laughing Laughing Laughing
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the Dem response Wynne.. did you hear him say (over the boo's of the audience) that Sinclair better watch out if Kerry gets elected?!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELL YEAH! I hope my local Sinclair station shows it since they are not a major station.

BTW: WB64 or WSTR64 in Cincinnati.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda Vester is trashing the Dem spokesman on her program. The spokesman is making an a** of himself, actually stating that if Kerry wins, there would be repercussions against Sinclair. When Linda called him out on that statement, he backtracked in a hurry.

Then she asked him if the Dems would object if Sinclair would run the pro-Kerry movie "Going Upstream" (or something like that). He smiled and basically said no. The studio audience booed big time.

Seems her audience is pro-Bush.

By the way, Linda Vester is extremely smart. I watched her on local TV in Tampa, FL before she went to national TV. She speaks many languages, including arabic.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Main Forum

Thanks
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spokesman from Sinclair was Mark Hyman.

Aside from the audience booing every response given by the Kerry camp, when Linda asked Mark, "Are you concerned that if you show the film, and Kerry is elected, you could lose your renewal license?"

Mark, "Given that what these men have been through....standing up for a principled right is the least we can do."

Also, said that Kerry made this the focus of his campaign, he can't cherry pick on what he wants made known and not known about his service. Everything about these men has been thoroughly checked out and they do consider it news. Don't yet know what the format will be. No commercials. Could be an hour maybe more if Kerry agrees. They are patiently waiting and will burn the midnight oil if necessary, will go anywhere anytime if Kerry chooses to participate, but haven't heard back yet.

Kerry camp laughed the invitation off. Kerry camp accused Mark of once having called Kerry a communist Wink and did say Sinclair should be worried. She asked if it was a threat to the license issue, and he quickly backtracked, but said complaints are pooring in (as if he'd know) and sponsors of these stations will be boycotted, blah, blah, blah, and was, basically booed (loudly) away.

Kimberly

Kimberly
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sinclair on Dayside -- Stolen Honor WILL be aired Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:
A spokesman for Sinclair Broadcasting (sorry I did not get his name I think he is the president of that company) was just on Linda Vester's 'Dayside' on FOX. He said they WILL air the documentary, 'Stolen Honor' -- he said, 'After all our POWs have been through, they deserve to be heard.' The audience broke out in sponanteous, unanimous LOUD and LONG applause! He said this in response to Linda Vester's asking him if he realized that -- if John Kerry is elected president -- Sinclair might have a hard time renewing their broadcasting license Exclamation )

I guess she told it like it is: The Kerry Party does not believe in 1st Ammendment rights!

I remind readers of the Theatre of the Absurd the Democrats for John Kerry have become.

F911 - innuendo, spin, omissions, distortions, national movie theatre audience. No complaints; Moore invited as DNC honored guest.

This soon-to-be-aired film - John Kerry's own words, plus the words of former POW's. - DNC wants this CENSORED and threats are insinuated regarding licences and retaliation (I remind readers this is basically extortion).

These are totalitarian tactics, plain and simple. SwiftVets, we need you more than ever.

-- FDL
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to start monitoring Kerry and Edwards appearances to see if Senate/Congressional/Local candidates begin to distance themselves by non-appearance with these charlatans...the ODOR is beginning to become noticable.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It truly is the theater of the absurd: I've not heard the Kerry Kamp make one remark about the content of the video; they've just complained that it's going to be shown. I.e., they really are saying they don't want the truth to be known!!!!

Last edited by Anker-Klanker on Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a link to the file?

Laughing
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I saw that. And IMO he did threaten Sinclair. Mark Hyman is not one to back down. He is the one that got tired of hearing of all the bad stuff in Iraq and decided that there had to be something good going on too. So, he went to Iraq for two weeks to see for himself. He does a commentary called "The Point". I e-mailed them and told them thanks. Ohio is a big battleground state and there is two stations for me WTTE 28 Fox and WXYX channel 6 ABC. Chad is looking worse for the wear, needs a shave. He looked "scary" as my sister put it. But what was up with the other woman in the audience that Vestor almost had to kick out with the next guest for the PBS part?
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

concerned, I saw that too. Missed the first part of the woman's comment--all I heard was something like 'AT&T.' Linda quickly put the gal in her place, didn't she?
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

concernedgranny wrote:
Yea, I saw that. And IMO he did threaten Sinclair. Mark Hyman is not one to back down. He is the one that got tired of hearing of all the bad stuff in Iraq and decided that there had to be something good going on too. So, he went to Iraq for two weeks to see for himself. He does a commentary called "The Point". I e-mailed them and told them thanks. Ohio is a big battleground state and there is two stations for me WTTE 28 Fox and WXYX channel 6 ABC. Chad is looking worse for the wear, needs a shave. He looked "scary" as my sister put it. But what was up with the other woman in the audience that Vestor almost had to kick out with the next guest for the PBS part?

lol, I was just going to ask....what was the PBS special re: Kerry & Bush AND what was that woman going to say? She was there yesterday too and Mike Jerrick had to stop her. Though she was wearing the same thing? I don't know, but she was gone the next segment. Kerry or Bush supporter I wonder? Something about ATT and a phone call? Linda, "Take your hand off of me"? a couple of times.

Kimberly

Last edited by kimberly on Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone needs to email Sinclair with their support .... and their sponsers.

you know the dems with be working overtime complaining to Sinclair.... the more they complain in the public, the more exposure the film gets and the more exposure Kerry gets tying to 'hide' the film.... just like trying to keep UFC out of print / stores and the ads off the air.

'Scarborough' with Pat Buchanan last night had a former attorney for the FCC on and he said there is nothing illegal about Sinclair showing the film and the FCC can't stop it. I hope he is right!!!

Oh, I gotta go watch for the President's plane to fly in.... no other planes can fly during this time.... so if I see ia plane, it has to be his!!!!!

and I'll wave at him!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: