SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCOTT CAMIL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Time lines Reply with quote

Re: Scott Camil's timeline
Just a couple of questions....(darn swifties have made me so skeptical I don't trust anyone anymore if something doesn't add up)
Such as: he graduated from HS & shipped out to Paris Island to join the Marines in 1965. He served 2 tours and then began his college degree in 1967. (Maybe they were Kerry tours). That could be his service #, right amount of digits and the SS #s weren't used until 1968. (www.defenselink.mil/privacy/opinions/op0045.html) But the ID lines are still messed up. And, mine is in much better shape & I have it with me all the time. But, he did have a rougher life, getting shot (again) this time at home. I sure would like to see his DD214. Another thing, E5 two years after bootcamp? Hmmmmmmmm And there is still the issue of the missing information that had to be included on the IDs. What is with the hair thing? Certianly not USMC issued!
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Time lines Reply with quote

Sgt-Keeper wrote:
Quote:
E5 two years after bootcamp? Hmmmmmmmm

I was an E-5 after seventeen months in the Army. Promotions like that were common in Vietnam.

More interesting is the flap in late August or early September this year when a SwiftVets rally flyer was found at a Bush campaign office in Gainseville. This made national news and was supposed to show that the SwiftVets were affiliated with the Bush campaign, in defiance of the 527 law. Of course, no such rally existed, was ever planned or held, but that fact got lost in the smoke.

There is an old thread on this somewhere on this forum.

Turns out the man who "found" the flyers at the campaign office was an associate of Camil's - serves on the same RNC/Kerry/Florida veterans committee.

Bottom line is, in whoever's version, even his own, Camil's bio is a life-long case study in habitual anti-social acting-out. A poster boy for Kerry's "Winter Soldier." A Psychopath of One.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I ETS'd, I had to surrender my ID card. How did he keep his? Looks more like a forgery to me.

The bottom picture bears a strong resemblance to Charlie Sheen, to me.

If that is really his site, he's one sick puppy.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the ID card through my photo shop program and blew it up five times. It was torn in half from lower left to top center at some point. Looks like the photo was a paste on (sound right to you 60's era GIs - I don't recall) that came off in the tearing process and was poorly re-centered for the reconstruction. The haircut looks reg. - the oddity is part of the tear, as it the apparent damage to the abbreviation "Sgt."

All in all, it looks authentic, but damaged and repaired.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Time lines Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:
There is an old thread on this somewhere on this forum.

Turns out the man who "found" the flyers at the campaign office was an associate of Camil's - serves on the same RNC/Kerry/Florida veterans committee.

Bottom line is, in whoever's version, even his own, Camil's bio is a life-long case study in habitual anti-social acting-out. A poster boy for Kerry's "Winter Soldier." A Psychopath of One.

Here ya go Doc, loads about Camil:
http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10794&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=gainesville
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I get some clarification about the concern or questioning of the id?

The fact that the Scott Camil known to be in the VVAW and the Phoenix planner etc, is still in Gainesville and working for Kerry.

Haven't tracked down info on the others. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
rikkoshay
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth.... I was born in 54 to active duty Army dad who retired in 66. I still have my dependent id card ( I guess we were allowed to keep it because we still had access to bases since he retired?? Not sure....) Anyway, it has a pasted-on pic which causes a slight raised area, is not aligned perfectly, and has a very heavy laminate protection. It is a much sturdier, thicker id card than those I was issued on active duty. I can dig it out of 'memory storage box' if you need more info than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: